2024 Cedrick "CJ" Bailey 3* QB from Chaminade

Not saying he will be, but Cats on this board would have mocked Lamar Jackson offer as well.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Advertisement
I’m confused
Is he a jag or not
The fact he could swing js has to mean he can’t be a jag
Or why else would anyone want to play with him

I like the fact that we are going after another QB. At this point, it can't hurt us. For those of you talking about 2025, dominoes have already begun to fall. I believe 6 out of the Top 10 QBs have already committed for 2025 so time is running short on pursuing an "elite" guy.

I still think we take our final swings with Lagway and Norland, although the on-the-field product is probably a tough sell at this point.
Luke is elite.

Advertisement
So a kid who's thrown for over 2k yards (9 yards per attempt), 19 TD's to 4 INT's, on just under 70% completion percentage is a 'game manager'? Your takes are typically horrendous but this one may just take the cake for your worst ever.
Those are game manager numbers unless he only played a partial season, yes.

This reminds me of the quarterback that went to Ohio St. several years ago, that was from Miami. Same build and stats. Everyone thought we should have offered as wr/te, but he was adamant about playing quarterback in college.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm not saying Bailey is great by any means, but Robert Anae wants him and Anae has been really good at some really **** programs. He used Perkins to get to the Orange Bowl and Perkins threw like **** too. I can totally see Bailey being another Bryce Perkins. Its not like I'm comparing him to Lamar Jackson.

I'm not saying Bailey is great by any means, but Robert Anae wants him and Anae has been really good at some really **** programs. He used Perkins to get to the Orange Bowl and Perkins threw like **** too. I can totally see Bailey being another Bryce Perkins. Its not like I'm comparing him to Lamar Jackson.
I haven't seen his highlights yet but is this guy really that athletic? I remember Perkins almost ran for 1000 one year.

This reminds me of the quarterback that went to Ohio St. several years ago, that was from Miami. Same build and stats. Everyone thought we should have offered as wr/te, but he was adamant about playing quarterback in college.
Gibson was a legitimate athlete that should have played WR. Bailey maybe able to play WR but isn’t as athletic as Gibson.

Advertisement
You're right, he's not. I was probably more focused on giving Robert Anae props for being a good coach and identifying players that could play in his system.
I think Brown has a chance if he can just throw decently. Can't wait until miami has a QB that can actually run again.

I think Brown has a chance if he can just throw decently. Can't wait until miami has a QB that can actually run again.
I think it's asking a lot to be able to improve accuracy by a drastic amount. Mike Leach once said, college coaches take high school players that are inaccurate and try to make them accurate and it doesn't work. He said NFL players do the same thing to college qb's and it still doesn't work. I don't suspect its going to end well for Miami and Brown. He's been here 2 years. If he's not ready by now, he never will be, especially when QB is a huge concern at the moment. It's not like he's a backup to Penix or Caleb Williams.

The top 3 teams as of today OSU,UGA,MICH have pocket QB's that don't run.

Here are their stats as of today:

OSU / MCord 2023 31 carries for -62 yards
Michigan / MCCarthy 2023 47 carries for 164 3.5 yards a carry
Georgia / Beck 2023 47 carries for 104 2.2 yards a carry

Advertisement

FSU now also has a QB that doesn’t run. Because the last one took off running and broke his leg

Not counting the negative yardage TVD has like 60 rushing yards and 2 TD in 4 years of playing. It doesn't have to be a Deriq King back there just someone that can even pretend that they might be able to run for a first down. The couple times Emory did it helped convert vs a forced throw. A mobile Qb can be a difference maker in a lot of games.

Not counting the negative yardage TVD has like 60 rushing yards and 2 TD in 4 years of playing. It doesn't have to be a Deriq King back there just someone that can even pretend that they might be able to run for a first down. The couple times Emory did it helped convert vs a forced throw. A mobile Qb can be a difference maker in a lot of games.
I think a mobile QB is always wanted but I found it funny that te top 3 teams have QB's that aren't really mobile QB's.

When I think of mobile I think about a QB who has at least 50 yards rushing a game.

Advertisement
Back