2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

Advertisement
C2366976-5603-413B-A92B-1D278374FB2F.jpeg

I don't care what rankings say... there's no RB in the state or country better than Baxter. That being said, I like Fletcher a lot. He's not a plan B. He's a plan A. Baxter just happens to be an A+ plan lol.

Advertisement
He keeps changing it up lol. At one point, I heard Stanford was the team to beat. But now, I'm hearing Alabama is giving him #1 RB priority. His fellow teammate and cousin, Christian Leary, plays for Bama too. So he's really down to Bama and FSU now.

Richard Young & Mark Fletcher seem to be the top 2 RB’s to begin with, but it’s still very very early in the recruiting process...

The 23 RB’s:
- Richard Young at Lehigh from Southwest FL
- CJ Baxter at Edgewater in Orlando (although he’s originally from South FL)
- Mark Fletcher at American Heritage from Broward
- Samuel Singleton at Fleming Island from Orange Park
- Treyaun Webb at Trinity Christian from Jacksonville
- Javan Simpkins at Norland from North Miami
- Sedrick Irvin Jr at Gully Prep from Coconut grove
- Kendrick Raphael at Naples from Naples
- Jaden Booker at Palmetto Ridge from Naples
- Joquez Smith at Jesuit from Tampa

Aside from Simpkins at Norland, none of these kids are at schools or from regions that have been historically Cane friendly, at least not in recent recruiting history. Young‘s HC is a former Nole that pushes his kids to FSU, but even with that said I don’t think FSU has a great shot with RY, but that could still be something to overcome for us just having a guy like Chaney attempting to cause subterfuge throughout the whole process.

Fletcher is currently at AH which is an anti-Cane hub in Broward, however it’s rumored he’s headed to Dillard pretty soon, so that should be good in our favor.

Baxter is in Orlando, Singleton is in Orange Park & Webb is up in Jacksonville, these regions have mainly been UF/FSU, SEC powerhouse territories, kids from these regions usually don’t come to Miami often, especially the high ranked ones.

Obviously, Miami has a recruiting monster in Mario, but Mastro will have his work cut out for him, no easy layups in this class for the 23 RB’s, it will take some real recruiting prowess to get one these high caliber backs, maybe Mario & McClendon will handle all the dirty work at this spot.
Baxter is originally from Boynton Beach. There’s a rumor that his dad is moving to Dade and he’ll play his Sr season down there.

Advertisement
Richard Young & Mark Fletcher seem to be the top 2 RB’s to begin with, but it’s still very very early in the recruiting process...

The 23 RB’s:
- Richard Young at Lehigh from Southwest FL
- CJ Baxter at Edgewater in Orlando (although he’s originally from South FL)
- Mark Fletcher at American Heritage from Broward
- Samuel Singleton at Fleming Island from Orange Park
- Treyaun Webb at Trinity Christian from Jacksonville
- Javan Simpkins at Norland from North Miami
- Sedrick Irvin Jr at Gully Prep from Coconut grove
- Kendrick Raphael at Naples from Naples
- Jaden Booker at Palmetto Ridge from Naples
- Joquez Smith at Jesuit from Tampa

Aside from Simpkins at Norland, none of these kids are at schools or from regions that have been historically Cane friendly, at least not in recent recruiting history. Young‘s HC is a former Nole that pushes his kids to FSU, but even with that said I don’t think FSU has a great shot with RY, but that could still be something to overcome for us just having a guy like Chaney attempting to cause subterfuge throughout the whole process.

Fletcher is currently at AH which is an anti-Cane hub in Broward, however it’s rumored he’s headed to Dillard pretty soon, so that should be good in our favor.

Baxter is in Orlando, Singleton is in Orange Park & Webb is up in Jacksonville, these regions have mainly been UF/FSU, SEC powerhouse territories, kids from these regions usually don’t come to Miami often, especially the high ranked ones.

Obviously, Miami has a recruiting monster in Mario, but Mastro will have his work cut out for him, no easy layups in this class for the 23 RB’s, it will take some real recruiting prowess to get one these high caliber backs, maybe Mario & McClendon will handle all the dirty work at this spot.
How do you rate the top 4, I think you already did this in a previous thread but I can’t find it at the moment. Also, I believe Mario will step outside the state here with no qualms about it. As stated by some already. SFLA kids are front runners, we can’t rely on them and we will need to go national before we are the it brand again and then those kids will follow.

Advertisement
Young and Baxter… it’s a race to who commits to Bama first at this point. The latter will be up for grabs for everyone else. OSU? Miami? Wouldn’t be shocked if Bama tries to get both.

There’s are others who are better than this kid and who are showing legit interest in the program. Don’t need to waste time with this kid

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back