2024 CB Ellis Robinson IV

Lol, bro, I’ve seen u become a rabid fan lately, & I love it; however, this is just not true. The fact is our players did better in the pros vs. here from approx. 2010 - present b/c of just that. Whether that was playing a guy out of position, having a player add on too much weight, putting a player in a scheme that didn’t fit, etc. We had issues, bro, & u saw it w/ ur own eyes.

The University of Miami have not recruited at the tier 1 levels of a Bama, LSU, UGA, & recently Clemson, but we’ve been on that tier 2 level. The difference between our tier 2 recruiting vs. teams that have had way more success than us recruiting at a tier 3 level is simply due to our culture or lack of investment.

1. In 2006, we hired an inexperienced coach who was apart of a failed regime b/c he played here & was a successful DC. When we made that hire, there was a guy in Miami, miserable af in the NFL, 3 yrs removed from a Nat’l Title in Nick Saban. Alabama hired him in 2007, but the same off season. We went the cheap, lazy route. For an extra, approx. $2.7m/yr, we could’ve had Saban. Looking at how much revenue Saban has brought in to the Alabama from that $2.7m investment:

-Alabama saw an increase of roughly 40% in student applications, and an 82% revenue increase in tuition revenue.
-Alabama athletics consistently operates in the black, profiting across all NCAA sports due to the absurd amount of revenue the football program brings in annually.

That was a huge domino effect that created a major paradigm shift.

We stopped investing, bruh. We kept relying upon the history of “The U”, while other programs became ultra aggressive in re-investing in their programs from top to bottom. You wanna know why 5* player A goes to bum fck USA? B/c Bum Fck USA has the best in nutrition, equipment, facilities, student athlete living, atmosphere, and development. We just kept saying, come to the U and be the next Ray Lewis, Mike Irvin(g), and players of the past.

It had nothing to do w/ teams being “jealous” our history. Our history was a 20 year microwave, and we didn’t turn that microwave into a sustainable oven. The OG blue bloods kept moving fwd while we remained stiff.

would Saban have taken the gig here? I guess []__[]could have broken the bank for him at the time, but for some reason I'm not sure he wanted to stay in S. Florida.

Advertisement
would Saban have taken the gig here? I guess []__[]could have broken the bank for him at the time, but for some reason I'm not sure he wanted to stay in S. Florida.

Great ?, a ? we’ll never know b/c we did zero coaching search and went straight in-house. Saban lives on Jupiter Island as we speak and has car dealership in So Fla. Lol. Bro loves So Fla. lol.

Rumph was plenty good for us....If he doesn't jump that route vs BC in 2001, where the ball careened off his leg into Walter's hands, we probably lose that game.
Oh yeah I’m well aware. That 01 teams legacy would’ve been tarnished without him jumping that route.

The game should’ve never been that close to begin with but he initiated that play then Reed finished it.

Great ?, a ? we’ll never know b/c we did zero coaching search and went straight in-house. Saban lives on Jupiter Island as we speak and has car dealership in So Fla. Lol. Bro loves So Fla. lol.
This is some weird revisionist history. There was no way at the time we could have afforded Saban, and even if we could, in the pre NIL days it's not like we an unlimited salary cap for players like Bama. The best we could do was covert boat trips and steak dinners that we got nailed for anyway, so explain to me how we possibly could convinced Saban to come to UM?

Advertisement
This thread turned depressing af. Not only is the list of good CBs here in the last 20 years awful, but we also aren’t landing the subject of this thread. Another elite CB:

Swing Miss GIF by MOODMAN

His dad coached here and he learned a lot from our teams back in the day. You'd think he may have wanted to fulfill his dad's legacy on some level but it never turned out that way.

Either way I think we ended up with a sustainable long-term solution moving forward.

This is some weird revisionist history. There was no way at the time we could have afforded Saban, and even if we could, in the pre NIL days it's not like we an unlimited salary cap for players like Bama. The best we could do was covert boat trips and steak dinners that we got nailed for anyway, so explain to me how we possibly could convinced Saban to come to UM?

It’s not “revisionist history.” Lol.

If u actually followed the thread vs. jumping to conclusions w/o understanding context, u would’ve seen that I mentioned previously that we went cheap on everything including hiring coaches. We stop investing in the program, we did absolutely ZERO coaching search after the 2006 season, and was quite fine w/ the status quo.

Fck Nick Saban, my ninja; do u know what HC were available during this period?

