2024 Cedrick "CJ" Bailey 3* QB from Chaminade

Zero problem with this offer. Stash him and develop him. We’re going portal anyway and it has to be a stud. If not, we’re effed again and Mario and his man **** can hit the road. No eat that jack wagon gets a fourth year after 3 straight **** seasons.

Advertisement
Bring him in… the QB room doesn’t look good now and probably going to be terrible going into spring with rumors of TVD & JB transferring. Add that Emory is recovering from the injury. We need the bodies.

Or you may have a freshman qb that just got injured and may have to sit next szn or want to....AND a possible upperclassmen may leave the room later.

It appears they originally told Judd he would be the only guy but that definately changed after seeing the qb room during the szn and was even a stupid decision then, another 1 was not grabbing a portal qb in the spring but heyyy....

Would rather them go 2 transfers and not have next years room be one transfer and 3 guys with less than 2 years of college between them. Would just be repeating the same mistake as last year with not bringing in an extra guy… so I guess 2 high school guys it is lol.

Advertisement
Would rather them go 2 transfers and not have next years room be one transfer and 3 guys with less than 2 years of college between them. Would just be repeating the same mistake as last year with not bringing in an extra guy… so I guess 2 high school guys it is lol.
Do you think they could sign two quality transfers with starting experience? I think we end up with one transfer starter. If you get a second, it’s someone who didn’t play much. Which is fine, if promise was shown in limited playing time. That’s better than no experience.

Advertisement
Do you think they could sign two quality transfers with starting experience? I think we end up with one transfer starter. If you get a second, it’s someone who didn’t play much. Which is fine, if promise was shown in limited playing time. That’s better than no experience.

What you laid out is what I’d prefer. A guy who’s a sophomore/junior with 2-3 years left as the 2nd guy, who’s flashed as a backup.

0 chance Miami gets 2 multi year starters to come in.

The Louisville offer is an underrated one considering how Brohm evaluates qb's
This! That UL offer stands out to me because I value what Brohm thinks when it comes to the QB position. Not saying he’s infallible however…. but the man knows what he’s looking for, at the position. I view his eye for QBs, like I look at Mario and Mirabal’s ayes gor OL. Of course my question is is this Brohm or Satterfield. If the offre still stands, then I’m good. I thought he should be offered anyways simply because of connections.

This offer is a political move. Not sure if it’ll be enough for a certain prospect to flip but Mario making it difficult for a few kids not to join the squad.

I have a mixed feelings about this offer. 2 projects at QB is too much even if we go to the portal. We’ll see.
If Emory can fully recover then it’s fine. Go get a legit starter in portal, pair that with Emory & two HS QBs…. I think this move also shows that Jacurri is 100% leaving.

Advertisement

Getting 2 transfer QBs will be very difficult. All of them will wanna go somewhere where they will start. Lane pulled I wanna say 2-3 last year but thats Lane. QBs won't be coming in droves to play for Mario. I'm hoping 1 big portal QB and 1 grad transfer portal but I feel like were only going get 1 out of the portal

If Emory can fully recover then it’s fine. Go get a legit starter in portal, pair that with Emory & two HS QBs…. I think this move also shows that Jacurri is 100% leaving.
I don’t think this move has much to do with Jacurri. I believe the plan was to take 2-3 QB’s (including portal) but I’m just speculating.

Attachments

• 71D7A15C-1BA0-469A-A59E-3A1F7C54D5EF.jpeg
    71D7A15C-1BA0-469A-A59E-3A1F7C54D5EF.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
The Canes should take a 49ers-esque approach to the QB position and bring in a hs qb and portal qb every year. If people transfer that's okay. They need to stick to their guiding principles of competition at each position and awareness that adversity generally breeds opportunity at that position. So taking 2, including the best QB in SoFla, plus 1-2 portal guys is okay. People are likely to transfer, and that's okay too. The position requires elite mental strength, decision-making, and poise, and we saw what happened this year when the coaches deviated from those principles.

Not to burst your bubble but…there is a lot of bust potential.
I don’t call 3 star kids “busts”, because are we really expecting anything substantial outta them? **** we’re talking like some of em will never take a snap, here. If one becomes a star… awesome, but I’m not expecting it. We’re all entitled to our opinions, but In my mind, a 3 star kid can’t “bust”. Soooo I would say, that QB room has a good deal of “boom” potential.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back