Chad Thomas and Braxton Berrios updates

well to offer now means what? plan ABC didn't work out or they realized they made a mistake? lots of programs slept on the kid until his recent performance

Advertisement
We fans were all over Berrios, so was a bunch of the staff. Al obvious had some questions. If this kid hangs us out to dry, remember we begged for his offer so keep the blame on us, not Golden. I know I expected him to commit on the spot and wanted him bad. He has thrown some cold water on that.

we slept on the kid, now he's blowing up. I have no problem with the kid enjoying the process.

This "we slept on the kid" nonsense is getting out of control. Does he have offers from ND and the other schools he mentioned? I don't think he even does, yet he's looking forward to visiting there. We offered this dude before his senior season even started, so there's no sleeping going on. He just isn't the UM fan or UM lock that many thought he was when they were whining for him to be offered.

I just have a feeling not offering him after his performance at camp will come back to bite us in the ***. The combination of him balling at camp at his dream school and getting the offer, I think he would have committed. That would make me feel a lot better about him visiting other schools now that his recruiting is blowing up.

we slept on the kid, now he's blowing up. I have no problem with the kid enjoying the process.

This "we slept on the kid" nonsense is getting out of control. Does he have offers from ND and the other schools he mentioned? I don't think he even does, yet he's looking forward to visiting there. We offered this dude before his senior season even started, so there's no sleeping going on. He just isn't the UM fan or UM lock that many thought he was when they were whining for him to be offered.

never did understand how everyone got themselves so **** worked up into thinking this kid would auto-commit. just seemed like a level-headed kid who said all the PC things to whoever was asking.

same dudes who think every stripper actually likes them

Advertisement
I just have a feeling not offering him after his performance at camp will come back to bite us in the ***. The combination of him balling at camp at his dream school and getting the offer, I think he would have committed. That would make me feel a lot better about him visiting other schools now that his recruiting is blowing up.

When did Notre Dame offer him?

You guys are way too dramatic with this stuff. We offered before his senior season even started. We offered before the other schools he mentioned in this recent article that he's excited about visiting. If he really wants to come here, then he'll commit. If he doesn't, then he'll continue looking around. This has NOTHING to do with our offer being "late".

never did understand how everyone got themselves so **** worked up into thinking this kid would auto-commit. just seemed like a level-headed kid who said all the PC things to whoever was asking.

same dudes who think every stripper actually likes them

LULZ at the stripper comment. It's dead-on accurate.

Berrios has said he likes Miami, and he's not even local. How many local guys have said they like UM, but wind up elsewhere?

If Berrios was such a Cane fan that he wouldn't consider a visit to ND, well then he would already be committed.

Plenty of guys take visits with no intention of going with that school. If I went through this process and was a fan of Miami, it would still be good to see some of the other programs around the country and what they have to offer. It doesn't mean I would be going elsewhere, but it gives guys a chance to see and experience something else.

He is still a fav to land with us, let him have his time and he'll commit when he's seen all that he wants to see. Better that, than committing and then taking visits to other schools. This board would melt down if Berrios did that

I agree. My post isn't being critical at all. You get one shot at this I say these guys make the most of it. **** in would be worse than Keef Bryant if I was a 5 star recruit.

Berrios was definitely let down when we didn't offer so yeah its possible he's just returning the favor a little bit. I like that.

Advertisement
ESPN on Chad

@TomLuginbill What defensive player ranking will improve after there opening performance #AskLoogs

I would have to say DE Chad Thomas. This is a class that is heavy with good run-stoppers along the defensive front but isn't quite what we have seen in the past from a pure pass rush standpoint. Thomas was the most explosive and fluid edge player in attendance at this event. His length, long arms, sudden first step and flexibility allowed him to consistently win one-on-one battles even against some the nation's best offensive lineman. The best part about Thomas is that his best football is ahead of him. His frame allows for a high ceiling for development as he is very light right now, which is one of his few weaknesses when playing the run or anchoring at the point of attack. That will all change once he hits a college weight program and blossoms physically.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...all/story/_/id/9469226/players-rise-#askloogs

Advertisement
Back