2024 CB Ellis Robinson IV

It's almost like every kid is different and prioritizes different things within programs they're considering. Wild concept.
Kids Str8 up loud when they said Miami has to win, they did that for years so fans wanted coaches that would win immediately. And those kids still wouldn’t have came look at fsu. They said that so the backlash from sfla could be directed at Miami and not the HS kids. It was smart on their part but I saw right through that sh. U need an elite people person who’s relentless and would do anything to get a kid to sign. Saban etc they are built that way

Advertisement
Tell that to Smith Blount and all the other high rated guys we bout to swipe. Oh did Scott know we went 7-5? Does Blount know fsu went 13-0? Oh but it’s not about records I forgot silly me

I was right for ages

Your welcome
D, I get your point. But let’s not act like record and wins are completely irrelevant in an effort to make your point.

Do you not feel like if Mario went 13-0 this year that he would have been able to land a better class than if he went 5-7 again?

D, I get your point. But let’s not act like record and wins are completely irrelevant in an effort to make your point.

Do you not feel like if Mario went 13-0 this year that he would have been able to land a better class than if he went 5-7 again?
I will disagree there I think the class would be similar. He targets who he targets and he lands them a lot of the times regardless of what’s happening on the field. Think he never gets Ellis he was always UGA and gave us a fair look. It wasn’t on field performance UGA is loaded with bags. We probably don’t get Stone either, we will win eventually and be ready in 25 trust me bruh trust me

I will disagree there I think the class would be similar. He targets who he targets and he lands them a lot of the times regardless of what’s happening on the field. Think he never gets Ellis he was always UGA and gave us a fair look. It wasn’t on field performance UGA is loaded with bags. We probably don’t get Stone either, we will win eventually and be ready in 25 trust me bruh trust me
Bro…

We are paying the suck tax right now. If we are a winning team that suck tax doesn’t exist. In turn, your bags stretch farther than they would for a team paying the suck tax. Mario would be able to fit more fish in his bucket if they took up less space in that bucket.

Bro…

We are paying the suck tax right now. If we are a winning team that suck tax doesn’t exist. In turn, your bags stretch farther than they would for a team paying the suck tax. Mario would be able to fit more fish in his bucket if they took up less space in that bucket.
I’ll agree to disagree and respect your point of view cause it’s a good one. But we won’t know till we know in 25.

Advertisement
Kids Str8 up loud when they said Miami has to win, they did that for years so fans wanted coaches that would win immediately. And those kids still wouldn’t have came look at fsu. They said that so the backlash from sfla could be directed at Miami and not the HS kids. It was smart on their part but I saw right through that sh. U need an elite people person who’s relentless and would do anything to get a kid to sign. Saban etc they are built that way
Urban Meyer was the one who showed me this **** with the way he got Elam that one year. Then when Harbaugh first got to Michigan, I realized how relentless you have to be. A grown man having a three hour phone conversation to get a kid not to decommit? Staying the night at a kid's and his family's house to make sure you get the commitment?

You have to be willing to get into the trenches to get kids.

I definitely think NIL has helped level the playing field for Miami because money was always something that got kids to disregard Miami after the NCAA decided that Miami (and to an extent all smaller and private schools) had to play by the rules, but their competition didn't.

Urban Meyer was the one who showed me this **** with the way he got Elam that one year. Then when Harbaugh first got to Michigan, I realized how relentless you have to be. A grown man having a three hour phone conversation to get a kid not to decommit? Staying the night at a kid's and his family's house to make sure you get the commitment?

You have to be willing to get into the trenches to get kids.

I definitely think NIL has helped level the playing field for Miami because money was always something that got kids to disregard Miami after the NCAA decided that Miami (and to an extent all smaller and private schools) had to play by the rules, but their competition didn't.
I think Miami was ready to play the bag game with Mario if there wasn’t NIL. They got embarrassed by the media and were done and took the cuffs off. They said **** the ncaa we will try for our fans now. I think they were mad and Mario interviewed Miami to make sure they were willing to go to the deep end

Advertisement
Leach would have failed anyway cause the talent spike was enormous and he wouldn’t be able to get the elites here. No matter wth the offense looked like, just watch today kids don’t give a f about those things. Don’t think he would have built those relationships imo. We were destined to fall from grace.
They also turned down Butch Davis after the NFL did not work out. They turned down Leach twice?

