CFB Teams Covid Updates

Agreed.

The bizarro bubble is not as big of a deal if it stays contained. It might burn through there in a month or two, and keep it out of the community.

The trouble is it might ***** up football and everything else, and what the non revenue programs might bring into the athletic facilities. Is a crewer going to care if he gets sick for 10 days right now? What about volleyball? Thankfully football is often already consecrated in both staff and facilities, but it’s dicey especially in smaller schools.

Ultimately I think the season comes down to one thing: nerve. If that dissipates it won’t matter how many cases there are or who gets it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Moving to the general CFB Team Covid Updates thread (which I will now title the ‘CFB Team Covid Updates’ thread)

Advertisement
Weird. Someone here warned of this months ago.
What exactly did you warn of? If it was predicting no college football I wouldn't exactly be taking a victory lap. Pretty sure Austin Peay and Central Arkansas are on schedule to play on Saturday. The mindset to push forward to play is such that Texas Tech just announced 21 active cases and decided to isolate those guys and practice today and not pause a thing.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...e-21-active-cases-of-covid-19-within-program/

If anyone argued with you about positive cases on teams thats just a dumb discussion. Any rational person knew that would be a thing

Advertisement
What exactly did you warn of? If it was predicting no college football I wouldn't exactly be taking a victory lap. Pretty sure Austin Peay and Central Arkansas are on schedule to play on Saturday. The mindset to push forward to play is such that Texas Tech just announced 21 active cases and decided to isolate those guys and practice today and not pause a thing.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...e-21-active-cases-of-covid-19-within-program/

If anyone argued with you about positive cases on teams thats just a dumb discussion. Any rational person knew that would be a thing
I specifically warned position groups would be wiped out and everyone here lost their mind. They said cases would be isolated.

I specifically warned position groups would be wiped out and everyone here lost their mind. They said cases would be isolated.
oh my god wow GIF by joecappa

Advertisement
I saw on the Bama board that roughly half their team has tested positive already. The majority of those occurred back in June, when they first returned to campus. If the immunity really lasts only 3 months or so, they will be just as vulnerable as everyone else by the end of September...

I personally trace all these infections back to a mass gathering in Tulsa. Meet me at Godfather's Pizza later to discuss.
I've heard what you've heard.

Then again, I've heard all these infections trace back to communal gatherings in the left part of the local library. Some are meeting for Chinese food to discuss it.

I don't actually believe either, but it's important that we hope the players do enough to largely avoid showing positive on the test.

Good news, today, my pulmonologist at UHealth said the hospital was dealing with 500 patients with SARS-CoV2 a few weeks back. But today it's down to 200.

THAT is good news!!

Not a good thing what’s happening there with Covid. Inevitable but everything going remote is crazy. Total tuition grab.

Hopefully there is a pos in there for football, less live classes.

I'd be damned if I'd be paying for that crap.

Idiots.

Advertisement
Back