@DMoney on the Bank Episode 41

"corner is a wide open board"​
later on though

"they want athletes, they want studs and there may be new names emerging"​
so they aren't settling.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
26 CB Jordan Thomas from Bergen Catholic. Already significantly bigger and faster than his competition as a true FR.

Advertisement
From the 7/20 Bank (podcast and eventually YouTube) Q&A Portion

CB Board
  • The CB Board is not huge, this is why the Heyward is critical decision
  • Heyward (Top 100 player)
  • Mack (low ceiling, high floor)
  • OJ Frederique (high upside, wildcard)
Jamari Howard
  • Has not played enough football to eval
  • Big schools waiting to eval, every school in the county will be after him if he has a great year in Central

Last edited:
This is two straight banks now that @DMoney is saying he's concerned about the depth of our CB board. I think its time to tackle the elephant in the room, one which @Rellyrell has raised a couple times, do we have a problem with Addae (the recruiter)?

When he first arrived, he had the reputation of being an elite recruiter. @Cribby said that after the first year, he wasn't pulling his weight when it came to recruiting (only Mario and DVD were elite recruiters on that staff). This year isn't looking any better from the CB standpoint.

Super Bowl 51 Elephant GIF

This is two straight banks now that @DMoney is saying he's concerned about the depth of our CB board. I think its time to tackle the elephant in the room, one which @Rellyrell has raised a couple times, do we have a problem with Addae (the recruiter)?

When he first arrived, he had the reputation of being an elite recruiter. @Cribby said that after the first year, he wasn't pulling his weight when it came to recruiting (only Mario and DVD were elite recruiters on that staff). This year isn't looking any better from the CB standpoint.

The transfer still puzzles me after hearing how everyone questions. Our CB room.

The transfer still puzzles me after hearing how everyone questions. Our CB room.
This also was in the Q&A section of the bank. Reading between the lines, sounds like he wasn't willing to put in the work necessary to address the flaws in his game.

Graves
  • Has all the skills/tools
  • Preparation is the key
  • Staff couldn't trust him

Advertisement
From the 7/20 Bank (podcast and eventually YouTube) Q&A Portion

CB Board
  • The CB Board is not huge, this is why the Heyward is critical decision
  • Heyward (Top 100 player)
  • Mack (low ceiling, high floor)
  • OJ Frederique (high upside, wildcard)
Jamari Howard
  • Has not played enough football to eval
  • Big schools waiting to eval, every school in the county will be after him if he has a great year in Central

How is the CB not big like the DL board? This is a huge position of need and it will be next year as well.

I just don’t get how any true & honest fan could ? me on this. I gave my report card on the recruiting class of ‘23, and my concern was the secondary, particularly CB. Like sometimes we have to take off the Orange & Green off-season glasses & call a spade a spade.

We just had our best CB leave, and the CB last yr was woeful. All the names that were mentioned as solid depth pieces have vanished. So now what? R we really rolling w/ Porter Jr, Davonte Brown, Davis, & Couch? Are we really relying upon Freeney or Richard coming in making a difference? Do we expect true freshmen Stafford & Brown to anchor us if the starters don’t pan out?

I have legit, tangible concerns. We can do the whole “let’s let it play out or wait til the season” argument that’s used to deflect every single yr, but when r we as fans going to stop being disingenuous & have open & honest conversations w/o feeling the need to defend chit or get defensive? Addae is not bringing what we thought he would bring to the table & the room is ?able. Our margin for error (which includes injuries, understanding of the playbook, etc) is at zero, imho.

How is the CB not big like the DL board? This is a huge position of need and it will be next year as well.

I mean there's been tons of guys on the corner board all year. It's the quality or at least the rankings that have people worried.

Advertisement
I just don’t get how any true & honest fan could ? me on this. I gave my report card on the recruiting class of ‘23, and my concern was the secondary, particularly CB. Like sometimes we have to take off the Orange & Green off-season glasses & call a spade a spade.

We just had our best CB leave, and the CB last yr was woeful. All the names that were mentioned as solid depth pieces have vanished. So now what? R we really rolling w/ Porter Jr, Davonte Brown, Davis, & Couch? Are we really relying upon Freeney or Richard coming in making a difference? Do we expect true freshmen Stafford & Brown to anchor us if the starters don’t pan out?

I have legit, tangible concerns. We can do the whole “let’s let it play out or wait til the season” argument that’s used to deflect every single yr, but when r we as fans going to stop being disingenuous & have open & honest conversations w/o feeling the need to defend chit or get defensive? Addae is not bringing what we thought he would bring to the table & the room is ?able. Our margin for error (which includes injuries, understanding of the playbook, etc) is at zero, imho.
If Graves was our best db we in trouble. He couldn't even get on the field

Most everyone has concerns.

What are we supposed to do, strap up the helmet and run out there ourselves?

Advertisement
Back