CFB Teams Covid Updates

Currently been seeing something totally unexpected.

I'm in a camper and being properly precautionary. Have gone to ~25 states this trip.

The very, very WORST state so far for wearing masks is---- CALIFORNIA!!! From Sacramento to San Francisco to numerous communities toward currently in LA area. Maybe 20 out of 1000 people wearing masks other than many keeping them simply around their necks like a pendant.

I've provided an honest, objective observation. Everyone can make their own conclusions and whether the college campuses (and grade schools) are making sensible decisions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Since they restarted, Bama student body has reported 560 cases.

Bet the students are trying to get it.

Advertisement
Perception is reality. You cannot have 30 percent plus positivity rate and not have people freak out.. If one school doesnt have their **** together it will get whole league delayed/shutdown.. Its a big deal.
If 100% of the students get infected, will they remain infected forever? Eventually, it'll run its course on these campuses within a few weeks. People need to avoid that overwhelming urge to panic that seems to permeate our world so deeply.

Miami has over 150 cases as of late night.

The students do not care. It’s just the reality. It all depends on if the athletic departments get wrecked now.
Been saying forever that college aged kids don't give a fck about Covid. Reality is that they will catch it in droves because they don't give a fck. Good news is a college campus is only so big with so many students. So if they all catch it, they will get over it in a few weeks.

I'd rather have them catching it while on campus than spreading it through the community. College campuses can be a sort of bizarro bubble (trademark this one Legend) where everyone isolates to catch it together.

Advertisement
Been saying forever that college aged kids don't give a fck about Covid. Reality is that they will catch it in droves because they don't give a fck. Good news is a college campus is only so big with so many students. So if they all catch it, they will get over it in a few weeks.

I'd rather have them catching it while on campus than spreading it through the community. College campuses can be a sort of bizarro bubble (trademark this one Legend) where everyone isolates to catch it together.
Agreed.

The bizarro bubble is not as big of a deal if it stays contained. It might burn through there in a month or two, and keep it out of the community.

The trouble is it might ***** up football and everything else, and what the non revenue programs might bring into the athletic facilities. Is a crewer going to care if he gets sick for 10 days right now? What about volleyball? Thankfully football is often already consecrated in both staff and facilities, but it’s dicey especially in smaller schools.

Ultimately I think the season comes down to one thing: nerve. If that dissipates it won’t matter how many cases there are or who gets it.

Advertisement
Agreed.

The bizarro bubble is not as big of a deal if it stays contained. It might burn through there in a month or two, and keep it out of the community.

The trouble is it might ***** up football and everything else, and what the non revenue programs might bring into the athletic facilities. Is a crewer going to care if he gets sick for 10 days right now? What about volleyball? Thankfully football is often already consecrated in both staff and facilities, but it’s dicey especially in smaller schools.

Ultimately I think the season comes down to one thing: nerve. If that dissipates it won’t matter how many cases there are or who gets it.
We see this the same. It's all going to come down to whether or not the schools have the stomach to forge ahead despite the inevitable outbreaks and the media clamor to cancel the world.

I think we need 2 bubbles on campuses--the bizzaro bubble where all the pot head students catch it, spread it like their fat little girlfriends' legs, and develop immunity; and the football bubble where no one is allowed in. Football players need to suck it up for 3 months and go into total football isolation where all they do is practice, play, and attend online classes. If they do that, we'll be fine.

It's really up to the players. If they want it to work, they'll isolate with each other for a few short months.

We see this the same. It's all going to come down to whether or not the schools have the stomach to forge ahead despite the inevitable outbreaks and the media clamor to cancel the world.

I think we need 2 bubbles on campuses--the bizzaro bubble where all the pot head students catch it, spread it like their fat little girlfriends' legs, and develop immunity; and the football bubble where no one is allowed in. Football players need to suck it up for 3 months and go into total football isolation where all they do is practice, play, and attend online classes. If they do that, we'll be fine.

It's really up to the players. If they want it to work, they'll isolate with each other for a few short months.
I agree with you guys but man, it’s very different for college kids compared to pro leagues. People say bubble them up etc. A huge % of Pros going home to wifey and kids. College kids wanna divide and conquer if you get my drift. It’s an extremely tall order to get 100 18-22 year olds to all bubble up. Hopefully S&C cuts out reverse curls cause these boys won’t need anymore forearm workouts.

That 141 is over the course of the past week, not just single day. Of those 141, only 78 are students on the Coral Gables campus (the rest are med campus people and 1 faculty member); of that 78, 21 live on campus and 57 live off campus, so very little contact with student athletes.

I agree with you guys but man, it’s very different for college kids compared to pro leagues. People say bubble them up etc. A huge % of Pros going home to wifey and kids. College kids wanna divide and conquer if you get my drift. It’s an extremely tall order to get 100 18-22 year olds to all bubble up. Hopefully S&C cuts out reverse curls cause these boys won’t need anymore forearm workouts.
I understand completely what college kids want to do. But they're old enough to understand that if they want to play football this season, which they overwhelmingly do, then they'll make the necessary sacrifices.

It's only 3 months, and it's really not that big of a deal. They eat like kings, have beautiful accommodations, great facilities. If they can't self-bubble for 3 months, then they didn't want it badly enough.

They can be the big dogs in sports this year, as there are only 3 conferences playing. Full spotlight on them. Don't blow it because you need to go hang out with some pot heads.

Advertisement
Back