2024 Cedrick "CJ" Bailey 3* QB from Chaminade

Don't shoot the messenger but it's by no means a foregone conclusion TVD is gone after this year. I get coach speak, but Mario has been telling anyone who will listen that TVD has more football in his future here and went as far as to say he is an NFL QB. You need to prepare yourselves.
This is me owning my loss. I had a strange feeling, based on, well, nothing, that Mario would be stubborn and go out of his way to bring TVD back. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Advertisement
Don't shoot the messenger but it's by no means a foregone conclusion TVD is gone after this year. I get coach speak, but Mario has been telling anyone who will listen that TVD has more football in his future here and went as far as to say he is an NFL QB. You need to prepare yourselves
Mario said that before the BC game and before TVD put his name in the portal.

*edit: disregard if he has said it since those two events.

Yeah, that’s why.
This kid may not be as polished as some of the 4-5 stars out there but him and Judd have qualities many of those guys don't have. This guy is a leader who has the respect of some of the most talented skill guys in the Country. He has everything TVD was not. Ability to rally the troops when he needs a score to go with above average physical tools to work with. We're trying to flip him from NC State, not some tier 3 bible college. I say, take him and Judd, push the both of them and sort it out after they have competed and developed for 2 years. Then, you either have something or you process them. Where is the downside?

Mario said that before the BC game and before TVD put his name in the portal.

*edit: disregard if he has said it since those two events.
My original post was before he went to the portal. I thought he may actually be sticking around which is why I am admitting I was wrong. Others were saying it was just coach speak and they were right.

Advertisement
This kid may not be as polished as some of the 4-5 stars out there but him and Judd have qualities many of those guys don't have. This guy is a leader who has the respect of some of the most talented skill guys in the Country. He has everything TVD was not. Ability to rally the troops when he needs a score to go with above average physical tools to work with. We're trying to flip him from NC State, not some tier 3 bible college. I say, take him and Judd, push the both of them and sort it out after they have competed and developed for 2 years. Then, you either have something or you process them. Where is the downside?

The downside to taking 2 raw 3* QBs under Mario’s track record of developing QBs?

Bruhhhhh. You don’t have to agree with the downside argument. But if you arent even capable of seeing it, you aren’t capable of having a discussion.

The downside to taking 2 raw 3* QBs under Mario’s track record of developing QBs?

Bruhhhhh. You don’t have to agree with the downside argument. But if you arent even capable of seeing it, you aren’t capable of having a discussion.
It's not Mario developing QB's, it is the Offensive Coordinator and QB coach. This is a different situation than Gattis last year or any of the knuckleheads at Oregon so I don't agree with any downside there.

I can't believe this makes no sense to you being where we are right now, having to beg (& probably bribe) the only healthy scholarship QB in the room to play the bowl game.

We can agree to disagree, it's all love. Go Canes

Never knew Mario watches film with the qbs and discusses foot placement and throwing motions.

Kid isn’t as raw as y’all say though. Kid can make ALL the throws and goes through progressions and makes reads. And when he is unsure he can create and redirect guys mid play, but also take off when needed. He will gain arm strength with S&C. People talk about mechanics, but most 6’6 and above QBs have long throwing motions because they have super long limbs. Not too worried about that. Raw players don’t throw for 90 TDs in two years! Crazy numbers! And don’t give me the two 5 star WRs excuse. He has to get them the ball no matter what. He will have talent like that here (once his time comes)

Advertisement
It's not Mario developing QB's, it is the Offensive Coordinator and QB coach. This is a different situation than Gattis last year or any of the knuckleheads at Oregon so I don't agree with any downside there.

I can't believe this makes no sense to you being where we are right now, having to beg (& probably bribe) the only healthy scholarship QB in the room to play the bowl game.

We can agree to disagree, it's all love. Go Canes

Right. Mario has just picked the wrong OC and QB coach his entire career?

Taking a bunch of 3* QBs will never make sense to me. Because it doesn’t make sense.

It’s not a path to success.

Kid isn’t as raw as y’all say though. Kid can make ALL the throws and goes through progressions and makes reads. And when he is unsure he can create and redirect guys mid play, but also take off when needed. He will gain arm strength with S&C. People talk about mechanics, but most 6’6 and above QBs have long throwing motions because they have super long limbs. Not too worried about that. Raw players don’t throw for 90 TDs in two years! Crazy numbers! And don’t give me the two 5 star WRs excuse. He has to get them the ball no matter what. He will have talent like that here (once his time comes)
"And don’t give me the two 5 star WRs excuse. He has to get them the ball no matter what." Facts if WRs were enough Rodermaker and Glenn wouldn't have knock FSU out the top 4.

Meh. I guess. At least this crosses off the list the rumor that the "nuclear level offensive commit" thats coming our way soon is a QB because I doubt we hotly pursue this kid if that was the case.

Dameon Jones HC at Chaminade coached Tyler Huntley Baltimore Ravens at Hallandale then he went on to Utah was very good there with Zach Moss who also went to Hallandale and Utah-

He told Larry Blustein last night on his show that CJ is better than Tyler at this point-

Advertisement
Dameon Jones HC at Chaminade coached Tyler Huntley Baltimore Ravens at Hallandale then he went on to Utah was very good there with Zach Moss who also went to Hallandale and Utah-

He told Larry Blustein last night on his show that CJ is better than Tyler at this point-

CJ has ALWAYS been a qb.

Tyler ran around and played back yard football.

CJ kind of is more advance and picks and chooses when to run, etc. He is still raw a bit considering the level of qb coaching he gets but he isnt really far behind.
I wish some of the s.fla qb guys like CJ would have spend bread from their soph year and fly out to real qb clinics etc.

Advertisement
If this dude IS gonna flip he should do it soon

Im sure the staff is lining them up to be impactful on the TL leading up to ESD

This is me owning my loss. I had a strange feeling, based on, well, nothing, that Mario would be stubborn and go out of his way to bring TVD back. I'm pleasantly surprised.
Will Ferrell Loser GIF

CJ has ALWAYS been a qb.

Tyler ran around and played back yard football.

CJ kind of is more advance and picks and chooses when to run, etc. He is still raw a bit considering the level of qb coaching he gets but he isnt really far behind.
I wish some of the s.fla qb guys like CJ would have spend bread from their soph year and fly out to real qb clinics etc.

Agree on the QB clinics for sure-How do you think he’ll do at the next level?

Of all the D-1 QB’s we produced down here over the years-I thought Geno Smith was the best followed by Teddy B.

Advertisement
Back