2024 Cedrick "CJ" Bailey 3* QB from Chaminade

Advertisement
Don't shoot the messenger but it's by no means a foregone conclusion TVD is gone after this year. I get coach speak, but Mario has been telling anyone who will listen that TVD has more football in his future here and went as far as to say he is an NFL QB. You need to prepare yourselves.

I think a mobile QB is always wanted but I found it funny that te top 3 teams have QB's that aren't really mobile QB's.

When I think of mobile I think about a QB who has at least 50 yards rushing a game.
Yea I don't think it has to be anything crazy but even like Stetson Bennett for UGA ran for about 200 yards. But I remember him having big runs here and there that changed the game. TVD I mainly remember him getting chased down by shemar stewart when trying to run and getting chased down by someone at UNC. I'm not counting like the trash teams we played like temple.

Don't shoot the messenger but it's by no means a foregone conclusion TVD is gone after this year. I get coach speak, but Mario has been telling anyone who will listen that TVD has more football in his future here and went as far as to say he is an NFL QB. You need to prepare yourselves.

I don't think it will happen…But I will say with him at least showing a pulse against Louisville, I'd think it's much more possible than it was 10 days ago.

Advertisement
I think a mobile QB is always wanted but I found it funny that te top 3 teams have QB's that aren't really mobile QB's.

When I think of mobile I think about a QB who has at least 50 yards rushing a game.
McCarthy is mobile enough to scramble, I think that’s the key difference. So is Beck, he just doesn’t need to. Neither of them seek to run as the first option, however.

McCord is a statue.

I think it's asking a lot to be able to improve accuracy by a drastic amount. Mike Leach once said, college coaches take high school players that are inaccurate and try to make them accurate and it doesn't work. He said NFL players do the same thing to college qb's and it still doesn't work. I don't suspect its going to end well for Miami and Brown. He's been here 2 years. If he's not ready by now, he never will be, especially when QB is a huge concern at the moment. It's not like he's a backup to Penix or Caleb Williams.
I agree, I do question the QB developers we have had since he has been here though.

Not counting the negative yardage TVD has like 60 rushing yards and 2 TD in 4 years of playing. It doesn't have to be a Deriq King back there just someone that can even pretend that they might be able to run for a first down. The couple times Emory did it helped convert vs a forced throw. A mobile Qb can be a difference maker in a lot of games.
Exactly i dont think he gets it.

Mccarthy who plays at Michigan that doesnt run...has clocked sub 4.5 40 times since being in college.

Advertisement
Driving up TVD's interest in the portal. Much like with Ponce/Gattis/Steele, he's going to make sure he has a landing spot before you hear that we've gone our separate ways.

Not saying he will be, but Cats on this board would have mocked Lamar Jackson offer as well.

It does seem that south Florida high school QB's are often projected as longer term development projects. How can anyone tell who's going to fully develop?

The one that always sticks out to me was Thad Lewis from HML. He was a mid 3-star recruit with a limited offer list. He begged for a UM offer and literally no one thought he deserved one. He stunk up the joint for two years then ended up leading the ACC in passing as a senior at Duke. He even found his way onto a couple NFL rosters for a year or two.

Never Know GIF by The Bachelor

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back