-Brian Kelly (coming from Central Michigan)
-Jim Harbaugh (coming from UCSD)
-Butch Davis (coming from the NFL)
-Mark Dantonio (coming from Cincy)

All of them were in the price range we were looking for, & we said nahhhhh, let’s just hire from w/in. We’ve done the same dumb chit in baseball, too, so stop acting like what I’m saying is some revisionist history, when anyone associated w/ this program have seen us literally stop caring about sports. We had plenty of resources for other ventures during this period, ventures that were helped by the success of the football program, but for w/e reason the monies weren’t there to continue the momentum.

His dad coached here and he learned a lot from our teams back in the day. You'd think he may have wanted to fulfill his dad's legacy on some level but it never turned out that way.

Either way I think we ended up with a sustainable long-term solution moving forward.
His Dad????....Lou Saban was no relation to Nick....

Advertisement

If u actually followed the thread vs. jumping to conclusions w/o understanding context, u would’ve seen that I mentioned previously that we went cheap on everything including hiring coaches. We stop investing in the program, we did absolutely ZERO coaching search after the 2006 season, and was quite fine w/ the status quo.

All of them were in the price range we were looking for, & we said nahhhhh, let’s just hire from w/in. We’ve done the same dumb chit in baseball, too, so stop acting like what I’m saying is some revisionist history, when anyone associated w/ this program have seen us literally stop caring about sports. We had plenty of resources for other ventures during this period, ventures that were helped by the success of the football program, but for w/e reason the monies weren’t there to continue the momentum.
I'm not disagreeing that we were lazy and cheap at that point, just also pointing out it was unlikely we would have landed any of those guys except Butch, and that would not have gone the way any of us would hope.

You knew we were cooked when they asked the players who should we hire. If you have to ask players who have relationships on the staff their opinion of the hire you are fked.

Advertisement
I'm not disagreeing that we were lazy and cheap at that point, just also pointing out it was unlikely we would have landed any of those guys except Butch, and that would not have gone the way any of us would hope.

My biggest gripe is the zero coaching search. We were still only a couple years removed from greatness. All those guys were paid either below or around Randy Shannon. Nick may not have come, but we will never know b/c we never tried. ****, Coker thought he was still the coach after finishing the season strong, & found out late he was being let go.

That 2006-7 off season completely changed the power shift and we’ve never recovered. So hopefully now, it will be all amended, but there was zero reason for it to get this bad. ****, even other programs that through lean years like Bama (prior to Saban), USC, Texas, ND all at some point won a NY6 bowl and 10+ games during those lean years. What we’re witnessing is on some real twilight zone level buffoonery.

Artie burns
Corn elder
Mike jack
Ladarius gunther
Dee delaney
Tyrique Stevenson

All good corners. Its ok to be good LOL. They arent great.

No offense to @ Brock but he always look at players he’s seen as great. Wanna know what greatness is? Learn your history.

Cat tried to tell us shaq quarterman was a great LB and better than Denzel perryman. He dont know any better lol

Now back to this flip of Ellis Robinson.

Advertisement
My biggest gripe is the zero coaching search. We were still only a couple years removed from greatness. All those guys were paid either below or around Randy Shannon. Nick may not have come, but we will never know b/c we never tried. ****, Coker thought he was still the coach after finishing the season strong, & found out late he was being let go.

That 2006-7 off season completely changed the power shift and we’ve never recovered. So hopefully now, it will be all amended, but there was zero reason for it to get this bad. ****, even other programs that through lean years like Bama (prior to Saban), USC, Texas, ND all at some point won a NY6 bowl and 10+ games during those lean years. What we’re witnessing is on some real twilight zone level buffoonery.
Sh I don’t get why other teams don’t do more of what UsC did. Every program that has that vacancy should just try to hire Saban lol. That’s what I would have did. I didn’t know enough back then I had just gotten into cfb, Randy being hired I thought was good. But taking names off the jerseys and sh like that was stupid asf. We should of just hired Saban

Sh I don’t get why other teams don’t do more of what UsC did. Every program that has that vacancy should just try to hire Saban lol. That’s what I would have did. I didn’t know enough back then I had just gotten into cfb, Randy being hired I thought was good. But taking names off the jerseys and sh like that was stupid asf. We should of just hired Saban
Realistically, Gary Patterson would have probably been the best hire considering he wanted the job. Then Leach came along. There were coaches that wanted the job. We just shunned them.

Realistically, Gary Patterson would have probably been the best hire considering he wanted the job. Then Leach came along. There were coaches that wanted the job. We just shunned them.
Would still take Saban over them he gets the best and then they go on to the nfl make millions and everyone remembers where they came from. I like the notoriety you get by sending monsters to the league. To me that’s important, I remember Tom Brady always talking about the canes in the nfl.

Advertisement
Back