2024 CB Board (2024 Edition)

I don't see any of this, and I don't even know what you mean by a 3*tackling bro...but I agree we learn alot against flu and others.

I think they've been a pleasant surprise and while I agree the talent overall needs to improve, I think last year was a good start in that aspect.

But either way, nothing statistically, including a skewed 90th ranked in passing yards, bears out what you are saying re Addae... That was my point.
Yes sir we’ll see soon enough. Addae needs to go though. I’m shocked Mario didn’t make the move this past off-season.

Advertisement
Yes sir we’ll see soon enough. Addae needs to go though. I’m shocked Mario didn’t make the move this past off-season.

I think it also speaks well for Addae's eye for talent that Porter and J.Davis are both players (or at least in porter's case at least adequate)… I like that he them made priorities in the portal.

Last edited:
I think it also speaks well for Addae's eye for talent that Porter and J.Davis are both players (or at least in porter's case at least adequate)… I like that made priorities in the portal.
So you want to keep Addae?

I think it also speaks well for Addae's eye for talent that Porter and J.Davis are both players (or at least in porter's case at least adequate)… I like that he them made priorities in the portal.

True but the cynic in me thinks that these are sofla kids who ideally want to stay home and know that Miami has a favorable depth chart. Arguably, they were some of the top CBs in the portal. So, it's not like Addae scoured the earth to uncover these kids. DBs have performed well this year but I think it's fair to say the jury is still out on Addae for talent eval and development.

Advertisement
True but the cynic in me thinks that these are sofla kids who ideally want to stay home and know that Miami has a favorable depth chart. Arguably, they were some of the top CBs in the portal. So, it's not like Addae scoured the earth to uncover these kids. DBs have performed well this year but I think it's fair to say the jury is still out on Addae for talent eval and development.

I'm not denying they wanted to come. But the fact is ADDAE WANTED THEM. I'm not speaking about his ability to sell or land them because it likely was easy an easy sell to get them back home…It's the fact he made them priorities. Porter was an afterthought who likely generated very little portal interest from major schools, and Davis had some, but it's not like the kid coulda went anywhere this spring. There were DB rated a lot higher than him on all these sites.

orter wasn't in WVU top 3 in the rotation and is undersized…And although Jaden Davis has had a decent career for sure, it certainly wasn't spectacular by any means.

I'm not denying they wanted to come. But the fact is ADDAE WANTED THEM.

But Porter wasn't in WVU top 3 in the rotation and is undersized…And although Jaden Davis has had a decent career for sure, it certainly wasn't spectacular by any means.

Addae has a prior relationship with Porter so that one totally makes sense to me.

As for Davis, it wasn't spectacular but we needed bodies and he happened to be one with 1) lots of experience, 2) generally well regarded and 3) a sofla kid. That made him a no brainer in the portal, imo.

Still need to see Addae recruit HS kids well/.

Addae has a prior relationship with Porter so that one totally makes sense to me.

As for Davis, it wasn't spectacular but we needed bodies and he happened to be one with 1) lots of experience, 2) generally well regarded and 3) a sofla kid. That made him a no brainer in the portal, imo.

Still need to see Addae recruit HS kids well/.

You're not saying anything different than me.
'
But no I don't think either were a no brainer…Addae could have went after multiple WVU db for instance? And again there were a lot of corners to choose from this spring, it appears he made the right decision with J.DAvis, as the kid has been a home run.

Jury still out on Richards, but it looks like he will be AT MINIMUM a top 7 db in the rotation starting next year, although I believe his position is still up in the air.

Last edited:
Addae evaluted and recruited PD JR to WVU before the Portal.

SO far dbs have been solid....UNC, Clemson, and FSU will be a biiiig challenge.

Im good with Addae he will have to develop some of these takes like Stafford, Brown (already showing) Richard, and Freeney along with the developmental takes currently in the class in Mack, Frederique.

Advertisement
A 5-star CB from just outside of Birmingham who is already committed to Bama...

I mean I'm sure there's some interest on our part, but what's the actual likelihood of pulling off that flip?
He's a talented kid at a position of need. He should at the very least have an offer from UM.
I didn't see where he had an offer from us which prompted my question.
I'm not saying he will flip but look what we did with Carr.
Kevin Riley is literally right down the street from UA but chose UM.

Advertisement
He's a talented kid at a position of need. He should at the very least have an offer from UM.
I didn't see where he had an offer from us which prompted my question.
I'm not saying he will flip but look what we did with Carr.
Kevin Riley is literally right down the street from UA but chose UM.
Different situation & different circumstances.

Miami doesn’t flip 5-star CB’s.

Different situation & different circumstances.

Miami doesn’t flip 5-star CB’s.
Ever in history. Not just now.

It is wild to look at our HOFers and alumni and draft picks at every position from QB, RB, WR, TE, DE, DT, LB, S, OL

Then look at corner. It is not like everything else. In a place like South Florida where so many great corners come from. We have never been elite at corner in terms of NFL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back