2024 CB Ellis Robinson IV

Kenny Phillips was an elite corner?
Season 4 Safety GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Kenny was a safety. Antrel was a safety playing corner. The last great true corner we had was Pbuch. Shields, like Jimmy Graham doesn’t count.

Before them, probably Ryan McNeil. It’s truly amazing how average we have been there while FSU and UF have been very good over the years.

Sam wasn’t good here, which is y he was a UDFA. He started as a WR before switching to CB his final season. He should’ve been a CB from the jump. He had a decent final year, & became the team’s most improved player. His NFL career far surpasses his collegiate career. Green Bay did right by him.
Yea they did. I remember people would use him as to say our players did better in the pros cause of him and jimmy graham. I’m like bruh that’s not the case that was an enigma and people road that excuse that it was the culture. I’m like nah we just not getting the best players anymore. Cfb teams were jealous of our history and started identifying and uses $$$ to create what we started.

Kenny was a safety. Antrel was a safety playing corner. The last great true corner we had was Pbuch. Shields, like Jimmy Graham doesn’t count.

Before them, probably Ryan McNeil. It’s truly amazing how average we have been there while FSU and UF have been very good over the years.
We always had ok corners as long as u have elite DL linebackers and Safeties it makes everything else look easy. Who was the other good one though I think he played for Seattle. Oh it’s Jennings just remembered

Bandy Jackson etc would have had better cfb careers if the front seven was loaded. All corners look great behind monster fronts with elite safeties

Advertisement

Considering so many elite CBs have come out of SoFl it’s an embarrassment.

Funny thing is of all the positions cb is probably the one uga develops the least, in fact we both have just 4 guys on active rosters despite all the 4-5 stars they've had

Advertisement
An elite cornerback? Antrelle Rolle was probably the last one...we're long overdue. I think the next cycle we get our elite CB in Offord
We signed Tracy Howard and Brandon Harris who were both 5* CBs but I wouldn’t consider either to be truly “elite”. Antrel Rolle was our last true elite CB. PBuch, Rumph and Kelly Jennings also all went 1st round.

Kenny Phillips was a S coming out of Carol City and was a 5* #1 DB in the nation and was named USA Today National DPOY in his Senior year. Came here and had a solid career playing alongside Brandon Meriweather. Hard shoes to fill coming after Ed Reed and Sean Taylor…

Advertisement
Advertisement
What makes you say he wasn’t shut down?

View attachment 270928
The nfl

True shut downs shut it down in the nfl imo, good cfb corner though.

Edit: if Ray Lewis didn’t do anything in the nfl and was a four year player I would choose other linebackers ahead of him. We knew how great Sean and ed were but when they did it in the league their greatness became more. Maybe I’m crazy but that’s my barometer

We signed Tracy Howard and Brandon Harris who were both 5* CBs but I wouldn’t consider either to be truly “elite”. Antrel Rolle was our last true elite CB. PBuch, Rumph and Kelly Jennings also all went 1st round.

Kenny Phillips was a S coming out of Carol City and was a 5* #1 DB in the nation and was named USA Today National DPOY in his Senior year. Came here and had a solid career playing alongside Brandon Meriweather. Hard shoes to fill coming after Ed Reed and Sean Taylor…
Rumph was plenty good for us....If he doesn't jump that route vs BC in 2001, where the ball careened off his leg into Walter's hands, we probably lose that game.

The nfl

True shut downs shut it down in the nfl imo, good cfb corner though.

Edit: if Ray Lewis didn’t do anything in the nfl and was a four year player I would choose other linebackers ahead of him. We knew how great Sean and ed were but when they did it in the league their greatness became more. Maybe I’m crazy but that’s my barometer
I didn't really follow his NFL career, so I couldn't say.

But to answer the original question, I'd say he was our last elite CB. I liked Corn Elder a lot too. After that, you'd have to go back to Antrel.

Advertisement
Back