2024 Cedrick "CJ" Bailey 3* QB from Chaminade

Advertisement
Y’all got to chill .. if FSU offered today him y’all would be saying how smart they are and that we are dumb for not being strategic.
I think it’s a good move ! He might not ever take a snap at QB here anyway
No most would call it out as a desperation move.

Advertisement
Strategy move...I like it personally

I hate the timing of the offer. Bailey is a local kid. Meaning, if the staff were seriously considering him, they could have seen him throw 'live' at any of his HS games. Also, if the staff made the evaluation earlier, and, subsequently, offered Bailey earlier, they could have forced other programs to offer Bailey as well, to keep them in Smiths recruitment.

Offering Bailey now, while he have a QB already committed, and are seemingly losing ground in the Jeremiah Smith sweepstakes, comes off as desperate.

I hate the timing of the offer. Bailey is a local kid. Meaning, if the staff were seriously considering him, they could have seen him throw 'live' at any of his HS games. Also, if the staff made the evaluation earlier, and, subsequently, offered Bailey earlier, they could have forced other programs to offer Bailey as well, to keep them in Smiths recruitment.

Offering Bailey now, while he have a QB already committed, and are seemingly losing ground in the Jeremiah Smith sweepstakes, comes off as desperate.
Reading way too much into it. It’s not that complicated

Advertisement
Don’t mind the offer… the couple of games I saw he seemed very in control of his offense and is a winner.

Him, Judd, top tier QB (your starter) via the portal will take all the snaps in the spring until Emory is back.

Advertisement
I’m not as down on this kid as most.

Everything I’ve heard about it him is that he loves football and will be willing to put in the work. I bet if he was 225 everyone would have a different opinion.

Let’s see him in a college with diet/workout program

Advertisement
Miami is 11-12 in their last two seasons. Haven’t won 9+ games since buddy was in 6th grade. I get what we’re trying to be but this is a good offer for a good local kid. Even if it doesn’t pan out, if Luis Cristobal has a scholly then CJ should too.

Rather him be average here/never start over going to NC State and potentially being good.
This offer is a political move. Not sure if it’ll be enough for a certain prospect to flip but Mario making it difficult for a few kids not to join the squad.

I have a mixed feelings about this offer. 2 projects at QB is too much even if we go to the portal. We’ll see.

I was wondering when we would make a move for another 2024 QB. TVD is gone, prob grad transfer (just assumption) and maybe Jacurri is transferring. We need 2 freshman and a portal QB who can be the starter.

Advertisement
Back