With Leach we would not be having the QB problems we are having today. He beat Miami with the once lowly WSU is a bowl game, would have done much better than the Shannon and Golden embarrassments. At least brought back a passing attack offense to what used to be Quarterback U. Look what QBs we used to have to zero in the NFL. How many great WRs and other players left from south Florida for other teams during that time. Enough players would have stuck around to have a better teams.

Leach had the top offences and passing attacks in the country breaking NCAA records with lesser teams full of three stars starting out at the bottom going to double digit wins. His passing and offensive background was impeccable. Look at his background.

Starting at BYU sitting in on film room sessions learning under LaVell Edwards with his pass-heavy offense with offensive coordinator Norm Chow, and quarterbacks Marc Wilson, Jim McMahon and Steve Young. Around the same time as we all know Miami was starting a pro style passing offense with coach Schnellenberger winning a NC.

Leach later joined Hal Mumme as QB/OC coach in a partnership that developed the air raid offence perfecting it at couple of small colleges with some of the top offenses in the country breaking records before going to Kentucky that had a dismal offence with QB Tim Couch and becoming the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft. Couch broke several SEC records throwing for over 8,000 yards and 73 TDs in two seasons including 4,275 in 1998, a record that Joe Burrow broke. Hal Mumme was also influenced by LaVell Edwards but was never the same after Leach left in 1998.

Leach then joined Bob Stoops at Oklahoma in 1999 as QB/OC tuning the 11th ranked offence in the Big 12 into to the first ranked offence in one year and winning a NC the following year but Leach had gone off to head coach at Texas Tech breaking all kinds of NCAA records with multiple QBs. Beating teams like Nebraska 70-10 and running up the offensive scores on almost every other team they played.

Look at all the coaches that learned under him that are head coaches in college today with the Air Raid offenses. Almost all of them.

Not saying he would have won a NC but at least in the playoffs or close to it. Still got to have a o-line first and d-line team like Mario is trying to build to win a NC like Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State and the rest.

They also turned down Butch Davis after the NFL did not work out. They turned down Leach twice?

With Leach we would not be having the QB problems we are having today. He beat Miami with the once lowly WSU is a bowl game, would have done much better than the Shannon and Golden embarrassments. At least brought back a passing attack offense to what used to be Quarterback U. Look what QBs we used to have to zero in the NFL. How many great WRs and other players left from south Florida for other teams during that time. Enough players would have stuck around to have a better teams.

Leach had the top offences and passing attacks in the country breaking NCAA records with lesser teams full of three stars starting out at the bottom going to double digit wins. His passing and offensive background was impeccable. Look at his background.

Starting at BYU sitting in on film room sessions learning under LaVell Edwards with his pass-heavy offense with offensive coordinator Norm Chow, and quarterbacks Marc Wilson, Jim McMahon and Steve Young. Around the same time as we all know Miami was starting a pro style passing offense with coach Schnellenberger winning a NC.

Leach later joined Hal Mumme as QB/OC coach in a partnership that developed the air raid offence perfecting it at couple of small colleges with some of the top offenses in the country breaking records before going to Kentucky that had a dismal offence with QB Tim Couch and becoming the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft. Couch broke several SEC records throwing for over 8,000 yards and 73 TDs in two seasons including 4,275 in 1998, a record that Joe Burrow broke. Hal Mumme was also influenced by LaVell Edwards but was never the same after Leach left in 1998.

Leach then joined Bob Stoops at Oklahoma in 1999 as QB/OC tuning the 11th ranked offence in the Big 12 into to the first ranked offence in one year and winning a NC the following year but Leach had gone off to head coach at Texas Tech breaking all kinds of NCAA records with multiple QBs. Beating teams like Nebraska 70-10 and running up the offensive scores on almost every other team they played.

Look at all the coaches that learned under him that are head coaches in college today with the Air Raid offenses. Almost all of them.

Not saying he would have won a NC but at least in the playoffs or close to it. Still got to have a o-line first and d-line team like Mario is trying to build to win a NC like Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State and the rest.
Unpopular opinion, but I think Leech would've been a great coach for us, Our team would've been exciting and the press conferences would've been legendary.

The only coach of the last 20 years that was my number one pick was Golden and who could've guessed he was gonna be more loyal to his BFF than his own neck. Golden is one of the stranger missteps we've suffered under.

But the coaches who should've been hired during our swoon and were told to kick rocks: Mullen, Leech, Butch and some others I'm forgetting, but those guys would've outperformed each of the guys who were hired instead.

