CFP rankings at 7

These people must be smoking a very special kind of crack if they think TCU belongs above Miami.

Sure, Miami is getting penalized for winning ugly, BUT AT LEAST MIAMI IS WINNING.

TCU couldn't even score an offensive TD in their loss to mighty Iowa State last week.

There is absolutely no way anyone can justify having TCU ahead of UM right now.

Advertisement
Our best W is toledo, sconsin hasn't played anyone but they've been dominating the no ones.. we can work our way up in the next two weeks.

Best win was against Florida state, pls don't play dumb and act like they are the same team then that they are now.

w
Our best W is toledo, sconsin hasn't played anyone but they've been dominating the no ones.. we can work our way up in the next two weeks.

Wisconsin beat 3-5 Purdue by 8 and 2-7 Illinois by 14. Their best win is a non-blowout of FAU.

So your just dumb and wrong, like half the morons here.

You don't even watch non-Miami games or even look at the freaking scores. pathetic

Screenshot_20171031-222829.jpg

Screenshot_20171031-222838.jpg

Best win was against Florida state, pls don't play dumb and act like they are the same team then that they are now.

Just looked at their schedule, Wisconsin's objective best win was Northwesrtern, who lost to DUKE by 24.

FSU, Toledo, Syracuse, and GT are all better wins for us than Duke. So we have 5 wins better than their best win.

Using the CFP's stated criteria, you have to be either a troll, special needs, or just hate Miami (a lot of posters here) to have UW ahead of us

Just looked at their schedule, Wisconsin's objective best win was Northwesrtern, who lost to DUKE by 24.

FSU, Toledo, Syracuse, and GT are all better wins for us than Duke. So we have 5 wins better than their best win.

Using the CFP's stated criteria, you have to be either a troll, special needs, or just hate Miami (a lot of posters here) to have UW ahead of us

Like I said, the haven't played anyone, but 59-10, 40-6, 38-17, 38- 13, 31-14... That looks better than what we've been able to muster... Our opponents have been tougher but we haven't looked great in any games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Offense needs to pick it up! Defense is getting us the ball back we haven't done nothing with it. Richt play calling is trash all these weapons we have and no creativity in play calling, its just bad. Only reason we low in ranking

Like I said, the haven't played anyone, but 59-10, 40-6, 38-14, 38- 14, 31-14... That looks better than what we've been able to muster... Our opponents have been tougher but we haven't looked great in any games.

So our 28, 25, and 22 point wins now don't count?

I seriously can't believe there's a poster on a Miami message board arguing Wisconsin has a better resume. Just fvck off. You're too dumb to even respond to right now

Advertisement
Do not usually enter these discussions but here goes. How anyone can objectively say Wisc is better than the Canes. They play in probably the weakest division of any power 5 conference. They play nobodies ooc. Duke easily beat the second place team in that div(N W). Wisc struggles with the same team. Just my two cents worth

Stop the ing about where we are ranked.

Nobody will respect us unless we beat VT and Notre Dame.

We have to do both to make it into the Playoffs. I will bet you right now that that’s what the Coaching Staff is telling the players: VaTech, VaTech, VaTech.

Win that game, then move on. The rankings take care of themselves.

I don't like this narrative that we need to beat VT AND ND to be taken seriously and move way up in the rankings. If we beat VT this weekend we should move ahead of all the one loss teams. We'll have a better resume than teams like Ohio State who has beaten no one outside of Penn State.

Advertisement

Like I said, the haven't played anyone, but 59-10, 40-6, 38-14, 38- 14, 31-14... That looks better than what we've been able to muster... Our opponents have been tougher but we haven't looked great in any games.

So our 28, 25, and 22 point wins now don't count?

I seriously can't believe there's a poster on a Miami message board arguing Wisconsin has a better resume. Just fvck off. You're too dumb to even respond to right now
i have yet to argue they have a better resume, it's incredible how bad people are at reading comprehension. I've in fact mentioned several times that we have had better opponents. All i'm saying is Wisocnsin was a top 10 team preseason, and has been beating teams and looking pretty good doing so, so i get it.

being a miami fan doesn't change my ability to be objective.

I don't like this narrative that we need to beat VT AND ND to be taken seriously and move way up in the rankings. If we beat VT this weekend we should move ahead of all the one loss teams. We'll have a better resume than teams like Ohio State who has beaten no one outside of Penn State.

Yep we should be in the top 4 after we beat VT but if they wanna say we need to beat Clemson the 5th spot's cool until we beat them in the ACCCG.

Last edited:

Yep we should be in the top 4 after we beat VT but if they wanna say we need to beat Clemson the 5th spot's cool until we beat them in the ACCCG.

But after we beat Notre Dame the next week, we are going to be 3rd in the rankings ahead of Clemson anyway

Advertisement
When is the last time Miami beat 2 ranked teams in consecutive weeks?
Oh,, comparative scores earlier in the season never won NO football game..

Historically, undefeated teams from a major conference have typically been given the nod over one loss teams. One loss TCU ranking ahead of Miami is absolutely absurd. We should have been ranked at least in the 7-9 range. Unlike Alabama or Georgia, we definitely have to run the table to make it to the playoffs. It would be very hard to leave us out if we beat Va Tech, ND, Clemson, FSU (yes, it's a down year for FSU but they still have many elite athletes), Ga Tech, Syracuse (which beat Clemson) and some other decent ACC teams (heck Virginia destroyed Boise State earlier this season which has historically been quite good -- beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl not too long ago). It would likely work out for us if we go undefeated as we'd take two of the current top 4 out and almost certainly jump TCU and some of the other one loss teams. At least one of the teams ahead of us will also likely have an unexpected loss along the way.

Fsu is a five loss team who just got worked by BC.

Just shut the fvck up already

Mods, why is ILCane2011 allowed to post under a new screen name after being banned?

So.... Beating a VT team that everyone on this board is calming ain't that good and they ain't play nobody is suddenly a better win then Ohio State beating #2 Penn State because we beat em? Okay.

Advertisement
Back