Caroll: Welcome to the U

We will sign 30+ unless we get limited by probation or kids get scared off. I refuse to re-type what I have to type every year:) There are plenty of ways, especially with our currently light roster. You can't have more than 25 enroll in August. And you can't have more than 85 on ship. Everything else can be gamed. Like I say annually... just watch!

No disagreement here. In fact I stated in all caps that I'm refering to FOOTBALL SCHOLARSHIPS. There are other ways to get kids on campus, but as far as football ships are concerned, we only have 27 or 29 for this class depending on whose interpretation of the rule is correct, ACE64 or me.

I am guessing we won't bring a single kid in on track, etc, but will sign 30+ to football scholarships. Hold me to it!

IIRC, there are two things you can't do, ENROLL more than 25 FOR FALL, or go over 85 at any one time. That's about it. Think creatively, there are a lot of ways to game that. In fact, I don't think January kids need to even be attributed to "last years class" in any way.

In other words, I am saying I believe you can sign and enroll 25 in Fall of 2012, bring in 10 Juco's in January, and enroll another 25 in fall of 2013 as long as you never go above 85. Again, the only thing "25" pertains to is the number of S/A you can enroll in any given Fall. I am putting that out there, and welcome hard proof that I am wrong. I honestly haven't researched the official rules, this is just the conclusion I have come to over the years.

Not to try and one-up you, but I've read the NCAA rules several times and I've STILL seen stuff that doesnt mesh, yet coaches do it seemingly every year. So Im certainly not gonna call you out on this one. :)

LOL. Yeah, that's what I mean. I've read it in the past, but based on those readings, and what I've seen occur in reality, I've come to the conclusion I illustrated above!

Advertisement
OT is alright. Washington, J Johnson, Bunche, Feliciano, Barton, and Henderson all return. We have Flowers, Gadbois committed.

What we desperately need are OG and C. We are going to be ***ked here unless we get real lucky with no injuries or perfect evals or some of those OT switch. Linder, Wheeler, and McDermott are all we have, with Jeremy Lewis and Wells providing warm bodies. That looks like a 1 deep to me.

Next year isn't the issue. Its beyond that. We don't have anyone set to replace Washington, Henderson, Linder etc.

I agree with everyone else, we need a 3rd OL in this class. I think you need to get 3-4 OL every year. Last year was just tough for Golden because he got such a late start

Isadora will be in this class and that gives us 3. We're also recruiting that 6'9 cat from MD. Recruiting balanced classes with this staff won't be a problem IMO. They will find another TE or 2, OL, DT or 2 and S or 2.

Advertisement
DT is such a need: I assume Goldman is not gonna be coming here? Hes a beast and would be an awesome get.

I have to believe there will be some reschuffling of this class. We now have six wide receivers and four cornerbacks committed in this class. I can see us redirecting one or two of the corners.

I will say that the wide receiver depth chart looks looks kinda scary going forward if Streeter leaves after this season, but you cant fill it up in one class.

I don't see why we would push some Cbs out. I'll be first admit I'm not a fan of Hope but you have to think he would be a serviceable player. I think Golden has a very good eye for talent for example getting on Flowers early and also Ricquan Southward who's starting to get looked at nationally by top schools. I'm okay with this class since Golden is basically trying to overturn the roster in a hurry. Now if we're taking these same kinda kids(hope, Vernon, Jontavious, D'Mauri, Holifield, and O'donnel) then ill be scratching my head and a little worried.

I have to believe there will be some reschuffling of this class. We now have six wide receivers and four cornerbacks committed in this class. I can see us redirecting one or two of the corners.

I will say that the wide receiver depth chart looks looks kinda scary going forward if Streeter leaves after this season, but you cant fill it up in one class.

I don't see why we would push some Cbs out. I'll be first admit I'm not a fan of Hope but you have to think he would be a serviceable player. I think Golden has a very good eye for talent for example getting on Flowers early and also Ricquan Southward who's starting to get looked at nationally by top schools. I'm okay with this class since Golden is basically trying to overturn the roster in a hurry. Now if we're taking these same kinda kids(hope, Vernon, Jontavious, D'Mauri, Holifield, and O'donnel) then ill be scratching my head and a little worried.

AJL is going to be a corner, so that would be 5 corners, 5 wrs. We need as many corners as we can get, IMO. If Streeter leaves, all we have coming back that has had meaningful time is Hurns & Dorsett. Waters may still become a DB as well.

Advertisement
I think the WR/DB positions are up in the air. What I mean by that is look how Golden treated Eduardo this spring, summer, fall. Once these kids get on campus and he can tell who will contribute or be in our top 2-deep he won't be shy to flip kids to the other side of the ball. That's another reason why I like this class. You have a handful of 2-way players with some potential redshirt candidates to create separation. Golden knows what he's doing.

I think the WR/DB positions are up in the air. What I mean by that is look how Golden treated Eduardo this spring, summer, fall. Once these kids get on campus and he can tell who will contribute or be in our top 2-deep he won't be shy to flip kids to the other side of the ball. That's another reason why I like this class. You have a handful of 2-way players with some potential redshirt candidates to create separation. Golden knows what he's doing.
golden just got it, eh?

Advertisement
Golden knows what he's doing.
BE A CHEESEBURGER!
panic.gif

LOL. Yeah, that's what I mean. I've read it in the past, but based on those readings, and what I've seen occur in reality, I've come to the conclusion I illustrated above!
Why was bomb band?

Advertisement
This is why people here are so afraid to be positive. God forbid you support a coach and he ends up sucking, some weirdo with an ax to grind is going to go back through the archives to find something you said 8 years ago, just to say "I told you so".

This is why people here are so afraid to be positive. God forbid you support a coach and he ends up sucking, some weirdo with an ax to grind is going to go back through the archives to find something you said 8 years ago, just to say "I told you so".

lol most of this board lost their collective minds and fell in love when golden gave that intro presser.

It is funny to go back down memory lane, and since I joined in 2013, it’s fun having context as to y certain posters post in a certain manner.

****, u can go back & look at me defend Golden when I first joined, I had the shades on w wind blowing through my hair. lol

With Richt and the players we’ve recruited, I had the shades on, to a certain extent; but now, I take things at face value. Won’t overhype a recruit, won’t overvalue our players, and the hoodie stays on.

These past 17 yrs have been tough, bro. Especially when you’re so accustomed to winning, pumping out 1st rounders, pro bowlers, future HOFers **** near every year! Especially when u were the team, every team tried to emulate; u were the cool kids in school.

Any sign of positivity, folks run to it, and any hint of let down, ppl run to it. Vicious cycle we’ve been experiencing as fans. Smh.

Advertisement
Back