CBB corruption trial

Advertisement
Agreed not a LOT about Miami, but we are mentioned in the linked ESPN article, to wit: " are accused of conspiring to influence players to sign with Adidas-sponsored schools Kansas, Louisville, Miami and NC State. " Seems the corruption per NCAA violations is pretty intense, wonder what the ultimate fallout will be for many mentioned programs and principals. Miami does seem to be on the outskirts, if at all. Still, not helpful at all.

This crap killed a full year of recruiting right when we had great momentum. Now it seems like a nothing burger for us.

Oregon is getting its share of bad publicity too.

About time to start looking at the effect of Nike’s money.

Advertisement
Coach L has been cleared , that’s all that matters. That’s why recruiting is picking back up , we’ll probably land multiple highly rated guys this class

Advertisement
I haven't seen that reported by any reputable source.

The only players connected to UM have been cleared , I have read that on multiple legit sources. Coach L’s agent also said L is in the clear.

Which makes sense with us just landing Wong a couple weeks ago and we’ll land the walker kid soon. That’s two very highly rated kids jumping on.

I hate both Nike and Adidas. I know Merl Code worked for both! Gatto, I guess, only blackened Adidas' door.

In hindsight, we should have gone with Under Armour like many other big time programs. Sometimes the quick buck isn't the best option.

I hate both Nike and Adidas. I know Merl Code worked for both! Gatto, I guess, only blackened Adidas' door.

In hindsight, we should have gone with Under Armour like many other big time programs. Sometimes the quick buck isn't the best option.
Meh...UA's apparel stuff overall is pretty good, but their shoes/basketball unis are sucky. I like what we've gotten so far with Adidas, FBI stuff aside.

Meh...UA's apparel stuff overall is pretty good, but their shoes/basketball unis are sucky. I like what we've gotten so far with Adidas, FBI stuff aside.
I get it. You like the stuff of a company that almost got our coach fired and set our progam back 10 years. I'd trade sucky uni's for no program-destroying issues created by our apparel company anyday.

Advertisement
I get it. You like the stuff of a company that almost got our coach fired and set our progam back 10 years. I'd trade sucky uni's for no program-destroying issues created by our apparel company anyday.
Look at it from the perspective of recruiting...regardless of the FBI stuff, kids want to go to Nike/Adidas schools moreso than UA. That's just a fact. ****...Puma might end up being a bigger threat to Nike/Adidas in basketball than UA is here in a few years.

This Nike/Adidas stuff as far as payoffs and such was created in the 80s/90s cultures of the sponsored camp circuits...just a different era, and they were the big players. It was built up and is being torn down now with the culture changing and the FBI actively working to change it, so that's a good thing. To boot - from most all reports, it looks like we're clean and Adidas didn't cost us anything...but that was a nice strawman you built up for yourself to beat on.

Have you seen the UA List of schools? I was pretty shocked to see who they had signed up. Many more schools and many more big names than I woulda thought. That said, I'm sure you're right about what most recruits want/believe.

Have you seen the UA List of schools? I was pretty shocked to see who they had signed up. Many more schools and many more big names than I woulda thought. That said, I'm sure you're right about what most recruits want/believe.
UA has some okay names in basketball, probably their strongest ones in terms of recent basketball success are Texas Tech, Cincy, S. Carolina, and Wisky. They have Cal, ND, UCLA, Utah, Auburn and a few others...but it still pales in comparison to what Nike/Adidas has.

Plus...back to your original point that we should have gone with UA - we're talking about going with UA in all sports. UA might have been superior to Adidas in one sport - Football...and that's debatable given what Adidas has done for us so far. The rest of our sports would have had mediocre equipment (especially shoes) had we gone with UA.

I know your point was driven by hating Nike/Adidas due to the system they had in place for pay-for-play...but that stuff is getting cleaned up. Signing with UA to avoid that stuff would have just short-changed our programs overall when it came to the product we were getting...not to mention the cash.

Advertisement
I'm not sure at all about Nike and Adidas changing how they do business. I suspect they believe their biggest crime was getting caught. Also Bowen, Sr was talking about getting thousands just to have his kid join Nike's Elite Youth Basketball League -- well before college recruiters even entered the picture.

Kinda funny how our name keeps getting thrown in these stories because if its national cache but if the effing media wanted a beyond easy cesspool to expose they could just start digging around Creighton.

Advertisement
Back