2024 Cedrick "CJ" Bailey 3* QB from Chaminade

I think having 5 QB on the roster isn’t to much and probably the route here.

Emory Williams RS FR (I thin)- 2 Career Starts
Judd FR- Develop
Bailey FR- Develop
Transfer QB - Older with experience
Transfer QB or JB - Don’t know here but I would imagine if JB transfer the bring in another as well
Think you are going to have a hard time getting 2 transfer QBs. They are transferring most likely to get playing time or exposure against P5 competition. Going to be hard to sell 2 guys on coming to Miami to compete and use their one time transfer. Also Emory lost his redshirt as he started 2 games and played in 3 in September in mop up duty. I guess he could try and get a medical redshirt down the road if needed.

Advertisement
Think you are going to have a hard time getting 2 transfer QBs. They are transferring most likely to get playing time or exposure against P5 competition. Going to be hard to sell 2 guys on coming to Miami to compete and use their one time transfer. Also Emory lost his redshirt as he started 2 games and played in 3 in September in mop up duty. I guess he could try and get a medical redshirt down the road if needed.
you arent getting a top tier transfer QB if theyre not starting. youre def not getting 2.

Bailey, Judd, Emory & 1 elite transfer.

Next year go all out and get a stud in the C/O 2025

I don’t think it’s has hard as people think. Ole Miss did it. Portal isnt high school recruiting either. If we don’t have a proven starter going into next year, getting two portal qbs won’t be as difficult. I also think you go with trying to get a veteran QB and maybe a younger guy that has some experience or highly touted. There will be plenty out there

Bailey, Judd, Emory & 1 elite transfer.

Next year go all out and get a stud in the C/O 2025
Exactly just need to hope the elite transfer stays healthy or Emory continues to grow because Judd/Bailey may develop into something but they are not guys who should be playing as true freshman if possible except agsinst a Bethune Cookman in mop up duty. Nickel in 2025 looks like he could be a good one.

Advertisement

facts!! I also wanna add that Mario runs an unattractive offense. There's 2 years of film at Miami with 4 different QBs and all 4 look awful in Mario's offense. That alone will scare all the top Qbs in the portal. We're only getting 1 guy out of the portal and we will likely overpay for a a QB thats not all that. Someone like Graham Mertz if we're lucky. If the Hurricanes do add a 2nd portal QB its a really bad one who has nowhere else to go. Somebody we hope never gets a snap

I don’t think it’s has hard as people think. Ole Miss did it. Portal isnt high school recruiting either. If we don’t have a proven starter going into next year, getting two portal qbs won’t be as difficult. I also think you go with trying to get a veteran QB and maybe a younger guy that has some experience or highly touted. There will be plenty out there

Ole Miss has Lane. That's not a good example to use for us. Lane runs an attractive offense, Mario is the complete opposite. Think about it this way if no WR wanted to come play for Mario in the last portal then that doesn't bold well for us in the QB department. I'm telling you a lot of the portal QBs are going to take a pass on Miami and go somewhere else cause they wanna succeed. Its going to be a tough sell just to land 1 good portal QB let alone 2

Advertisement
Ole Miss has Lane. That's not a good example to use for us. Lane runs an attractive offense, Mario is the complete opposite. Think about it this way if no WR wanted to come play for Mario in the last portal then that doesn't bold well for us in the QB department. I'm telling you a lot of the portal QBs are going to take a pass on Miami and go somewhere else cause they wanna succeed. Its going to be a tough sell just to land 1 good portal QB let alone 2
Bingo.

QB portaling will be reeeeeeeeal interesting. Do we end up with a game manager like Pratt because we foolishly zone in on him being a Miami guy, or because everyone else told us "yeah, no thanks"...

(Using him as an example, could apply to any bleh QB option).

We have to hit a home run on the portal QB, and that also goes for a few other key positions.

you arent getting a top tier transfer QB if theyre not starting. youre def not getting 2.

