2024 CB Board (2024 Edition)

Advertisement
And a 3rd year Balom?.

That really isnt scary thin., At some point depth guys need to play

Right…And if he's talking recruiting this year…Thomas and Patterson is a nice haul, and you also have the possibility Day plays there.

I'll admit corner is now a bigger need now that the Ft. Myers kids officially left, and I'd like to see an increase in overall talent. But they are throwing numbers at both positions and trust that they will continue to do so.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Gabby reporting staff is looking at a Miami NW Vanderbilt commit at corner. Completely new name to me.

Advertisement
Ranked 1189 in the composite with an awful offer list. I know we’ve been hammering Joe for the failures in DT recruiting, but at least we’ve landed Jones this cycle. The CB recruiting is a disaster and I would love to know from our insiders how Addae survived the off-season staff purge.

Former USCw commit Jett White transferred in to Edison from South Central LA (CA). Coming to the Miami (OH) game.

Appreciate your efforts, but doesn't it make more sense to start a CB Board (2025 edition) thread for these guys (rather than adding 2025 recruits to the 2024 thread)?

Guylijah had a pretty good track season this Spring, with
as his best times, but also had a couple bad 11's in there.

It would make him the fastest Corner amongst our current 24 group.

But Addae's evals at Corner have all been pretty interesting to say the least. He's basically gone after nothing but developmental prospects thus far.

Advertisement
The other corner brought up this week, though by Frank Tucker from Rivals, is Larry Tarver from Norland.

Current Maryland commit, Tucker says A&M, LVille and others are reaching out including Miami as of late.

Appreciate your efforts, but doesn't it make more sense to start a CB Board (2025 edition) thread for these guys (rather than adding 2025 recruits to the 2024 thread)?
The theory behind the various position boards is the OP gives you an overview of who's being recruited for the next three cycles (in this case 24/25/26). In December, I'll create a 25 board that gives visibility to the 25/26/27 recruits. Last year, I created the boards cause it seemed like we weren't recruiting anyone at a couple of positions. Once I created the board, I realized this wasn't true. If done correctly, we should get a better understanding as to why more offers are going out for a given year.

Now as to whether this is being executed properly or if it needs improvement, I'm open to feedback. But that's the rationale.

The theory behind the various position boards is the OP gives you an overview of who's being recruited for the next three cycles (in this case 24/25/26). In December, I'll create a 25 board that gives visibility to the 25/26/27 recruits. Last year, I created the boards cause it seemed like we weren't recruiting anyone at a couple of positions. Once I created the board, I realized this wasn't true. If done correctly, we should get a better understanding as to why more offers are going out for a given year.

Now as to whether this is being executed properly or if it needs improvement, I'm open to feedback. But that's the rationale.
I thought about this a bit. What I think I'll do going forward is to create the 25/26/27 etc threads and everyone can post the offers in those threads. However, the OP won't get updated in the 25/26/27 threads until the 24 cycle completes. I don't want to have to update the same OP info in 4 threads.

Advertisement
Created two new threads

and updated the OP in the 2024 CB Board to link to them

I believe (hope!) this addresses your feedback @No_Fly_Zone

If everyone is in agreement with this approach, I'll do it for the other recruit position threads.

And a 3rd year Balom?.

That really isnt scary thin., At some point depth guys need to play
I was relatively optimistic on Balom (not as a star, but someone who could rotate in and produce), but apparently there are questions on him. I still think he can add value.

There may also be questions on Markeith Williams, though on the field I like everything I've seen, too.

Jaden Harris is a good athlete and has some attributes, but is transitioning into the position.

We'll see. I'd just like us to appear well-coached in the secondary and, specifically, in some zone concepts.

Guylijah had a pretty good track season this Spring, with
as his best times, but also had a couple bad 11's in there.

It would make him the fastest Corner amongst our current 24 group.

But Addae's evals at Corner have all been pretty interesting to say the least. He's basically gone after nothing but developmental prospects thus far.
Faster than Mack? I thought he was running in the 10.6 range

Edit: Guess it was actually 10.8's

Advertisement
Back