Caroll: Welcome to the U

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have to believe there will be some reschuffling of this class. We now have six wide receivers and four cornerbacks committed in this class. I can see us redirecting one or two of the corners.

I will say that the wide receiver depth chart looks looks kinda scary going forward if Streeter leaves after this season, but you cant fill it up in one class.

Advertisement
SF - what do you mean redirecting corners?

it's the weakest position on the team ATM.

Meaning that the staff will redirect them to another team.

The numbers are starting to get a little strange. Six wide receivers and four corners ( 5 and 5 if AJL is a corner prospect) with several other active targets still out there.

So its really hard to state how big a recruiting win Malcolm Lewis is. He's a playmaker who was offered by everyone, and yeah, he's local, but from a school where we've lost kids year in and year out. The fact that Golden and Co. were able to pull a top kid from there shows their progress in turning the tide locally.

For those who don't realize how big a pick up this is, this kid had offers from everyone... UF, FSU, Alabama, LSU, Nebraska, Ohio State....

Great job, staff.

Advertisement
The numbers are starting to get a little strange. Six wide receivers and four corners ( 5 and 5 if AJL is a corner prospect) with several other active targets still out there.

Rather than nudging some of these kids out, I'm wondering if this isn't more indicative that some of those SOs and JRs who haven't contributed much at those spots might be asked to move along, as well as our staff knowing stuff we don't about kids with qualifying issues (Leggett), or not coming (Howard, Bush). If we stop today with a WR class of Lewis, Waters, Carter, Jones, Southward and a CB group of AJL 1, AJL 2, Dortch, Davis, and Hope, that isn't that outrageous considering what we've got on the roster. But I agree, right now it's something that makes you go "hmm.....", especially if Diggs/Howard/Bush decide they want in. I would not be disappointed if our coaches found room for other spots by gently recommending the weakest commits at WR & CB (whoever that might be) consider their options elsewhere.

So its really hard to state how big a recruiting win Malcolm Lewis is. He's a playmaker who was offered by everyone, and yeah, he's local, but from a school where we've lost kids year in and year out. The fact that Golden and Co. were able to pull a top kid from there shows their progress in turning the tide locally.

For those who don't realize how big a pick up this is, this kid had offers from everyone... UF, FSU, Alabama, LSU, Nebraska, Ohio State....

Great job, staff.

Agreed. Outstanding that we pull a 'leader' from Miramar who other kids might want to follow the next few years (besides him being a bad *** himself).

Advertisement
Love the pickup. It will only help with Howard who we're in a better position with than we think IMO. I don't think he even knows where he wants to go yet and UM is his dream school.

Lewis is a real nice receiver to round out the class especially with Herb, Rayshawn and AJL moving to DB.

I'm all for making inroads at Miramar. They've always seemed to have some nice prospects and they have some good ones in the pipeline too. I have to think that a lot of what Golden is doing is thinking forward (imagine that instead of linear Randy) and trying to improve his chances on kids he thinks we will target in the future.

I'm on board with what most are suggesting with AJL, but I hope to **** we give him a good look at WR too.

That kid is explosive with the ball in his hands so it might be a bit premature to be moving him to CB already (although he seems the most likely candidate).

Advertisement
Back