CBB corruption trial

That apology is enough for me.
Who is to say that Nassir Little and Immanuel Quickley would have committed to Miami if it wasn't for the FBI investigation? We will never know for sure.

F that. We were running on all cylinders with recruiting. The indictment hit and we got completely shut out. Fortunately L and staff salvaged this year with transfers.

Advertisement
The FBI should give us a make-up year where we can do whatever da fugg we want now. Like Larranaga can sell weapons to the Iranians and use that money to buy an entire recruiting class while also running blow from South America through the Bahamas just for fun and Ol' Chris Wray has to shrug his shoulders and say "Go Canes. My bad".

What is the point of this thread going on and on since summer... and kept resurrecting by someone. ... other motives??...

Delete it already..

F that. We were running on all cylinders with recruiting. The indictment hit and we got completely shut out. Fortunately L and staff salvaged this year with transfers.

That is somewhat true but Arizona did not shut down recruiting when the news hit. Nor did any other school. It was a choice of the coaching staff and the recruits. Due to the guys who immediately committed (Jalen Carey-Syracuse) and cancelled visits (Jules Bernard-UCLA) means guys are interested in Miami Hoops but they are not sold on the program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Granted it was the first game of the season but Nasir Little (UNC) and Immanuel Quickley (Kentucky) both came off the bench in their first college game. I think if they were at Miami, they would be starting. I could be wrong.

Yes but
Granted it was the first game of the season but Nasir Little (UNC) and Immanuel Quickley (Kentucky) both came off the bench in their first college game. I think if they were at Miami, they would be starting. I could be wrong.

Yes but look at the exposure they got, especially Quickley. Every NBA scout in the league watched that game last night.

Yes but

Yes but look at the exposure they got, especially Quickley. Every NBA scout in the league watched that game last night.

That is true. They watched him play 19 minutes and score 6 points. He made all 6 of his free throws and missed all 3 of his shots from the floor as he did not start. Cal started another freshman over him who reclassed and should be a high school senior after Cal told Quickley he would be the next one and done PG at Kentucky.
It is not about the school, it is about the talent of the player.

Advertisement
Lonnie Walker came off the bench the first few games last year.

Lonnie Walker came off the bench the first few games last year.

I didn't agree with that either but Coach L believes in his upperclassmen early to allow the freshman to adjust. I thought Lonnie should have started once he walked on campus. Of course, he has to confirm that notion in practice.

I didn't agree with that either but Coach L believes in his upperclassmen early to allow the freshman to adjust. I thought Lonnie should have started once he walked on campus. Of course, he has to confirm that notion in practice.
Agreed plus idk if he was completely healed from the injury in the offseason so they probably brought him along slow who knows tho.

Advertisement
Maybe it was the lingering effects of his pre-season injury, maybe it was that the slow pace of our offense didn't bring out the best in his skill set, but ... to me, Lonnie never came close to matching the hype that surrounded him coming out of HS. You could see great potential in him, but it never consistently translated to the court in his one season UM career.

Mark Emmert says today that the NCAA will definitely be using the information that came out at this Fall's corruption trial. And, that it could take a year to wrap it up and take appropriate action.

Mike Brey at ND said there's surprise in the coaching community that more action hasn't been taken by schools against those mentioned in the October trial. "As a profession, coaches look at it and say, 'Wow, that's interesting,' maybe there should be more ineligible guys," Brey said. "But I sense that is coming."

Advertisement
Back