CFP rankings at 9 tonight

Advertisement
Honestly we have to beat both Virginia and Pitt in somewhat impressive fashion(17+) to have a shot at making the playoff if we lose to Clemson even if it's by 1 in double ot in my opinion. Style points matter, especially for us since we have played down to inferior competition too much this season. I know we just blew out 2 good teams and had the best performance of the entire college football season against notre dame, but we cannot revert back to our old patterns of letting inferior teams keep it close against us or else I think the committee will take notice in a negative way and penalize us because of it. The North Carolina game is a huge reason that Clemson is ahead of us right now(not that it really matters)

I wouldn't mind 3 as much if we hadn't beat the team that Clemson lost too.. oh well.

I can respect Hocutt's explanation for Clemson being ranked #2 .

Because you are...well, I don't need to say it, everyone knows.

Clemson has beaten 6 teams with winning records. Miami has beaten 5 teams with winning records, and would have beaten a 6th team, if not for a hurricane.

You would also respect a guy who was penetrating you from behind if he just lied to you and told you that you were pretty and smart.

Advertisement
Fair is where you ride the rides and see the freaks. Stop worrying about everyone else's status. Win we in. Who cares what the committee thinks.

First time we beat Free Shoes in years. Dominated VT and crushed ND. Won Coastal first time ever and going to ACC championship first time. First time top 4 in playoff rankings since playoff system started. Not going to let the fact I think we should be higher stop the joy of what has already been accomplished. I have no doubt higher accomplishments are on the way

Both Clemson and Oklahoma lost to unranked teams. No way either of them should be ahead of Miami or Wisconsin.
I agree, the Wisconsin thing is ridiculous too. The schedules are set so far in advance that there is little to no control over what type of season your opponents are having. In the case of Wisconsin, they're a undefeated team in a power 5 conference. At this point in the season you shouldn't be justifying losses by Oklahoma in Clemson to inferior opponents and keeping an undefeated Wisconsin out of the picture.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We have to run the table.

THE Committee ranked us at 3 so we could be trained if we lose to Pitt or Clemson and replaced with Wisky.

Don’t kid yourselves.

Advertisement
For all you guys that keep saying we are knocked out with a loss, that happens regardless of whether we are ranked number 2 or number 3. There is not going to be 2 ACC teams in the playoffs. Regardless of where we are ranked now, the game against Clemson is a battle for who gets the ACC spot.

For the record, I think this entire committee thing is ridiculous. There is a complete disregard for the fact that in football people get injured. What they are saying with Clemson is that because you lose a game, it doesn't really matter if the committee can justify it. Your quarterback getting popped and being hobbled should not excuse losing to an inferior opponent.

so 2 ACC teams can't get in but 2 SEC teams can?

Committee might be weighing Clemsons win against Auburn.

Thats got to be it, I forgot they beat them ****. That looks like a real good win for them especially what they did to UGA, but really that doesnt mean a **** thing cuz they lost to syracuse. This whole **** is fuqed up..............just expand this **** to conference winners get into the playoffs fuq it

Again, Clemson beat #6 Auburn, at home, by one touchdown.

And then Miami beat #8 Notre Dame, at home, by over 30 points.

But we still have fake Miami fans telling us that we should be happy to be behind Clemson.

Can Miami just get some real fans, like what we had in the 80s and 90s? Not these feminized millenials who keep telling us how great it is to be "disrespected".

we could lose to pitt, then beat clemson and get in

we would get a mulligan too 100% guaranteed

This is true and what is so ridiculous about the whole thing. You have a group of morons not looking to find the team with the best resume and instead trying to do everything they can not to leave conferences out.

They need to expand the playoffs to 8 teams (or 6 teams with the top 2 having byes). Give each conference winner a spot and save 3 at large spots

Advertisement
Frank Beamer is a fine man and what he accomplished at Virginia Tech is nothing short of astonishing. Blacksburg, Virginia is not exactly a hotbed for recruiting nor is it a place kids dream about going there to play.

Beamer will be 100% ethical and will rate the teams based on the knowledge he has garnered from countless years of being around college football.

Only list that matters is the final one.

But y’all dudes acting like there’s no chance Miami gets in with its only loss being to a #1 or #2 ranked Clemson team are out of your minds.

Miami gets in over any B1G champ NOT named Wisconsin. It’s really simple. Wisconsin either makes Michigan unranked for their game against Ohio State, or finishes the season with 2 losses against Ohio State and Michigan. Ohio State, losing at home to Oklahoma and by 30 at Iowa is not getting in over 11-1 Miami.

The threat to Miami is having an undefeated Bama lose to UGA in the SEC title game. The committee would probably take 2 SEC teams over 2 ACC teams. They need Wisconsin to win the B1G to not have 2 teams from the same conference, in my opinion.

That gives them the “out” of taking the champ from SEC, Big 12, B1G, and ACC. If Ohio State wins that league, a 1-loss Bama or 1-loss Miami are going in before them.

For all you guys that keep saying we are knocked out with a loss, that happens regardless of whether we are ranked number 2 or number 3. There is not going to be 2 ACC teams in the playoffs. Regardless of where we are ranked now, the game against Clemson is a battle for who gets the ACC spot.

For the record, I think this entire committee thing is ridiculous. There is a complete disregard for the fact that in football people get injured. What they are saying with Clemson is that because you lose a game, it doesn't really matter if the committee can justify it. Your quarterback getting popped and being hobbled should not excuse losing to an inferior opponent.

so 2 ACC teams can't get in but 2 SEC teams can?
There won't be 2 ACC teams, that is a fact.

Advertisement
Ooooookkk!!!! DAYUUM...its like you guys havent been watching this methamphetamine influenced committee do its thing over the past couple of years...

Crazy scenario is if GA beats AL and WI stays undefeated, and we lose one game. They may favor a one loss GA or AL or OK over us.

Advertisement
Back