2024 Cedrick "CJ" Bailey 3* QB from Chaminade

Can a 6’7 qb actually have good mechanics?
Idk sht about qb mechanics and I’m not saying that he’s a good qb.
But tall dudes look awkward doing almost anything not named basketball.

The way I see it is if he’s accurate, makes good decisions and has a strong arm why isn’t he not a good qb? Especially if he has good stats.
However, I totally understand the fact that he has one **** of a receiver group that likely covers up a lot of mistakes. But who here has seen a lot of his games to say he sucks?

Nc state can get some decent 3 star qb with better mechanics if they wanted to. It’s obvious they see something.
Mike glennon was not very good, but he was 6' 7" and had slick throwing mechanics.

Advertisement
This would be a surprising move for Dawson, who is on record as being a throwing mechanics geek and an admirer of technical ability as a QB. I’ve only seen Bailey a few times, but one thing I can guarantee is that he has a lot of technical work to do.
Agree with your take but would rather take a guy with numbers and some work to do versus a guy that looks the part and can’t play qb.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The thing is, whether it's Judd or Bailey, both will need to redshirt. And, neither is beating out Nickel (our '25 QB commit).

If Bailey gets us Smith, then it's a no-brainer.

Advertisement
CJ & Judd have lots of flaws.

CJ has arm strength but a ton of mechanical issues and he locks on to targets or runs if #1 is taken.
Judd has the talent but I'm not sure if he has the mental make-up. Lots of mistakes and a week-to-week roller coaster of performances.

No way we can take both.
Unless we taking a transfer

Agree with your take but would rather take a guy with numbers and some work to do versus a guy that looks the part and can’t play qb.
Lmao they both look the part though. CJ a lil thinner but weight is easy to gain for AF kids that may not have access to good eating and supplements. But CJ has the stats and can make every throw. Mechanics can be changed, in all sports.

Last edited:
Advertisement
CJ & Judd have lots of flaws.

CJ has arm strength but a ton of mechanical issues and he locks on to targets or runs if #1 is taken.
Judd has the talent but I'm not sure if he has the mental make-up. Lots of mistakes and a week-to-week roller coaster of performances.

No way we can take both.
Have to take CJ over Judd even though I don't see him ever starting here.

Listen... I'm a GA guy, born and raised. High School football coach in said state. In regular contact with one of the coaches on staff for Judd's current team. I know his former head coach, personally. Have watched film on both. I will say this..... giving the choice between the two, I'm taking CJ. Both have upside, but I think CJ's floor is higher. IDK if Judd can be an effective QB in big time college football. He looks the part and can make all of the throws.... but he throws too many INTs. Too much up and down with him.

[BGCOLOR=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Listen... I'm a GA guy, born and raised. High School football coach in said state. In regular contact with one of the coaches on staff for Judd's current team. I know his former head coach, personally. Have watched film on both. I will say this..... giving the choice between the two, I'm taking CJ. Both have upside, but I think CJ's floor is higher. IDK if Judd can be an effective QB in big time college football. He looks the part and can make all of the throws.... but he throws too many INTs. Too much up and down with him.[/BGCOLOR]

You definitely take CJ for the recruiting bump also. Even if it doesn’t pan out here, you develop him for a few years pack on the weight and he gets a chance elsewhere.

Listen... I'm a GA guy, born and raised. High School football coach in said state. In regular contact with one of the coaches on staff for Judd's current team. I know his former head coach, personally. Have watched film on both. I will say this..... giving the choice between the two, I'm taking CJ. Both have upside, but I think CJ's floor is higher. IDK if Judd can be an effective QB in big time college football. He looks the part and can make all of the throws.... but he throws too many INTs. Too much up and down with him.
While I don’t disagree with anything you said, I don’t think in the portal era we should care as much about the floor. If neither looks great, they won’t ever play here and we will have a portal guy playing instead. Now if he helps recruit certain other players that’s a different story. I’d take him over Judd right now anyway but not because he has a higher floor.

Advertisement
Back