The biggest ***** up of them all was Butch. The egos and hurt feelings of some BOT stopped us from hiring him twice. There is no doubt in my mind that he would've rebuilt us. Oh well, there's a version of me in an alternate universe that didn't have to suffer through all of these terrible hires...

Unpopular opinion, but I think Leech would've been a great coach for us, Our team would've been exciting and the press conferences would've been legendary.

The only coach of the last 20 years that was my number one pick was Golden and who could've guessed he was gonna be more loyal to his BFF than his own neck. Golden is one of the stranger missteps we've suffered under.

But the coaches who should've been hired during our swoon and were told to kick rocks: Mullen, Leech, Butch and some others I'm forgetting, but those guys would've outperformed each of the guys who were hired instead.

The biggest ***** up of them all was Butch. The egos and hurt feelings of some BOT stopped us from hiring him twice. There is no doubt in my mind that he would've rebuilt us. Oh well, there's a version of me in an alternate universe that didn't have to suffer through all of these terrible hires...
You are right on. Those would be opinions without any facts to back them up. Sounds like bullhurt feelings from a bunch of amateurs after ****ing him around on his contract.

Butch already proved himself by bringing the team from historic levied sanctions, almost a death sentence to building college football's best team off all time. Three of his assistants went on to become head coaches in the NFL let alone all of the many all pro NFL players and the multiple NFL Hall of Famers.

Butch did not cause any sanctions while he was coaching at UM like the coach before and the coach after him. His experience under the coaches he learned under was impeccable by help building those great Miami 80s NC teams to a Super Bowl winning defensive coordinator. Part of three Super Bowl winning teams that started at the very bottom. All of those teams had great defenses. Some of the best.

Instead they hired the guy who worked under the guy they fired whose job before was a linebacker coach that came into the pre built best team of all time. Then ran it into the ground. Not only great players but a great national champion winning culture on and off the field.

Leach would have killed it at Miami. Just look at his offensive background. No one had built the offensive passing teams he had with mostly 3 stars and building from the ground up multiple times. The best QBs and WRs would still be lining up to come play at UM instead of getting scrapes from our own backyard because the useless administration's massive hole they put the football team in for the next guy to have to clean up.

A trip down nightmare lane.

Nailed it

Advertisement
He wanted to play for a winner. He told everyone he wanted to. 7-5 wasn’t good enough for him. Can’t buy everyone we gotta eventually show kids we’re not a third rate ACC team.

Nailed it
I don’t understand how people can’t see it it’s so obvious when u take the googles off. But people always want to point the finger at the people in charge cause apparently the players are “untouchable” dog with that sh. They ain’t fooling me I grew up in the northeast u ain’t fooling me man.

They give the players credit when the team wins rightfully so but when things go bad it’s the guys playing too. That’s how I see it. Cfb coaches jobs are to bring in the best and that’s how u win and build a sustainable winner. And u know when u hire someone if they can’t bring elites here they will be fired eventually.

He wanted to play for a winner. He told everyone he wanted to. 7-5 wasn’t good enough for him. Can’t buy everyone we gotta eventually show kids we’re not a third rate ACC team.
I think you’re both right personally. D is correct the wins thing is way overplayed…but there is definitely guys out there that never even gave us a chance because we stink

And there will be guys at the end that make the choice like Smith

Advertisement
You've always maintained that the right guy would come in and start crooting instantly. That's pretty much what Mario has done. For me, the next step is developing them into loads of draft picks. Miami is Miami when we have 4 to 6 1st rounders regularly.

I think you’re both right personally. D is correct the wins thing is way overplayed…but there is definitely guys out there that never even gave us a chance because we stink

And there will be guys at the end that make the choice like Smith
I'd say Wins play a larger role for National Recruits. For local recruits, Wins are probably not as important.

I'd say Wins play a larger role for National Recruits. For local recruits, Wins are probably not as important.
Yeah when you get national attention and it’s Miami then people will want to come see what it’s all about. That’s when Mario can close the deal so yeah I see what you mean

You've always maintained that the right guy would come in and start crooting instantly. That's pretty much what Mario has done. For me, the next step is developing them into loads of draft picks. Miami is Miami when we have 4 to 6 1st rounders regularly.
You saw last season even the ordinary players like Flagg played the best they can ever play. That to me is development

Advertisement
Back