2024 CB Board (2024 Edition)

Faster than Mack? I thought he was running in the 10.6 range

Edit: Guess it was actually 10.8's
Ryan Mack isn't that fast, he runs in the 11's. He had one 10.9 last year but this track season posted all 11's.

Unless you're talking about King Mack, he's definitely in the 10.6-10.8 range.

Advertisement
Ryan Mack isn't that fast, he runs in the 11's. He had one 10.9 last year but this track season posted all 11's.

Unless you're talking about King Mack, he's definitely in the 10.6-10.8 range.
Nope was talking about Ryan Mack.

Saw his PR was in the 10.8s but lots of 11s. Found it after i posted that comment.

Created two new threads

and updated the OP in the 2024 CB Board to link to them

I believe (hope!) this addresses your feedback @No_Fly_Zone

If everyone is in agreement with this approach, I'll do it for the other recruit position threads.

You are a gentleman and a scholar. IMO, separating them by class year should keep these parallel discussions easier to categorize and follow up on.

Advertisement
Cai Bates from Edgewater offered today. 247 has him as an ATH but offered by DVD so I'm adding him to this thread

rick-james-gimme.gif

Advertisement
Gaby did say this in the September 20 podcast. So I think its fair to speculate as to who this could be because he named Ellis Robinson publicly so its not him.
Major blue chip name [at CB] Miami is working to flip. Can't release name.

I think CB recruiting is better than what some of you are making it and we've obviously done well in the portal with it.

Mack is being seriously underrated on this board…And we will fight til the end on ER4 and I imagine a couple others we likely don't know about yet. I think Mincey has outgrown corner, but we are firmly in the mix there as well.

Last edited:
I think CB recruiting is better than what some of you are making it and we've obviously done well in the portal with it.

Mack is being seriously underrated on this board…And we will fight til the end on ER4 and I imagine a couple others we likely don't know about yet. I think Mincey has outgrown corner, but we are firmly in the mix there as well.
I mean we technically have 3 committed.

You would think this was Manny with his d*ck in his hand at the end of the night while old town road is playing at last call.

I think we may need 1 in the portal and to land 1 legit stud thats Damari Brown level in the class. Thats attainable.
I expect the portal to have a few legit ones for the take yearly.

You would think this was Manny with his d*ck in his hand at the end of the night while old town road is playing at last call.

I think we may need 1 in the portal and to land 1 legit stud thats Damari Brown level in the class. Thats attainable.
I don't know why Damari Brown gets glossed over so much on this board. I must believe it's a bigger deal than most that we pulled the best corner form AH last year. When is the last time that has happened?

Advertisement

Exactly... Day is a swing guy/nickle that I believe will be tried all 3 spots…Do I think we are knocking it out of the park recruiting CB? No…Do I want us to finish with a big surprise. Yup…But Addae seems to know what he's looking for and the job he's doing coaching some of these guys this year is excellent.

Next year:

Sr. Porter
Sr. Brown
So. Brown (stud imo)
Jr. Richard (CB/S, my bet is safety, but he's playing corner and nickel now)
3So. Freely
2Fr Stafford
Fr. Mack
Fr. Frederique (redshirt imo)

Fr. Day (CB/S)

Maybe:
Fr. or ?? Another frosh/portal

So that's gonna be 9 or 10 stacked pretty nicely… Would love a stud this year to cap it off. But it's not anything near as bad as some are making it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Exactly... Day is a swing guy/nickle that I believe will be tried all 3 spots…Do I think we are knocking it out of the park recruiting CB? No…Do I want us to finish with a big surprise. Yup…But Addae seems to know what he's looking for and the job he's doing coaching some of these guys this year is excellent.

Next year:

Sr. Porter
Sr. Brown
So. Brown (step imo)
Jr. Richard (CB/S, my bet is safety, but he's playing corner and nickel now)
3So. Freely
2Fr Stafford
Fr. Mack
Fr. Frederique (redshirt imo)

Fr. Day (CB/S)

Maybe:
Fr. or ?? Another frosh/portal

So that's gonna be 9 or 10 stacked pretty nicely… Would love a stud this year to cap it off. But it's not anything near as bad as some are making it.
Our CB recruiting under Addae has been horrific to date. Hopefully Addae is gone after this year and replaced like he should’ve been. I have no idea why Mario didn’t do that but that’s a fail. Rumph’s a better coach than Addae but regardless, get someone else.

This CB group we have may not be exactly as bad as it’s being made to be by some but it isn’t that good. I saw people running open on them left and right and throws were not made. We’ll see how that goes soon enough between Clemson, UNC, FSU and Louisville. If there isn’t much improvement between now and then, it could be painful.

Our CB recruiting under Addae has been horrific to date. Hopefully Addae is gone after this year and replaced like he should’ve been. I have no idea why Mario didn’t do that but that’s a fail. Rumph’s a better coach than Addae but regardless, get someone else.

This CB group we have may not be exactly as bad as it’s being made to be by some but it isn’t that good. I saw people running open on them left and right and throws were not made. We’ll see how that goes soon enough between Clemson, UNC, FSU and Louisville. If there isn’t much improvement between now and then, it could be painful.

I can't get there at all…Agree to disagree. Damari Brown and Stafford was a nice class last year. Love Ryan Mack…Not sure where the Rumph opinion is coming from. I think both are pretty good technicians and coaches. Addae's WVU secondaries were **** good before he even got to Georgia.

And no it's not strength of team, but they are playing very well at a position I was worried about coming in.

Last edited:

There is a lot of hyperbole here

@RVACane is right though we will give up a lot of big plays bs teams coming up like fsu clemsdump. That’s my biggest worry is the defense because of interior depth. Blue chip depth that is

And Damari Brown is a stud but you can’t leave kids on an island with no pressure. Most Wr’s will get open

Advertisement
Back