Championship Mentality Coach Kevin Beard is preaching...

Advertisement
Love Beard and his passion and that players look up to him.

But I supervise a micromanaging idiot manager in one of my offices.
Trust me when I say this.

IMHO, Al is already trying to figure out ways to make the players reinforce that Al is in charge. He's focused on himself and his own image more than winning.

The Beard cheerleading is getting wayyyyy out of hand on this board.

It's sad because I think he will have a real positive impact but people are hyping him up to an unattainable level

NOBODY on here would think Beard was a good hire if he wasn't a former UM player.

Imagine if we hired anybody else who's only experience was coaching Wide Receivers at a high school. Shoot, I know tons of guys more qualified than Beard and if UM hired them tomorrow this whole board would be in meltdown mode.

It's sad because I think he will have a real positive impact but people are hyping him up to an unattainable level

Quit hating, guys. Did you see that YouTube video? Beard was coaching the WRs on how to get in and out of routes. I seriously doubt that is going on anywhere else.

Advertisement

Quit hating, guys. Did you see that YouTube video? Beard was coaching the WRs on how to get in and out of routes. I seriously doubt that is going on anywhere else.

Indeed, that was some riveting stuff. Completely innovative.

NOBODY on here would think Beard was a good hire if he wasn't a former UM player.

Imagine if we hired anybody else who's only experience was coaching Wide Receivers at a high school. Shoot, I know tons of guys more qualified than Beard and if UM hired them tomorrow this whole board would be in meltdown mode.

Let's be honest here...Beard ain't on staff because he's the sharpest WR coach in the ranks.

Let's be honest here...Beard ain't on staff because he's the sharpest WR coach in the ranks.
But that Youtube video...

Well I've seen him coach up WRs before and I think he is a good wr coach. In addition to that, he is a good communicator with his position group and from what I saw the players listen to him more than other coaches. But I agree on your point. IMO, for UM with such a unique location & tight community, hiring a former player & coaching experience with a ring would help recruiting & community relations a lot if we were winning games consistently. When there's around 15-20 um alums coaching in south Florida & other NFL guys it's always good to have a guy such as Chud, Cristobal, Barrow, Beard, etc. to keep consistent, honest communication. I do believe he will be better wr coach than carroll but that isn't setting the bar high. The idea that he will take over the team is ludacris. He still has to go through his first cycle and get adjusted to the full time duties.

Let's see how he does with coaching the WRs with a sophomore Qb who was a freshman all american before crowning him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Lol, a lot of hate in this thread! []_[] too could make the jump from high school to D-1.

Advertisement
Back