CFP rankings at 9 tonight

Advertisement
What the #3 ranking is telling us is that we very likely have to win ALL of our remaining games to be in (UVA, Pitt and Clemson). Unlike Bama which could probably lose a close one and still stay in the top 4, we will very likely not get that kind of treatment. Hopefully, we will continue to play ****ed off & with a chip on our shoulder.

This is actually good for us. If we were to lose to Clemson in the ACCCG, then we could possibly sneak into the playoffs, since they're ranked so high. I think if we blowout Virginia and Pitt, we've almost all but guaranteed ourselves a playoff spot so long as (1) we don't get blown-out by Clemson and (2) Wisconsin doesn't win out.

These rankings are the absolute best possible scenario for Miami. My fear was OU at 2, Miami at 3 and Clemson at 4? Losing to a #4 Clemson team in the ACCCG would have ended our season. Now Clemson is 2 with a legit shot at moving to #1 in the next 2 weeks. We lose a close game to the #1 team in the country (basically on the road) ...good luck pushing a 2 loss OSU big 10 Champ ahead of us.

Advertisement
uQ9eoLAr.png

Committee might be weighing Clemsons win against Auburn.

Thats got to be it, I forgot they beat them ****. That looks like a real good win for them especially what they did to UGA, but really that doesnt mean a **** thing cuz they lost to syracuse. This whole **** is fuqed up..............just expand this **** to conference winners get into the playoffs fuq it

Keep this squad motivated and focused. I know Coach Richt will keep them on track. Cant wait for Dec. 2nd. Thats my boys birthday. "Hey son, I got you an ACC Championship game for your birthday. Now hush and get me a PBR."

Advertisement
These rankings are the absolute best possible scenario for Miami. My fear was OU at 2, Miami at 3 and Clemson at 4? Losing to a #4 Clemson team in the ACCCG would have ended our season. Now Clemson is 2 with a legit shot at moving to #1 in the next 2 weeks. We lose a close game to the #1 team in the country (basically on the road) ...good luck pushing a 2 loss OSU big 10 Champ ahead of us.

Miami at 3 knocks us out with a loss.

It's an absolute terrible scenario.

Hocutt quotes Tyrone Willingham...”watching Miami play defense makes me want to wear the turnover chain”. Nice.

Advertisement
slighted again... no respect for the Canes!

big howling Cat 5 headed you way UVA. sorry.

Lol at some of you thinking a one loss Miami team has a chance at the playoffs. Wake up! Win out or Orange Bowl game.

Advertisement
Reasons why they have Clemson at 2 and us at 3

1. They don't want a Clemson/Alabama semifinal
2. They don't want two ACC teams in
3. They want Miami to be out with no chance to recover and can shoehorn Ohio State into that spot with 2 losses.

Just thinking about it, if you would have told me on July 1, that on November 14 we would be ranked #3 , 9-0 and the ACCCG already clinched I would have creamed myself. Literally would have put a hole in my jeans bc I'd be so stiff. I remember watching the whole 58-0 game start to finish, and that was only 2 years ago!!.... and driving 5 hours to go see us lose to Cincinnati, and ND last year. Man oh man how far we've come. We should be 2 IMO, but just putting some perspective on that is crazy

Let's enjoy this ride, GO CANES

Advertisement
Back