CBS Projected Mock Draft

Advertisement
There are outliers.... then there’s 3/4 years of draft day results. The pattern is speaking.
I mean You have sound points, not saying it all. Even just looking at db guys like rayshawn jenkins, sheldrick redwine and Michael jackson we’re top 5 in terms of athleticism at their positions the years they came out and still went 4th and 5th round so that’s a point there. Hopefully Diaz gets multiple day1-2 picks next draft but it definitely won’t be this one

The defense is gimmicky. The numbers are cosmetic. The NFL sees it. We rarely face an offense with a pulse.

This isn’t a Miami offense vs defense argument. Diaz had four years to replace these small/slow players (according to you) and couldn’t/didn’t. He’s at the front end and the back end of the production line. There are no excuses. Diaz has been touting our MLB for four years. Now He’s asking another average 5 year guy to stick around because he hasn’t recruited or developed elite replacements (his approach/logic - because I love STA youngsters).

If Shaq goes past the third, it’s a total indictment of his scheme and player development. He was a four year starter. LB is supposed to be Diaz’s specialty. And it will be used against him on the trail.

Even Al Golden produced top 3 round talent.

Ok. Let’s use Shaq Quarterman as the example. Why is he rated as a day three selection? What are his perceived weaknesses? According to the scouts, he’s not particularly fast and is a bit stiff. In other words, he’s not a great athlete. In what type of defensive scheme would his speed and athletic ability increased? Shaq was incredibly productive and made multiple all conference teams. He’s just not that great of an athlete. There’s no “development” in the world that could make him all of the sudden run a 4.5 40.

I mean You have sound points, not saying it all. Even just looking at db guys like rayshawn jenkins, sheldrick redwine and Michael jackson we’re top 5 in terms of athleticism at their positions the years they came out and still went 4th and 5th round so that’s a point there. Hopefully Diaz gets multiple day1-2 picks next draft but it definitely won’t be this one
What is the reasoning behind those DBs getting drafted low? They were all productive in college. It’s not like there wasn’t a ton of film of those guys making plays. I could see if they played poorly in college but turned out to be great pros, you could say the scheme/staff at Miami was at fault but those guys were all playmakers here.

Advertisement
Dallas is not going 6-7. He helps in all phases of a game. He’s going to go somewhere in the fourth if I had to guess.

don’t think JT4 will get drafted

It’s absolutely recruiting. But don’t we know that we haven’t recruited at the level we need to?
We’ve recruited at a “win the coastal” level but we’re nowhere near the levels we were at when we were getting 1st round picks every year.

Let’s not forget another important factor. Miami’s reputation has fallen off over the last decade. If you look back at some of the draft classes in the mid 2000’s, there were mediocre guys getting picked in the first few rounds simply because Miami had the reputation for producing good pros. Leon Williams was a 3rd round draft choice if I remember correct. It’s been a long time since Miami has put out mega talent. The NFL isn’t drafting guys just because they had a U on their helmet anymore. The league loves guys from winning programs.

What is the reasoning behind those DBs getting drafted low? They were all productive in college. It’s not like there wasn’t a ton of film of those guys making plays. I could see if they played poorly in college but turned out to be great pros, you could say the scheme/staff at Miami was at fault but those guys were all playmakers here.
True, not entirely sure. Rayshawn Jenkins had a great season last year and his coach Anthony Lynn thinks he’s an elite safety and redwine showed a lot of flashes with the browns.

Advertisement
If Joe Jackson didn’t get drafted until the 5th, Garvin might not get drafted all. His career really wasn’t that good, average at best.
Jackson was the better player but garvin tested far better athletically. Garvin combine solidified him as a draft able day 3 guy. If he had a monster year we might be talking top 60 pick or so for garvin

Advertisement
the 11 months of delusion, discussion, and debae the goes on this board always gets summarized very quickly this time of year, the biggest part of Miamis problems are recruiting and talent, we have borderline group of 5 quality drafts

Ability to play well on Special Teams will be the decider for many of these guys. Who excelled at that (out of these draft hopefuls) at UM?

Ability to play well on Special Teams will be the decider for many of these guys. Who excelled at that (out of these draft hopefuls) at UM?
Deejay Dallas his freshman year. I remember his being all over the field. That’s it I think. I have always said this, if a young player stands out on special teams, you know there is something special about him.

Advertisement
If Joe Jackson didn’t get drafted until the 5th, Garvin might not get drafted all. His career really wasn’t that good, average at best.
Freshman and Soph Garvin is probably gone no later than 2nd round, last year his effort looked suspect and it hurt his production.

Advertisement
Back