CFP rankings at 7

I read in this thread that Alabama should be #8 .

Strength of schedule has brainwashed humanity.

Meanwhile, horse racing handicappers moved beyond strength of schedule decades and decades ago. The two variables are class and speed. Class is how you fare in the company you are in. Speed evaluates how good you are regardless of who you faced. Nobody in the horse racing community is dense enough to believe that only one of the two matters. Yet somehow the simpleton college football world picked up on one of them like a new toy a decade or so ago and is tossing it around like they discovered something.

Advertisement
Hate the constant disrespect from the media, hope this inspires the team

Where is the disrespect? Miami has struggled to beat teams with a combined 11-21 record. 10th is the right spot as of now.
We are undefeated when have you ever seen an undefeated team rated this low no matter how they got there in week 8? We were without multiple starters too in the last 3 games. You gave clemson the benefit of the doubt but not miami? CFb playoff committee is insconsistent right there

Miami best win is 4-3 gt. Clemson best win is #13 vt and a ranked auburn team.

In a common opponent we beat someone they loss too and play their best win this week.
1A78B087-F961-4AB5-BA4E-E2F0EDBAD948.jpg

Miami will never get into a CFB playoff w 1 loss. Ever.

Gonna have to run the table.

Playing like we've been playing, no, we will not get in with one loss.

But this Anti-Miami whining is absurd. When we've shown we deserve to be at the top, they have always put us at the top.
Worked for us in 2000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Dumb. The human voters had us #2 before the bowls.

Where is the disrespect? Miami has struggled to beat teams with a combined 11-21 record. 10th is the right spot as of now.
We are undefeated when have you ever seen an undefeated team rated this low no matter how they got there in week 8? We were without multiple starters too in the last 3 games. You gave clemson the benefit of the doubt but not miami? CFb playoff committee is insconsistent right there

Miami best win is 4-3 gt. Clemson best win is #13 vt and a ranked auburn team.

In a common opponent we beat someone they loss too and play their best win this week.
View attachment 52984

And couple that with the fact that the committee is instructed to ignore margin of victory...

But this Anti-Miami whining is absurd. When we've shown we deserve to be at the top, they have always put us at the top.

BS. There's three teams ranked ahead of us who have losses to un-ranked teams, and another has a home blowout loss to one of those. I don't think Miami is guilty of any excess chest thumping by saying that TCU, Oklahoma, and Clemson do not deserve to be ranked ahead of us. I don't care if all we've beat is cupcakes. We beat our cupcakes. The **** is ridiculous and there is nothing wrong with saying so.

Quit being a drama queen. We've had to escape literally four straight weeks against unranked teams and don't have a single impressive win.

Advertisement
These rankings are a waste of time this early the criteria is flawed. Resume/schedule only matters when its us or Wisconsin but its all good for the other teams ahead of us.

You should have watched the show. Everything they said had to do with resume and schedule. We are right where we should be.

Bull****. You're falling for their stupid *** "body of work" narrative. This is the dumb *** idea that a quality win can nullify a bad loss. Okay, so if that's the case, Iowa State is #1 and everybody else can go home. They beat the #3 and #5 teams. What loss can they not erase if Clemson can erase a loss to sub 500 Syracuse with a win over #1 9 Virginia Tech? Why does Oklahoma get a pass for their loss to Iowa State, but Iowa State can't get a pass for their loss to Texas? Why does TCU...why the **** are we even talking about TCU? They do the same **** every year. They play a bunch of 45-38 games against garbage squads and get their asses kicked when they face anything resembling a defense. Have we not already been through this the past 10 years? When are we going to start demanding that teams like TCU ans Wisconsin beat top 10 squads before they get recognition like we have to? Why are there 6 scrub *** teams who've already lost games with playoff chances, while Miami MUST run the table?

Shut up already. We're four bounces away from being 3-4.

These rankings are a waste of time this early the criteria is flawed. Resume/schedule only matters when its us or Wisconsin but its all good for the other teams ahead of us.

You should have watched the show. Everything they said had to do with resume and schedule. We are right where we should be.

Stopped watching after we were announced. Based on everything they harp on any type of win on Saturday for us should put us in the top 6.

Like I said, you should have watched the show. How are you going to comment on their rationale if you didn't bother to listen to their rationale?

What is the rationale for us being below Wisky, whose best win is a one score victory over a Northwestern team that was pounded by Duke.

That Wisky doesn't have to force fumbles with three minutes left to beat a 1-8 team.

BS. There's three teams ranked ahead of us who have losses to un-ranked teams, and another has a home blowout loss to one of those. I don't think Miami is guilty of any excess chest thumping by saying that TCU, Oklahoma, and Clemson do not deserve to be ranked ahead of us. I don't care if all we've beat is cupcakes. We beat our cupcakes. The **** is ridiculous and there is nothing wrong with saying so.

Quit being a drama queen. We've had to escape literally four straight weeks against unranked teams and don't have a single impressive win.

But we escaped. We found a way to win when Clemson, Oklahoma, and TCU couldn't.

You don't even think that's slightly ******* ridiculous, that Clemson or OU could walk in with losses to unranked teams, but if we lose to ND, we can kiss our chances goodbye? What the **** is wrong with you? What do you not understand about this game? I we had gotten our asses handed to us by a 3-3 team nobody in their right mind would be talking about us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

You don't even think that's slightly ****ing ridiculous, that Clemson or OU could walk in with losses to unranked teams, but if we lose to ND, we can kiss our chances goodbye? What the **** is wrong with you? What do you not understand about this game? I we had gotten our asses handed to us by a 3-3 team nobody in their right mind would be talking about us.

