Carlton Davis & Jaquan Johnson Rivals

Carlton Davis

-Says "I've been talking to coaches - coach Hurlie (Brown), coach Paul Williams and coach (Al) Golden," . "They talk about the facilities, what a great place Miami would be for me."

-Says UM "is one of the schools recruiting me hardest - South Carolina is also recruiting me that hard. Those are the two showing me the most interest."

-plans to narrow things down this summer.

-Says UM "They'll make it for sure,"

-hopes to announce a final decision before his senior season.

-Says "I want to do it before the season just in case anything happens (injury-wise so he will still have a scholarship),"

-Says a draw for him to UM's program is that "it's close to home. My family just loves UM because it's the hometown school. They say they want me to go to Miami - I say `I'm thinking about it.'"

-Says Of what he's looking for in a college program, "Education - the classes, if they're crowded or more one-on-one with the teacher. And the environment, whether there's a large fan base, beautiful weather. And also the program, how the team's doing, and the depth chart. I want to play early."

Jaquan Johnson

-On Jordan Cronkrite "We're close friends," "He says I should come to Miami."

- in no rush to make a decision, though. He says he hasn't narrowed anything down. So far he's taken unofficial visits to Miami, Florida State, Florida, UCF and USF, and he's planning to take out of state trips by the end of summer as well.

-summer visit stops as LSU, Alabama, Louisville and Ohio State.

-Says "I'm looking for a place where I want to live for four years," "I'll be looking at the players that are there, who I'll be looking up to. And the coaches, my coach, the DB coach, I have to have a good relationship with him."

-communicates on a daily basis with Hurricane coaches.

-Says "They tell me about the new uniforms, their facilities," "They say they want me to be a part of their program, that I can be a big difference maker on their team."

-plans to name a top five at some point before his season begins.

-Asked if UM will make the cut -Says "It's a big possibility. Miami talks to me all the time. They are one of the best schools that keep in communication with me all the time."

-Says of Miami's program that "I just like how they play young players. I've been to practices, and the intensity is amazing and how the coaching is. That's what I really like about that."

https://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1636647
https://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1637063

Advertisement
We stand in good position for both of em according to these recent interviews..on the contrary to popular belief this staff is out here doing work!

Both them boys comin'

These two, plus Irvin, and that kid from Carol City....and we have the best DB class in the country imo. Cole would be the cherry on top.

Advertisement
These two, plus Irvin, and that kid from Carol City....and we have the best DB class in the country imo. Cole would be the cherry on top.

Gotta get Cole. He's no cherry. A guy like Tav McFadden, Damon Arnette, or Khalil McGee would be considered "cherries".

Advertisement

Gotta get Cole. He's no cherry. A guy like Tav McFadden, Damon Arnette, or Khalil McGee would be considered "cherries".
I still say Coles the best pure cover db in this class, you add him and its an all time elite group

Older interview but Johnson's sentiment mirrors the spirit of the postings above.

[video=youtube_share;cQtnFSVDl30]http://youtu.be/cQtnFSVDl30[/video]

Older interview but Johnson's sentiment mirrors the spirit of the postings above.

[video=youtube_share;cQtnFSVDl30]http://youtu.be/cQtnFSVDl30[/video]

She looks almost as good as Chip B. in that tight shirt.

Alabama almost turned Thomas and they teach Blue Grass in their music schools as their signature major. If they decide that they (Or LSU) want Johnson they have been pretty successful in the last few years turning Cane leans away from the Canes. Our staff is as hard working as any staff we have ever had. There is a sour insidious force in South Fl. the last few years that is organized that first convinces kids to not commit early then take trips. From there it's easy to spin all of the negatives about Miami and it's coaches (Read this and other sites like this) and how the better kids are now choosing to leave South Fl. All of this before we get into the Genron-Money etc. issues. You better believe I'm worried and we all should be.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Im not all that worried about Johnson, a recruit told me that he expects Johnson to be a cane, but I dont want to take this to serious because I remember Dalvin Cook saying that Dixon was going to be a cane.

Advertisement
Starting to get a bad feeling about Johnson.

You serious??

Yeah. How many times over the past 5 years has a kid started off as a "Cane lock", then we hear how he is high on the Canes but School X (usually UiF) has "really gotten in his ear", then we spend all summer saying it's just "free trips", then the season comes and we are mediocre, and then the kid signs with School X and says "business decision"?

He gonna commit before the season watch
Starting to get a bad feeling about Johnson.

You serious??

Yeah. How many times over the past 5 years has a kid started off as a "Cane lock", then we hear how he is high on the Canes but School X (usually UiF) has "really gotten in his ear", then we spend all summer saying it's just "free trips", then the season comes and we are mediocre, and then the kid signs with School X and says "business decision"?

Advertisement
Back