Carlton Davis & Jaquan Johnson Rivals

These two, plus Irvin, and that kid from Carol City....and we have the best DB class in the country imo. Cole would be the cherry on top.

out of all those kids you mentioned...i personally think Davante Davis is the best cb prospect imo...thats the crazy part. Davis was @ Homestead and is now @ BTW.

This is the BEST DB CLASS in s.fla likely in the last decade...we cant even mess this situation up.....theres big timers like Kendrell Mcfadden that doesnt even get talked about...and theres a few kids in Naples/FT Myers who we havent even blinked at that are big timers.

(Carlton)Davis and (Davante)Davis @ cb will be EPIC...Cole is Tracy Howard re-incarnated.

Davante Davis
http://sfhighschoolsports.com/2014/01/in-the-huddle-davante-davis-booker-t-washington/

Last edited:
Advertisement
He gonna commit before the season watch
Starting to get a bad feeling about Johnson.

You serious??

Yeah. How many times over the past 5 years has a kid started off as a "Cane lock", then we hear how he is high on the Canes but School X (usually UiF) has "really gotten in his ear", then we spend all summer saying it's just "free trips", then the season comes and we are mediocre, and then the kid signs with School X and says "business decision"?

Hope so. Also hope that this isn't like Clark last year, who was the biggest lock ever right up until about June, and then he was a Gator.

These two, plus Irvin, and that kid from Carol City....and we have the best DB class in the country imo. Cole would be the cherry on top.

out of all those kids you mentioned...i personally think Davante Davis is the best cb prospect imo...thats the crazy part. Davis was @ Homestead and is now @ BTW.

This is the BEST DB CLASS in s.fla likely in the last decade...we cant even mess this situation up.....theres big timers like Kendrell Mcfadden that doesnt even get talked about...and theres a few kids in Naples/FT Myers who we havent even blinked at that are big timers.

(Carlton)Davis and (Davante)Davis @ cb will be EPIC...Cole is Tracy Howard re-incarnated.

Davante Davis
http://sfhighschoolsports.com/2014/01/in-the-huddle-davante-davis-booker-t-washington/

D. Davis looks like a freakin giant in his clips. Just don't see how he stays at CB with that kind of size. Definitely S...maybe even LB.

Now that kid from Carol City (Fenton?)....now that's a pure shutdown corner. want.

Starting to get a bad feeling about Johnson.

You serious??

Yeah. How many times over the past 5 years has a kid started off as a "Cane lock", then we hear how he is high on the Canes but School X (usually UiF) has "really gotten in his ear", then we spend all summer saying it's just "free trips", then the season comes and we are mediocre, and then the kid signs with School X and says "business decision"?

Hope so. Also hope that this isn't like Clark last year, who was the biggest lock ever right up until about June, and then he was a Gator.

KC was a lock but flirted like crazy with ND and we almost seem to forget that. Clark was a "lock" but nobody else seemed to be in the running so it was always a troll job but when JJ is making it clear he's looking at UF then you know he's not trolling so until Pete or somebody else gets worried I wont be worried

Alabama almost turned Thomas and they teach Blue Grass in their music schools as their signature major. If they decide that they (Or LSU) want Johnson they have been pretty successful in the last few years turning Cane leans away from the Canes. Our staff is as hard working as any staff we have ever had. There is a sour insidious force in South Fl. the last few years that is organized that first convinces kids to not commit early then take trips. From there it's easy to spin all of the negatives about Miami and it's coaches (Read this and other sites like this) and how the better kids are now choosing to leave South Fl. All of this before we get into the Genron-Money etc. issues. You better believe I'm worried and we all should be.

We need to identify that force and take it out.

Advertisement
You serious??

KC was a lock but flirted like crazy with ND and we almost seem to forget that. Clark was a "lock" but nobody else seemed to be in the running so it was always a troll job but when JJ is making it clear he's looking at UF then you know he's not trolling so until Pete or somebody else gets worried I wont be worried

Did we really lose that much with Clark? I got the impression that he was overweight and overrated. He might just flame out at UF.

Davante Davis

Not surprised....it's south Florida. At skill positions there always seem to be more kids coming at you. Miss on one there's another one we never hear about in the wings. Wish that was true with DTs.

Did we really lose that much with Clark? I got the impression that he was overweight and overrated. He might just flame out at UF.

Everyone might flame out anywhere...he is a massive kid talented enough to go play for Muschamp's badass defense. And last I checked we are all about depth. And thats not even the point. The point is that the recruitment of Johnson is starting to remind me of Clark's and is starting to spook me.

Advertisement

Davante Davis

D. Davis looks like a freakin giant in his clips. Just don't see how he stays at CB with that kind of size. Definitely S...maybe even LB.

Now that kid from Carol City (Fenton?)....now that's a pure shutdown corner. want.

Great DB class. Fenton is all UM.

Just watched Rashad Fenton highlight tape...... what is espn smoking this kid is 5 star. He's 6 foot tall has A1 ball skills, likes to hit and and thats not even talking about his coverr skills. smh

Davante Davis

For a big guy, Davante Davis has little man feet.
Davante Davis and Tyrek Cole outside, Tim Irvin in the slot, Carlton Davis and JaQuan Johnson controlling the middle. :crownpour:

Advertisement
can someone list the top 10 dbs in dade and browardthis year ?
That is 10 off the top of my head

Carlton Davis
Devante Davis
Jaquan Johnson
Tyrek Cole
Tarvarus McFadden
Tim Irvin
SBB
Sheldrick Redwine
Calvin Brewton
Kendrell McFadden

Rashad Fenton is in that group somewhere.

And even though he lacks the size/speed for the Big 3, Antonio Calloway has some of the best feet in South Florida.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3497556/highlights/112892375

Advertisement
You guys keep bringing up Davante Davis. Gogeta I think you've brought him up 2-3 times already. Is Miami actively pursuing him?

Also, does he have any film floating around?

Uh, have you seen what we've been playing at DT lately?

Clark wasnt high on our board

Jaquan johnson is taking his time making sure he is making the right decision, which for the kids is the right thing to do, but for us fans its horrible

Just my 2 cents..

1) Clark had "Marcus Forston" written all over him. Big, lazy, no work ethic. Buddy didnt even dominate in HS and he was clearly the biggest kid on the field 90% of the time. I was not crying when he went to UF. We dont need anymore "bodies" (dont we have enough of them anyway?), we need PLAYERS at DT. Besides, I got turned off when he let Gerald Willis punk him BAD on Twitter for all to see and didnt even try to stand up for himself. ZERO dog in him AND hes soft. No thanks. Ill pass.

2) It will be interesting to see how many DB scholies we give out and how many we take. Everytime I look up another big time DB pops up. I totally forgot about Devonte Davis. Smh. ****.

Advertisement
Back