2024 CB Ellis Robinson IV

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Trell was our last Great CB....But PBuch was just a notch better.
Trelle was better than Phil. Philip was faster but trelle was bigger and more physical. Trelle also was big for a corner which is why he moved to safety in the league. Man I miss those days over us beating the **** outta teams. It seems like a lifetime ago.

Very good player, just a notch below the guys I mentioned imo. Should’ve stayed senior year
Your advice to first rounders is to return to school?

Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Your advice to first rounders is to return to school?

Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live
Do you know the life changing amount of money difference between being the #25 pick vs being a top 10 pick? You know that used to be the norm and still is for a lot of guys to return to school with a late first round grade.

Yea they did. I remember people would use him as to say our players did better in the pros cause of him and jimmy graham. I’m like bruh that’s not the case that was an enigma and people road that excuse that it was the culture. I’m like nah we just not getting the best players anymore. Cfb teams were jealous of our history and started identifying and uses $$$ to create what we started.

Lol, bro, I’ve seen u become a rabid fan lately, & I love it; however, this is just not true. The fact is our players did better in the pros vs. here from approx. 2010 - present b/c of just that. Whether that was playing a guy out of position, having a player add on too much weight, putting a player in a scheme that didn’t fit, etc. We had issues, bro, & u saw it w/ ur own eyes.

The University of Miami have not recruited at the tier 1 levels of a Bama, LSU, UGA, & recently Clemson, but we’ve been on that tier 2 level. The difference between our tier 2 recruiting vs. teams that have had way more success than us recruiting at a tier 3 level is simply due to our culture or lack of investment.

1. In 2006, we hired an inexperienced coach who was apart of a failed regime b/c he played here & was a successful DC. When we made that hire, there was a guy in Miami, miserable af in the NFL, 3 yrs removed from a Nat’l Title in Nick Saban. Alabama hired him in 2007, but the same off season. We went the cheap, lazy route. For an extra, approx. $2.7m/yr, we could’ve had Saban. Looking at how much revenue Saban has brought in to the Alabama from that $2.7m investment:

-Alabama saw an increase of roughly 40% in student applications, and an 82% revenue increase in tuition revenue.
-Alabama athletics consistently operates in the black, profiting across all NCAA sports due to the absurd amount of revenue the football program brings in annually.

That was a huge domino effect that created a major paradigm shift.

We stopped investing, bruh. We kept relying upon the history of “The U”, while other programs became ultra aggressive in re-investing in their programs from top to bottom. You wanna know why 5* player A goes to bum fck USA? B/c Bum Fck USA has the best in nutrition, equipment, facilities, student athlete living, atmosphere, and development. We just kept saying, come to the U and be the next Ray Lewis, Mike Irvin(g), and players of the past.

It had nothing to do w/ teams being “jealous” our history. Our history was a 20 year microwave, and we didn’t turn that microwave into a sustainable oven. The OG blue bloods kept moving fwd while we remained stiff.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do you know the life changing amount of money difference between being the #25 pick vs being a top 10 pick? You know that used to be the norm and still is for a lot of guys to return to school with a late first round grade.
Since 1958, there have been 62 DBs (including safeties) drafted in the top 10. That’s less than 1 per year. Burns left prior to NIL and at a time (prior to NIL) when the sentiment was “if you’re a first rounder you go to the league”. Stop with “do you know how much a top 10 pick makes”. Burns wasn’t going top 10. And he wasn’t going to risk a major injury.

Since 1958, there have been 62 DBs (including safeties) drafted in the top 10. That’s less than 1 per year. Burns left prior to NIL and at a time (prior to NIL) when the sentiment was “if you’re a first rounder you go to the league”. Stop with “do you know how much a top 10 pick makes”. Burns wasn’t going top 10. And he wasn’t going to risk a major injury.
And his Mother had just died and he got custody of his little brother if i remember correctly. Kinda needed to leave for the money.

Lol, bro, I’ve seen u become a rabid fan lately, & I love it; however, this is just not true. The fact is our players did better in the pros vs. here from approx. 2010 - present b/c of just that. Whether that was playing a guy out of position, having a player add on too much weight, putting a player in a scheme that didn’t fit, etc. We had issues, bro, & u saw it w/ ur own eyes.

The University of Miami have not recruited at the tier 1 levels of a Bama, LSU, UGA, & recently Clemson, but we’ve been on that tier 2 level. The difference between our tier 2 recruiting vs. teams that have had way more success than us recruiting at a tier 3 level is simply due to our culture or lack of investment.

1. In 2006, we hired an inexperienced coach who was apart of a failed regime b/c he played here & was a successful DC. When we made that hire, there was a guy in Miami, miserable af in the NFL, 3 yrs removed from a Nat’l Title in Nick Saban. Alabama hired him in 2007, but the same off season. We went the cheap, lazy route. For an extra, approx. $2.7m/yr, we could’ve had Saban. Looking at how much revenue Saban has brought in to the Alabama, that $2.7m investment:

-Alabama saw an increase of roughly 40% in student applications, and an 82% revenue increase in tuition revenue.
-Alabama athletics consistently operates in the black, profiting across all NCAA sports due to the absurd amount of revenue the football program brings in annually.

That was a huge domino effect that created a major paradigm shift.

We stopped investing, bruh. We kept relying upon the history of “The U”, while other programs became ultra aggressive in re-investing in their programs from top to bottom. You wanna know why 5* player A goes to bum fck USA? B/c Bum Fck USA has the best in nutrition, equipment, facilities, student athlete living, atmosphere, and development. We just kept saying, come to the U and be the next Ray Lewis, Mike Irvin(g), and players of the past.

It had nothing to do w/ teams being “jealous” our history. Our history was a 20 year microwave, and we didn’t turn that microwave into a sustainable oven. The OG blue bloods kept moving fwd while we remained stiff.
This is true we did not invest either at all. I never understood how we sat on a gold mine and let it burn. That’s what ****ed me off as well that’s why I was always complaining. I didn’t tie culture to investment but yea that is part of it as well I agree. Donna did that she pocketed that sh

Advertisement
He left too early and everyone knew it because he needed the money. He had the talent to be much higher than the #25 pick

This is true we did not invest either at all. I never understood how we sat on a gold mine and let it burn. That’s what ****ed me off as well that’s why I was always complaining. I didn’t tie culture to investment but yea that is part of it as well I agree. Donna did that she pocketed that sh

Yeah, as a fan, alum, anyone who have supported this University in any capacity, it’s mind numbingly frustrating. I still recall Golden having to beg for something as simple as training tables circa 2012! While schools like Oregon, Bama, OSU, etc. were remodeling their indoor facilities, we were trying to get training tables.

We were legit the kings of CFB and our admin said fck that, let’s continue to operate as a peasant. It’s quite extraordinary, actually. Nepotism, Cronyism, complacency, all eroded our fabric. Hopefully that nightmare will be over.

Advertisement
Back