UL landed 2 4* transfers, Plumber (3*), after signing a 4* HS kid in 2023. We need 5 no matter how you get at it. Brown, Emory, Judd, Bailey, Portal, Juco, FCS...

An FCS or Juco kid with good numbers would likely accept the opportunity to play P5 with 2-3 years as starter. Brown may transfer. Bailey/Judd/Emory need a few years to improve before any become starters for a 10 win team.

Advertisement
Recruiting is like sales. There’s plenty to sell and Plenty of faults to rationalize.

Getting 1 will not be as hard as I think some may believe. There’s a lot of talent in the oline room and returning 2 WR that will be between 800-1000 yards is encouraging. As well a RB room. There’s games we can sell to QB and show the opportunity is there. Are we the number 1 destination, no. Plenty of guys will look at it and see:
- the above about returning players
- A team that has beat AM and Clemson
- A Team within 1 score against two top 10 teams.

More players will take that as an opportunity than dwell on the close losses to GT and NC State.

Brilliant move by the staff. Of course you offer this kid. He’s big (pause, I know), local, plays a position we sorely need, AND he has close ties to the #1 WR in the nation???

WTF am I missing here? **** yeah you offer him. What do you have to lose? Ok, so he portals out in 2 years - who gives a ****?

There are other 3 stars in the class that I’d be in favor of moving on from, but not him. The pros outweigh the cons by a mile.

Yall are always convinced that players look at shyyt from yall angles. Like yall said Mario cant recruit WRs because blah blah right? Now yall saying we wont get a portal QB because of bro style and blah blah.

What if the players look at all the QBs we had since Cristobal came here as either young like Emory and JB, or bums like TVD and Jake? Jake went to Mizzou, and what did he do there? Yall gonna blame Mario for that too?

Yall are all convinced they are gonna blame Cristobal.

It could well be that players look at it like that OR they could be like TVD is a bum and im better. When u as a QB see TVD being protected for 4,5,6 seconds and he throws it into triple coverage or lazer balls he should loft. Who u gonna blame for that? I dont buy none of this narrative that we are gonna struggle to get a good QB. We gonna pony up the benjamin and get a good player. Offense needs work, alot of it, like anything else but its not some 1950 archaic operation. Im highly critical of Cristobal, many things like stupid *** time outs, the speed of the game....which i do understand is reasoning and other things. But i dont see doom and gloom. I see improve these things and we could be cooking. So lets see.

Advertisement
I get the offer bc of the WRs…..but it feels late and has more than a hint of desperation being so late bc if they valued him, being a local kid, they would have been on him earlier.

I don’t mind the offer in a vacuum, if it can pay off with the teammates or as a developmental shot. I mind it bc we have no true #1 QB this year (2 risky projects) after taking a project the last 2 cycles in Emory and Jacurri (I dont get the Emory love so fire away if you wish). It’s the reason that QB room is bad right now with nobody ready to step in and consistently contribute. Even if you bring in a portal guy and he gets hurt, you’re left in the same situation as this season…..and that’s IF you can even score a good starting QB in the portal to begin with.

Bingo.

QB portaling will be reeeeeeeeal interesting. Do we end up with a game manager like Pratt because we foolishly zone in on him being a Miami guy, or because everyone else told us "yeah, no thanks"...

(Using him as an example, could apply to any bleh QB option).

We have to hit a home run on the portal QB, and that also goes for a few other key positions.
So a kid who's thrown for over 2k yards (9 yards per attempt), 19 TD's to 4 INT's, on just under 70% completion percentage is a 'game manager'? Your takes are typically horrendous but this one may just take the cake for your worst ever.

I like the fact that we are going after another QB. At this point, it can't hurt us. For those of you talking about 2025, dominoes have already begun to fall. I believe 6 out of the Top 10 QBs have already committed for 2025 so time is running short on pursuing an "elite" guy.

I still think we take our final swings with Lagway and Norland, although the on-the-field product is probably a tough sell at this point.

Advertisement
Back