2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

Advertisement
He told Canesville he from Boynton, which is like 5-10 mins from where i live in Lake Worth and he got a 561 tattoo. For some reason i think he is gonna commit to us. No insider information just listening to him. He has alot of similarities to Kevin Smith who played CFB where?......Orlando.

Mario is one calculating hombre.

@Maskoff407 Whats funny is Orlando Edgewater having two of their better players the last 2 years be from Boynton Beach (Baxter) and Richmond Heights (Miami) ( DeshawnTroutman)

Baxter might be the best back in the country looking at the tape. Kid kind of gives off Dalvin Cook vibes in his running style..

There's a back from Texas who would like a word with you. Reuben Owens, that's my top back by far.

Baxter is **** good, tops in FL IMO.

Advertisement
I've been trying to tell anyone who will listen. If we don't finish top 3 in recruiting this year I'd be surprised. A couple of kids have given indication they are going to pop soon. Full disclosure I'm not talking about Baxter but everyone here will be happy about them. Remember last week when I said let the games begin ha. That might've been an understatement...

South Florida kids?

There's a back from Texas who would like a word with you. Reuben Owens, that's my top back by far.

Baxter is **** good, tops in FL IMO
Lol, yeah I hear ya on Reuben I really like him too. But give me Baxter all day, his ceiling is through the roof. He is going to be an explosive bull in a china shop type kid. Easily 6'1 220 by the end of the 1st semester in a good college nutrition and weight program.

Advertisement
Lol, yeah I hear ya on Reuben I really like him too. But give me Baxter all day, his ceiling is through the roof. He is going to be an explosive bull in a china shop type kid. Easily 6'1 220 by the end of the 1st semester in a good college nutrition and weight program.
Hasn't he only played ball for 2 years too? Kid is still learning and is that good. I think he'll end up being the beat back in this class.

I don't know the order these are going to roll out but yes a few south Florida kids and a couple more non SFL kids. I know that's vague but all I can share at this point. Let's just say April through Legends Camp is going to be very exciting for us...
Love it!

We’re a ravenous bunch. Thanks for the intel!

You think another in March is probable?

Love it!

We’re a ravenous bunch. Thanks for the intel!

You think another in March is probable?

Yes I do and I believe it is a SFL kid. Just a matter of him deciding to really be an ambassador down here. Mario values the word commitment and if the kids have questions about it he doesn't want them announcing one. Miami is no longer a placeholder when you commit like prior regimes here.

Advertisement
Yes I do and I believe it is a SFL kid. Just a matter of him deciding to really be an ambassador down here. Mario values the word commitment and if the kids have questions about it he doesn't want them announcing one. Miami is no longer a placeholder when you commit like prior regimes here.
This sounds like Bain to me

Advertisement
Although Dias supposedly said the same thing last year (at least that was his initial excuse about why there were so few commits after earning the reputation of decommit U).

Although its hard to get kids to commit early when you don't even bother to contact them after they visit (ala Hicks).

Anybody got it?

Orlando (Fla.) Edgewater High School RB
Cedrick Baxter, Jr. took a two-day unofficial visit to Miami that wrapped up today.

A huge priority in this class, it’s certainly good news for the Canes that he told CaneSport late Friday afternoon that the time at Miami “was amazing.”
“Miami definitely gave me something to sit down and think about,” Baxter said.
He spent a lot of time with the coaching staff while at UM and says his takeaway is that “It’s a great staff all around, from position coaches to support staff.”
Miami’s hoping to get a return visit from Baxter, who is taking a bunch of unofficial visits this spring to figure out which programs will get official visits from him in the summer.
His goal is to take all his officials by the start of his season, if possible. His family is pushing for him to announce a decision before Game 1, but of course as a top recruit it could go all the way to signing day.
And it’s especially important UM get that return trip, because Baxter took this visit with a family friend since his father wasn’t able to come along. It was a nice moment, though, when Baxter and Cane coaches got on a FaceTime call with dad on Thursday. It was sort of the reverse of their normal calls when dad and son would be on one line with coaches on the opposite end.
“I was actually at work during the call,” Cedric, Sr. said. “I couldn’t go to Miami with him because I couldn’t get off work. I was trying to work and be in the conversation at the same time.”
icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-7f81eaad159f68dda2a1cb9e46f24b8969cc8ace21937f305991261fc7959215.svg

