CBS Projected Mock Draft

Recruits are going to look at the linebacker position in this trash *** scheme like Diaz bro You’re cool and all but Quarterman and Pinckney helped you birthed this defense at Miami, were the best two linebackers on your team for 4 years in a row and they went undrafted!? Why tf would I want to do that? 🤦‍♂️
Yeah but if McCloud and huff and brooks ball this year that won’t matter.

Advertisement
Shaq and Pinckney were good freshmen and sophomore year then just went downhill from there with an occasional good game from them. Sucks because I was telling my brother when Shaq signed with us that he was going to go top 2 rounds in the draft when the time comes.

Not sure if anyone peeped this, but the “experts” at CBS have only 4 of the 8 combine invitees being drafted, and the first not until the 5th round.

They have Garvin as the first Cane going 154th overall to Miami in the 5th

In a shocker, the next Cane selected is Jeff Thomas as the 177th overall in the 5th round to KC

Hill is the next Cane drafted in the 7th round at pick 242 to GB

The last Cane to be selected is...................
Dallas in the 7th round at pick 247 in NYG

Quarterman, Pinckney, Bandy, and Osborne are projected not to be drafted per their experts.

Thoughts?
I looked that as well, no way Thomas gets drafted and all of the other guys are undrafted.

The nfl doesn’t draft kids high off one play.
By the start of the third round they start drafting kids off potential for sure. Especially at one of the premium positions (QB, OT, DE, DT).

I'd be surprised if he made it to the third day.

Advertisement
Shaq and Pinckney were good freshmen and sophomore year then just went downhill from there with an occasional good game from them. Sucks because I was telling my brother when Shaq signed with us that he was going to go top 2 rounds in the draft when the time comes.
They are what they are. Shaq improved his game quite a bit. He was statistically elite in terms of production. Having 30 tackles for loss from the linebacker spots in 2 seasons is unreal which he did ln his junior and senior seasons. They just aren’t athletically what the league is looking for. At best shaq should go in the 3rd round but he won’t. Probably going in the 4th or 5th

Advertisement
I’m not sure most of these guys could be developed much more. I mean Shaq isn’t going to get faster, Bandy and Pinckney aren’t going to get bigger. Dallas does everything you could possibly ask of a running back. Garvin is probably the only one who’s still an unfinished product. 3 DL coaches in 3 seasons.
So then it's recruiting.

It’s 2020 and we have literally decades of data to base things on and you people still think a college “scheme” dictates where kids get drafted LMAO. Amazing. Are you big? Are you strong? Are you fast? Have you avoided beating women and being a locker room cancer? If all of those are “yes”, you’re going to be a high draft pick. What scheme you played in college means literally nothing.
Yup.
NFL guys are evaluating how you project in THEIR SCHEME anyway.

Can someone please explain this line of thinking? The scheme is designed to stop opposing offenses and for the most part, it’s been quite successful over the last 4 years. You want to blame the defense, and which has been, on average, a top 15 unit for players not getting drafted higher? If anything, I’d say the defense has made a bunch of average players look better than they really are. If these guys were superior athletes, they be getting picked higher. The reason why none of these guys are going to be drafted early is because they’re either slow, small or both.

The defense is gimmicky. The numbers are cosmetic. The NFL sees it. We rarely face an offense with a pulse.

This isn’t a Miami offense vs defense argument. Diaz had four years to replace these small/slow players (according to you) and couldn’t/didn’t. He’s at the front end and the back end of the production line. There are no excuses. Diaz has been touting our MLB for four years. Now He’s asking another average 5 year guy to stick around because he hasn’t recruited or developed elite replacements (his approach/logic - because I love STA youngsters).

If Shaq goes past the third, it’s a total indictment of his scheme and player development. He was a four year starter. LB is supposed to be Diaz’s specialty. And it will be used against him on the trail.

Even Al Golden produced top 3 round talent.

Advertisement
The defense is gimmicky. The numbers are cosmetic. The NFL sees it. We rarely face an offense with a pulse.

This isn’t a Miami offense vs defense argument. Diaz had four years to replace these small/slow players (according to you) and couldn’t/didn’t. He’s at the front end and the back end of the production line. There are no excuses. Diaz has been touting our MLB for four years. Now He’s asking another average 5 year guy to stick around because he hasn’t recruited or developed elite replacements (his approach/logic - because I love STA youngsters).

If Shaq goes past the third, it’s a total indictment of his scheme and player development. He was a four year starter. LB is supposed to be Diaz’s specialty. And it will be used against him on the trail.

Even Al Golden produced top 3 round talent.
Mack Wilson who has a former 5 star and played well at bama for 4 years ended up going round 5 last season it happens. Was bama scheme bad that made him drop to round 5 or was it used against him on the trail? You have to have supreme athleticism such as Devin White, Devin bush who both ran a 4.43 or so and then in this class with Isaiah Simmons and willie *** putting up freakish numbers to go really high in the draft. Seems like they are looking for supreme athleticism at this position especially in today’s game. Shaq is an average athlete at linebacker but for Some reason I think Pinckney is even worse in terms of overall athleticism compared to shaq, maybe his injuries factored into that but that’s my assumption

The LSU secondary just handled Clemson’s‘s WRs pretty well - and couldn’t cover THOMAS to save their lives on game day. Same for UFs secondary with first rounders on it.

The film doesn’t lie. The only thing that’s going to hold Thomas back is his perceived lack of mental toughness, and his verified lack of focus. He is a risk between the ears.

Mack Wilson who has a former 5 star and played well at bama for 4 years ended up going round 5 last season it happens. Was bama scheme bad that made him drop to round 5 or was it used against him on the trail? You have to have supreme athleticism such as Devin White, Devin bush who both ran a 4.43 or so and then in this class with Isaiah Simmons and willie *** putting up freakish numbers to go really high in the draft.

How many first rounders has Saban produced. Bruh. Stop.

Advertisement
The LSU secondary just handled Clemson’s‘s WRs pretty well - and couldn’t cover THOMAS to save their lives on game day. Same for UFs secondary with first rounders on it.

The film doesn’t lie. The only thing that’s going to hold Thomas back is his perceived lack of mental toughness, and his verified lack of focus. He is a risk between the ears.
if thomas had consistent production and no reported issues he would have been a top 100 draft selection easily for sure

Last edited:
How many first rounders has Saban produced. Bruh. Stop.
Nfl teams don’t care, they want what they want now adays Mack Wilson didn’t go high because he didn’t fit that mold. He shouldn’t have went that low either because he played very well last season In the nfl. a lot of teams be overthinking this sh^t, you can either play football or you can’t

if thomas had consistent productions and no reported issues he would have been a top 100 draft selection easily for sure

Agreed. Most of his lack of production issues come from having no quarterback to throw to him and/or an atrocious scheme x 2. On game day, against top NFL talent, he performed well.

Nfl teams don’t care, they want what they want now adays Mack Wilson didn’t go high because he didn’t fit that mold. He shouldn’t have went that low either because he played very well last season In the nfl. a lot of teams be overthinking this sh^t, you can either play football or you can’t

There are outliers.... then there’s 3/4 years of draft day results. The pattern is speaking.

Advertisement
Back