Chad Thomas and Braxton Berrios updates

Man the staff need to move on from this berrios kid this kid is gonna do the same thing to ND what he Did to us begg for an offer just to say ND offered me.. I think he already knows where hes going the kid just wants to play games hes not that good....

Someone neg this dude for me, I'm on my phone. Thanks

Advertisement
Man the staff need to move on from this berrios kid this kid is gonna do the same thing to ND what he Did to us begg for an offer just to say ND offered me.. I think he already knows where hes going the kid just wants to play games hes not that good....

93.gif

Don't know how the U can be a dream school and you could also want a ND offer. That's just not a reality I grew up in.

When you consider that Berrios was probably 8 or 9 when UM moved to the ACC, it's not much of a stretch to think he knows little to nothing about a rivalry that was at its height of intensity almost 10 years before he was born.

I've only followed Miami for about 5 or 6 years and I'm well aware of the tradition and rivalry with ND. And our matches with them in the 80's and 90's. He would be well aware of our hatred of ND...after all it only took me about 1-2 years to learn to hate those leprechauns

someone inform me how a rivalry between two college football programs directly affects a kid's future

94.gif

Advertisement
someone inform me how a rivalry between two college football programs directly affects a kid's future

If you look at it black and white, it doesn't. If you are attracted to a particular program or have followed any team, in any sport in the world that team has opponents that it dislikes more than others.
A vast majority of recruits have some school or schools that they have followed growing up and therefore have a school or schools that they dislike.

This definitely influences their decisions and therefore their future and your kidding yourself if you think otherwise

If Berrios was such a Cane fan that he wouldn't consider a visit to ND, well then he would already be committed.

I don't think younger folks even know that a Miami/ND rivalry ever existed. Berrios was born in 1995, so not even a teenager until 2008.

If Berrios was such a Cane fan that he wouldn't consider a visit to ND, well then he would already be committed.

Plenty of guys take visits with no intention of going with that school. If I went through this process and was a fan of Miami, it would still be good to see some of the other programs around the country and what they have to offer. It doesn't mean I would be going elsewhere, but it gives guys a chance to see and experience something else.

He is still a fav to land with us, let him have his time and he'll commit when he's seen all that he wants to see. Better that, than committing and then taking visits to other schools. This board would melt down if Berrios did that

Advertisement
I don't think younger folks even know that a Miami/ND rivalry ever existed. Berrios was born in 1995, so not even a teenager until 2008.

Of course he would know. I wasn't alive when Princeton and Harvard were winning NC either, but I know that happened. He is interested in the school and would have some idea of the history. I believe that tradition in college football is bigger than any other sport in the world, guys sign with Michigan each year based on its tradition...I def believe that most guys that have some interest in the school would look into that aspect or at least have a feel for it

Shoot... Braxton would get picked up by the police for excessive swag the minute he stepped into south bend. He's too fly for that there place.

I have a real good feeling about Chad Thomas but definitely don't like his comments on Pooeyville

A Berrios and Dixon final WR haul would be epic. If we get those two I have absolutely zero (nilch nada none NO SIREEE) problem losing Lane and Rudolph.

Advertisement

Of course he would know. I wasn't alive when Princeton and Harvard were winning NC either, but I know that happened. He is interested in the school and would have some idea of the history. I believe that tradition in college football is bigger than any other sport in the world, guys sign with Michigan each year based on its tradition...I def believe that most guys that have some interest in the school would look into that aspect or at least have a feel for it

You're out of touch with reality. 17 year olds in 2013 aren't up on 1980s football. The 30 for 30 might have given the ND games exposure, otherwise they'd have no clue.

You're out of touch with reality. 17 year olds in 2013 aren't up on 1980s football. The 30 for 30 might have given the ND games exposure, otherwise they'd have no clue.

I disagree...Ok some kids wouldn't have a clue, but there would be plenty that would, especially those growing up in and around Miami. I'm not saying they are up with 80's football (player's names, scores, coaches etc.) But they would have some clue that there is was/is some significance and potentially a rivalry with ND.

Yes, I understand that many kids are more self-involved these days but they also do have some understanding of history, even if its just mentioned in passing.

Furthermore, some kids actually really like the aspect of tradition and enjoy rivalries, even before they get to whichever school they choose.

Advertisement
we slept on the kid, now he's blowing up. I have no problem with the kid enjoying the process.

I don't know if slept on him is what they did.

Said that the staff might have had someone ranked higher and wanted to see how the chips were falling

Advertisement
Back