2024 CB Ellis Robinson IV

Yeah, as a fan, alum, anyone who have supported this University in any capacity, it’s mind numbingly frustrating. I still recall Golden having to beg for something as simple as training tables circa 2012! While schools like Oregon, Bama, OSU, etc. were remodeling their indoor facilities, we were trying to get training tables.

We were legit the kings of CFB and our admin said fck that, let’s continue to operate as a peasant. It’s quite extraordinary, actually. Nepotism, Cronyism, complacency, all eroded our fabric. Hopefully that nightmare will be over.
Yea agree

I don’t know if this is true but I always felt like Mario interviewed Miami. He told them what was being done at other power programs and that if these things didn’t get done he would stay at Oregon. Wish I could have been in that room to see how shocked the Miami brass would have been. I wouldn’t be surprised if he told them and reminded them that this program can make you millions upon millions of dollars. And they opened that check book cause he saw what Saban did.

Advertisement
Trelle was better than Phil. Philip was faster but trelle was bigger and more physical. Trelle also was big for a corner which is why he moved to safety in the league. Man I miss those days over us beating the **** outta teams. It seems like a lifetime ago.
I'm well aware. I've been close friends with Phil since he was a frosh at UM, not to mention he's from my hometown. I kicked it with Trell at Paradise Camp a few yrs ago.

Advertisement
Yea agree

I don’t know if this is true but I always felt like Mario interviewed Miami. He told them what was being done at other power programs and that if these things didn’t get done he would stay at Oregon. Wish I could have been in that room to see how shocked the Miami brass would have been. I wouldn’t be surprised if he told them and reminded them that this program can make you millions upon millions of dollars. And they opened that check book cause he saw what Saban did.

It sure seems that way doesn’t it. We literally upped the budget by 500% maybe more.

What was Manny making? Roughly 3? All of his staff combined wasn't much more than that. Very little money for the players outside of tuition room and board. Suddenly, we’re pumping out 8M for Mario, 6 for his expanded staff, and 10-15M in NIL coming from friends of the program.

You only do that if your new CEO is a BSD who dictates his terms for running the turn around .

Advertisement
The Loafers are loafing!
1702297582929.png
1702297582929.png

Corn shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as PBuch or Trell
I see no lies.no disrespect to corner but two of the three guys mentioned were 1st rounders and pro bowlers. Corn was a fifth rounder. His resume doesn't scream elite. Elite means you are at least a top five at your position some would say top three.

Advertisement
I see no lies.no disrespect to corner but two of the three guys mentioned were 1st rounders and pro bowlers. Corn was a fifth rounder. His resume doesn't scream elite. Elite means you are at least a top five at your position some would say top three.
PBuch was the #1 shutdown corner in America in 2001 (1st team AA) not to mention in 2000 as well. 2001 STs NCAA Player of the yr as well I might add. Trell was a 1st team AA and made a mockery of Larry Fitzgerald and Megatron in College.....but we're gonna mention Corn in the conversation??.....Lol

PBuch was the #1 shutdown corner in America in 2001 (1st team AA) not to mention in 2000 as well. 2001 STs NCAA Player of the yr as well I might add. Trell was a 1st team AA and made a mockery of Larry Fitzgerald and Megatron in College.....but we're gonna mention Corn in the conversation??.....Lol
Real talk but it's levels to it and corn isn't on that level. Miami hasn't had a guy at corner who was lottery pick much less a shoe in to the first round since trelle. That might change under this regime but facts are facts

Advertisement
Could you provide the information that Buchanon was the 2001 special team's NCAA player of the year? Thank you.

Advertisement
Back