2024 Cedrick "CJ" Bailey 3* QB from Chaminade

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Lots of discussion on CJ on various threads but no dedicated thread. Given his WRs are Jeremiah & JoJo and his potential impact on their decisions, definitely deserves his own thread. No Miami offer as of now.

Advertisement
watching the film, nothing really jumps off the tape to me. He’s got the frame obviously. He doesn’t show any elite quickness, shiftiness when running the ball, although he was slippery getting out of sacks a couple times. I think if this guy had the running ability of someone like Jaccuri, you take him as QB2. Especially since we didn’t take a mobile QB last year. But I think staff would need to see more as a senior to be worthy of a scholarship offer. I think you really want him to develop so he can be worthy of a take and maybe help land his two stud teammates.

Take all my words with a grain of salt as I’m no where near an expert on QB evals lol

Yeah.. this was the first time I've actually watched his highlights and I would've liked to have seen more arm strength for a guy his size. He's a stick figure though. So maybe he'll bulk up going into his senior year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

One quarterback Miami has had moderate contact with over recent months is Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna 2024 quarterback Cedrick “CJ” Bailey Jr. Miami head coach Mario Cristobal texted the 6-foot-6, 180-pound three-star NC State commit late last week to invite him to the Hurricanes’ end-of-July barbecue. Bailey wasn’t able to make it to the barbecue, but he said Miami’s staff has asked him to visit and possibly work out for the Hurricanes again. He said the Canes’ staff also said they want to watch his senior season and see how he progresses before taking things further.

“They want me to come visit and throw for them again, see how I’ve improved over the years. They checked my film and all of that. They want me to join UM and make it like a story. …They know I’m committed (to NC State), but they’re just trying to see what I’m gonna go do this year, so I’m gonna try to put on a show for everybody.”

Bailey, who committed to the Wolfpack March 13, is willing to entertain the Hurricanes. He said the staff never discussed why it chose to recently pick up communication. “If their coaches want to reach out to me, if they want me, it really doesn’t matter who they’re recruiting or who they have, because they think I could make an impact,” Bailey said.

He took his official visit to NC State June 16 — his lone official visit of the summer — but is yet to shut his recruitment down. He added he was previously hearing from Texas A&M as well. “It’s kind of in-between right now,” Bailey said when asked about when he may shut down his recruitment. “I really want to shut my recruitment down, but I still have coaches and colleges looking at me. I don’t want to close everybody out right now because I still have options on the table.”

One quarterback Miami has had moderate contact with over recent months is Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna 2024 quarterback Cedrick “CJ” Bailey Jr. Miami head coach Mario Cristobal texted the 6-foot-6, 180-pound three-star NC State commit late last week to invite him to the Hurricanes’ end-of-July barbecue. Bailey wasn’t able to make it to the barbecue, but he said Miami’s staff has asked him to visit and possibly work out for the Hurricanes again. He said the Canes’ staff also said they want to watch his senior season and see how he progresses before taking things further.

“They want me to come visit and throw for them again, see how I’ve improved over the years. They checked my film and all of that. They want me to join UM and make it like a story. …They know I’m committed (to NC State), but they’re just trying to see what I’m gonna go do this year, so I’m gonna try to put on a show for everybody.”

Bailey, who committed to the Wolfpack March 13, is willing to entertain the Hurricanes. He said the staff never discussed why it chose to recently pick up communication. “If their coaches want to reach out to me, if they want me, it really doesn’t matter who they’re recruiting or who they have, because they think I could make an impact,” Bailey said.

He took his official visit to NC State June 16 — his lone official visit of the summer — but is yet to shut his recruitment down. He added he was previously hearing from Texas A&M as well. “It’s kind of in-between right now,” Bailey said when asked about when he may shut down his recruitment. “I really want to shut my recruitment down, but I still have coaches and colleges looking at me. I don’t want to close everybody out right now because I still have options on the table.”

He’s a solid QB2 option, but we already have a QB2 in Judd committed…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back