2024 Cedrick "CJ" Bailey 3* QB from Chaminade

Advertisement
There is no such thing as a package deal. Smiff trying to get his boy a ship to Miami and still won’t pick Miami himself.

Mario doesn’t need to fall for this.
I agree. While the math looks simple I feel like even if Smith comes it's a headache later. Apparently we had a locker room that thought it wise to want Jake over Tyler.

18-22 year olds can't be trusted with personnel decisions and I have little doubt that a locker room may be more inclined to want Bailey over Emory. The opportunity for that shouldn't even be made possible regardless of that assumed payoff.

And even worse if it's what you say and Smith doesn't come anyway.

Judd and cj not p5 qbs, I wouldn’t take either one but if one can help u land a top recruit? Take that one but imo i don’t know how much that will help, so i say naw

How does Trevor Jackson compare to those two? Jackson to Ole Miss doesn't make sense to me.

Advertisement
While I don’t disagree with anything you said, I don’t think in the portal era we should care as much about the floor. If neither looks great, they won’t ever play here and we will have a portal guy playing instead. Now if he helps recruit certain other players that’s a different story. I’d take him over Judd right now anyway but not because he has a higher floor.
The floor comment was just saying that right now... CJ is the better prospect. This is their floor. Neither one, after they start with a college strength program, nutrition, and coaching, will be worse than what they are right now. They are at their floor, and IMO, CJ is the better QB. If they progress at the same rate, CJ will still be the better QB a few years down the road. Of course Mario and company gonna look in the portal. Neither will be ready to play for at least 2-3 years, if ever. My comment had nothing to do with either one getting on the field soon. The comment was merely talking about where they are, right now. Right now it doesn't look like either one will ever see the field here for meaningful snaps. They both have to get better before that happens.

Last edited:
Judd and cj not p5 qbs, I wouldn’t take either one but if one can help u land a top recruit? Take that one but imo i don’t know how much that will help, so i say naw
Yes, I agree .... right now. But to be fair, there are quite a few QBs running around in the NFL, that were thought of as not being good enough to be P5 QBs, outta high school. Which is why some had to go to G5 schools like TTech, Wyoming, or the MAC schools. They went and got better. So could these two. That being said, CJ is the better of the two.

The floor comment was just saying that right now... CJ is the better prospect. This is their floor. Neither one, after they start with a college strength program, nutrition, and coaching, will be worse than what they are right now. They are at their floor, and IMO, CJ is the better QB. If they progress at the same rate, CJ will still be the better QB a few years down the road. Of course Mario and company gonna look in the portal. Neither will be ready to play for at least 2-3 years, if ever. My comment had nothing to do with either one getting on the field soon. The comment was merely talking about where they are, right now. Right now it doesn't look like either one will ever see the field here for meaningful snaps. They both have to get better before that happens.
Yeah I don’t disagree

Advertisement
Bailey is going to have a lot harder time gaining weight than you guys think. Yes, anyone can eat a ton and gain Anthony Chick weight, but that's not the point. The kid is ectomorphically skinny and while he will definitely get stronger, he's always going to be slight. His ankles, wrists, and waist show it. You can't alter his bone structure. He's built sort of like Kevin Durant as a comparison. No matter what you do, people are always going to be calling the guy "slight or small". At the least, you want a guy that's tough enough to take a few hits. Jacory was tougher than people made him out to be and maybe this kid will be too.

Yes, I agree .... right now. But to be fair, there are quite a few QBs running around in the NFL, that were thought of as not being good enough to be P5 QBs, outta high school. Which is why some had to go to G5 schools like TTech, Wyoming, or the MAC schools. They went and got better. So could these two. That being said, CJ is the better of the two.
Yea i agree, qb is hard to evaluate but u usually can see the tools early on

Also i have been saying for a couple years we need to start taking flyers on florida qbs, there has been a bunch that have become good college starters and nfl qbs.

Yea i agree, qb is hard to evaluate but u usually can see the tools early on

Also i have been saying for a couple years we need to start taking flyers on florida qbs, there has been a bunch that have become good college starters and nfl qbs.
This!

Advertisement
CJ & Judd have lots of flaws.

CJ has arm strength but a ton of mechanical issues and he locks on to targets or runs if #1 is taken.
Judd has the talent but I'm not sure if he has the mental make-up. Lots of mistakes and a week-to-week roller coaster of performances.

No way we can take both.
I think you guys might be missing bigger picture here. #1 I would definitely have issues with this kid IF I didn't know better. #2 NEITHER of them will EVER play here as qbs atleast.

I think you guys might be missing bigger picture here. #1 I would definitely have issues with this kid IF I didn't know better. #2 NEITHER of them will EVER play here as qbs atleast.

If both aren’t good enough then why did we offer Judd? Was it just in case he took the step needed to play p5 ball.

If both aren’t good enough then why did we offer Judd? Was it just in case he took the step needed to play p5 ball.
Judd is **** near a carbon copy of Artur ****kowski in the fact that they both have some very good tools. In Arturo case it never transitioned to this level & he now coaches. In judds case no clue if he ever develops into the tools he possess or not. But he does have some VERY strong tools. Myself I can't see anyway **** ever be able to develope those tools here atleast on the field in games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back