They have wins against good teams. Our big win is against Toledo.

Miami would embarrass every school in the weak *** BIG 12 like always.... I'm sure some UM "fans" would disagree lol ;-)

Stopped watching after we were announced. Based on everything they harp on any type of win on Saturday for us should put us in the top 6.

Like I said, you should have watched the show. How are you going to comment on their rationale if you didn't bother to listen to their rationale?

What is the rationale for us being below Wisky, whose best win is a one score victory over a Northwestern team that was pounded by Duke.

That Wisky doesn't have to force fumbles with three minutes left to beat a 1-8 team.

Whisky hasn't played UNC. Who knows what'd happen. The only thing we have to go on is a common opponent. Duke beat NW by almost 40. Wisconsin won that game by 8. UNC played Duke close. There's at least an honest precedent that UNC v. Wisconsin would be close or a likely UNC win.

You don't even think that's slightly ****ing ridiculous, that Clemson or OU could walk in with losses to unranked teams, but if we lose to ND, we can kiss our chances goodbye? What the **** is wrong with you? What do you not understand about this game? I we had gotten our asses handed to us by a 3-3 team nobody in their right mind would be talking about us.

So what? Do wins agains good teams erase losses to unranked teams? If so, you're going to have to explain to me why Iowa State isn't #1 .

Advertisement

And our big win ain't no ******* Toledo. We are 5-0 in one of the toughest conferences in the country, and was in fact THE toughest conference over the last full season.

Bull****. You're falling for their stupid *** "body of work" narrative. This is the dumb *** idea that a quality win can nullify a bad loss. Okay, so if that's the case, Iowa State is #1 and everybody else can go home. They beat the #3 and #5 teams. What loss can they not erase if Clemson can erase a loss to sub 500 Syracuse with a win over #1 9 Virginia Tech? Why does Oklahoma get a pass for their loss to Iowa State, but Iowa State can't get a pass for their loss to Texas? Why does TCU...why the **** are we even talking about TCU? They do the same **** every year. They play a bunch of 45-38 games against garbage squads and get their asses kicked when they face anything resembling a defense. Have we not already been through this the past 10 years? When are we going to start demanding that teams like TCU ans Wisconsin beat top 10 squads before they get recognition like we have to? Why are there 6 scrub *** teams who've already lost games with playoff chances, while Miami MUST run the table?

Shut up already. We're four bounces away from being 3-4.

But we're not you Miami hating .

All the close losses we've had over the years, now when we finally have some close wins we get human dog**** on our own message boards who try to bring our team down.

I'm guessing you didn't make any threads last year saying we were 3 bounces away from 11-1

Our best W is toledo, sconsin hasn't played anyone but they've been dominating the no ones.. we can work our way up in the next two weeks.

Advertisement
I have no beef with anyone who wants to objectively look at our body of work and say that we have played like a "barely" top 10 team.

But if you apply that same standard that you judge us by to everyone else above us, you'll have no choice but to place us 4th at worst.

The only way you can honestly say we're 10th is to judge us by a different standard than those ranked above us.

I'm not upset that we're not ranked higher than we are. I'm ****ed at how obvious the double standard is.

w
Our best W is toledo, sconsin hasn't played anyone but they've been dominating the no ones.. we can work our way up in the next two weeks.

Wisconsin beat 3-5 Purdue by 8 and 2-7 Illinois by 14. Their best win is a non-blowout of FAU.

So your just dumb and wrong, like half the morons here.

You don't even watch non-Miami games or even look at the freaking scores. pathetic

I have no beef with anyone who wants to objectively look at our body of work and say that we have played like a "barely" top 10 team.

But if you apply that same standard that you judge us by to everyone else above us, you'll have no choice but to place us 4th at worst.

The only way you can honestly say we're 10th is to judge us by a different standard than those ranked above us.

I'm not upset that we're not ranked higher than we are. I'm ****ed at how obvious the double standard is.

This. Especially given that the committee is specifically instructed to ignore margin of victory.

Trying to explain that to half the posters here is useless though. They're either trolls or butthurt morons who were upset the program didn't end with Golden (basically Jagr's retarded ***)

Almost all of the people who are okay with this first CFP ranking were on here at the beginning of the season saying 10 and 2 would be our high water mark, and now they can't even wait for us to lose a **** game before trying to find a way to say they were right. They were the people who gave us no chance vs. FSU and knew **** well we'd drop at least one more along the way, probably ND.

I got no time for this bull****, so I'll just call it what it is: Cowardice. Nobody in their right ******* mind should be okay with us going into week 10 ranked #10 despite being only 1 of 4 P5 teams left undefeated. These are Al Golden cucks who have become accustomed to the media narrative that says some teams can get into the playoffs with a loss or two while others must run the table.

CLEMSON DOESN'T EVEN LEAD THEIR DIVISION!!!

They need help to even reach the ACCCG. If NC State wins out, Clemson's season ends in November. How the **** can anybody think it's okay that they asses is in the CFP top 4 while we're 10?

You made this post way too early. If we win the next two games, it is not necessary because we will rise. If we don't, well, it didn't matter anyway now did it. Reading through this thread there seems to be people that need to move closer to the middle of the reaction spectrum from both sides. We have beat all of our opponents, yes. We have not looked good doing it. There is still something to prove, and wouldn't you know it, there is still time to do just that.

Everyone relax. If we are 9-0 and behind 6 one loss teams go nuts all you **** well please. If we lose the next two games, there are going to be so many i-told-you-so posts it will be nauseating.

Advertisement
Back