CBB corruption trial

Advertisement
How about that Deandre Ayton? Takes $15,000 from Adidas as a HS Junior, and never speaks to them or plays for one of their teams ever again. MY MAN!!

What happened there?

Bowen's dad testified that they offered him $100k and a "lucrative" job. That ALONE is more than anything on us that has found its way into the legal system.

I'm also just generally very suspicious of the Creighton type of "small" programs that remain nationally relevant. Their motivation to throw around $ is probably greater than even most big time programs because the program is so vital to their identity and athletic dept cashflow.

Creighton always had a very good hoops program, going back 60 years and players like the great Boston Celtic Paul Silas, multi-sport HoF StL Cardinals pitcher Bob Gibson (great basketball player too), Benoit Benjamin, Miami's own Cyril Baptiste, Wally Anderzunas, Kyle Korver, Doug McDermott, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sally Jenkins wrote in today's WaPo that this "trial" in NYC is a joke. If the feds were serious, they'd have picked the most egregious case and brought RICO charges against the school. Racketeering. The idea that the schools involved (like Kansas) are the "victims," she says, is like saying "Carlo Gambino was the victim of his bag men."

Glad UM and Coach L are cleared, however, hate the unnecessary damage done to the program and to Coach's good name.

Advertisement
Somebody needs to explain to me how nobody even cares about these allegations (even if they are true), yet we lost an entire recruiting class over it when we did absolutely nothing wrong.

Advertisement
Seems miami May be cleared finally.
8B2762AC-E965-495F-ABCF-E6A6DB400330.jpeg

That apology is enough for me.
Who is to say that Nassir Little and Immanuel Quickley would have committed to Miami if it wasn't for the FBI investigation? We will never know for sure.

Advertisement
Back