CFB Teams Covid Updates

Weird. Someone here warned of this months ago.
DDFD4E2D-7918-4323-9557-4B027915821B.jpeg

Advertisement
Looks like NC State may be rescheduling their first game due to the latest COVID outbreak on their campus. Football players live among other students and there are multiple "clusters" in dorms where football players reside. Contact tracing has team members in quarantine.

Their first game is currently scheduled on September 12th vs VaTech. Both teams have "bye" weeks on 9/26 so the game may be moved to that week. Va Tech would then open on 9/19 vs Virginia.

Advertisement
I read about positive test just like everyone else. My question is are any of these people actually sick? As in really ill? I dont ever hear about that just positive test.

Advertisement
Looks like NC State may be rescheduling their first game due to the latest COVID outbreak on their campus. Football players live among other students and there are multiple "clusters" in dorms where football players reside. Contact tracing has team members in quarantine.

Their first game is currently scheduled on September 12th vs VaTech. Both teams have "bye" weeks on 9/26 so the game may be moved to that week. Va Tech would then open on 9/19 vs Virginia.
Why would they not have the players in a separate location. Having them with the regular students who are going out and partying is just plain dumb.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is great for the team, symbolic for the sport, but I expect to be the norm.

There’s nothing inherently problematic about the game of football when you’re testing everyone in and around the game as often as the schools are. That’s what has made some of the conversation around the season disingenuous, because these are some of the most prescreened people in the country. If they don’t have it before the game then there is zero risk. Everything else is outside of the game.

Advertisement
Back