hhznqbcsepyeqowoumxa

NATL
ST
POS
CEDRIC
BAXTER

UNDECIDED
6'2" | 215 LBS | RB | 2023
EDGEWATER
ORLANDO, FL

When it comes to his Cane recruitment, new running backs coach Kevin Smith is no stranger to talking with Baxter and his family. He started recruiting the talented back more than a year ago when he was coaching at Mississippi. In another interesting twist, Mario Cristobal and his staff offered Baxter shortly before the coach left to take the Cane job.
As for Baxter’s visits? Well, he was at USC last week and is already planning a return visit there. Upcoming visits will be to Texas and Texas A&M before the month ends. And the family’s also setting up spring trips to Ohio State, Georgia, Florida State and Arkansas.
So where does Miami fit in?
While Cedric, Jr., isn’t listing anyone atop his list, dad offers this: “I know Miami is in his top, so we’ll see what happens. He has about six or seven in his top, Miami’s one of them. But I think right now for him, his top group everyone is even.”
CaneSport’s take
Cedric, Sr. is originally from South Florida and says “That’s still home.” Dad says he loves the bond he and his son have built with Kevin Smith. “It’s the Hurricanes, they produce backs,” Cedric, Sr. said. “There’s a lot of buzz around the program. And coach Smith, he’s great. He texts me every day.” So if dad has any say, certainly UM will be high up. And for his own part, Jr. loved his time on campus. So we would not be surprised if the Canes are right in this up until the end with a chance to win out.

Anybody got it?

I got u, hoss.

Orlando (Fla.) Edgewater High School RB Cedrick Baxter, Jr. took a two-day unofficial visit to Miami that wrapped up today.

A huge priority in this class, it’s certainly good news for the Canes that he told CaneSport late Friday afternoon that the time at Miami “was amazing.”

“Miami definitely gave me something to sit down and think about,” Baxter said.

He spent a lot of time with the coaching staff while at UM and says his takeaway is that “It’s a great staff all around, from position coaches to support staff.”

Miami’s hoping to get a return visit from Baxter, who is taking a bunch of unofficial visits this spring to figure out which programs will get official visits from him in the summer.

His goal is to take all his officials by the start of his season, if possible. His family is pushing for him to announce a decision before Game 1, but of course as a top recruit it could go all the way to signing day.

And it’s especially important UM get that return trip, because Baxter took this visit with a family friend since his father wasn’t able to come along. It was a nice moment, though, when Baxter and Cane coaches got on a FaceTime call with dad on Thursday. It was sort of the reverse of their normal calls when dad and son would be on one line with coaches on the opposite end.

“I was actually at work during the call,” Cedric, Sr. said. “I couldn’t go to Miami with him because I couldn’t get off work. I was trying to work and be in the conversation at the same time.”

When it comes to his Cane recruitment, new running backs coach Kevin Smith is no stranger to talking with Baxter and his family. He started recruiting the talented back more than a year ago when he was coaching at Mississippi. In another interesting twist, Mario Cristobal and his staff offered Baxter shortly before the coach left to take the Cane job.

As for Baxter’s visits? Well, he was at USC last week and is already planning a return visit there. Upcoming visits will be to Texas and Texas A&M before the month ends. And the family’s also setting up spring trips to Ohio State, Georgia, Florida State and Arkansas.

So where does Miami fit in?

While Cedric, Jr., isn’t listing anyone atop his list, dad offers this: “I know Miami is in his top, so we’ll see what happens. He has about six or seven in his top, Miami’s one of them. But I think right now for him, his top group everyone is even.”

---------------------
Cedric, Sr. is originally from South Florida and says “That’s still home.” Dad says he loves the bond he and his son have built with Kevin Smith. “It’s the Hurricanes, they produce backs,” Cedric, Sr. said. “There’s a lot of buzz around the program. And coach Smith, he’s great. He texts me every day.” So if dad has any say, certainly UM will be high up. And for his own part, Jr. loved his time on campus. So we would not be surprised if the Canes are right in this up until the end with a chance to win out.

Advertisement
Back