CanesInSight Podcast Q&A

Advertisement
Why do we keep having issues with corner back recruiting?
I think CB and WR are 2 **** positions, so kids see us not having any big time players at the position for years now imo is what is hurting us, plus schools are obviously negatively recruiting us at those 2 positions. Mario being an oline/trenches guy is no wonder we are doing well in recruiting those positions

You just answered your own question with the last sentence. 8 months isn’t a long time for ACL recovery.

Ok, in that case, how is he doing in his recovery or rehab? Is he running full speed or just limited activity as he recovers?

Advertisement
I think CB and WR are 2 **** positions, so kids see us not having any big time players at the position for years now imo is what is hurting us, plus schools are obviously negatively recruiting us at those 2 positions. Mario being an oline/trenches guy is no wonder we are doing well in recruiting those positions
They can negatively recruit if they want to but what exactly are they negatively recruiting when the entire staff has been overhauled?

Miami related media content is going to see a dramatic increase in traffic in the next 5-10 years, if Miami becomes a national brand again. If UM is a stock, the price took a beating for 15 years and bottomed out under Manny, regained some value with the hire of Mario, but is still a few years from reaching its ceiling.

You mentioned on the previous podcast that you're "investing in CIS the way Miami invested in itself" (paraphrasing). Obviously that's hyperbole, but I've thought from the moment Matio was hired that this site is positioned well to dramatically benefit from rising interest in UM athletics. (OBB, in my opinion, is operating with that mindset already.)

The podcast improvements are a good start, but how is CIS preparing to benefit from the significant increase in interest over the next 5 years? It is thinking in terms of rising to somewhere between TigerDroppings and Barstool? Is that what you even want for the site?

Miami related media content is going to see a dramatic increase in traffic in the next 5-10 years, if Miami becomes a national brand again. If UM is a stock, the price took a beating for 15 years and bottomed out under Manny, regained some value with the hire of Mario, but is still a few years from reaching its ceiling.

You mentioned on the previous podcast that you're "investing in CIS the way Miami invested in itself" (paraphrasing). Obviously that's hyperbole, but I've thought from the moment Matio was hired that this site is positioned well to dramatically benefit from rising interest in UM athletics. (OBB, in my opinion, is operating with that mindset already.)

The podcast improvements are a good start, but how is CIS preparing to benefit from the significant increase in interest over the next 5 years? It is thinking in terms of rising to somewhere between TigerDroppings and Barstool? Is that what you even want for the site?
See post #34, lol, recognizing your vision is bigger/better.

Advertisement
@Cribby

I see what you did.jpg
I see what you did pg.jpg

Good stuff

I plan on making sure the entire country knows how bad the drivers are in South Carolina fwiw

I feel like this is cheating but maybe a good rapid fire segment.

Fact or fiction?

1. Miami will have a first round draft pick in the 2023 NFL draft
2. TVD will set the single season passing yard record this year
3. Miami will have a 1,000 yard receiver this year
4. Miami will have a top 30 defense (points allowed) this year
5. Miami will have at least 1 player finish as a finalist for one of the college football awards (Heisman, Biletnikoff, Maxwell, etc).

Advertisement
1. Nick Saban said last year that it was clear our Oline had trouble handling their front. It feels like physicality is now being emphasized in everything we do. Is there a noticeable difference in practice? If so can you expand on the deltas from last year?

2. Any news on the conference re-alignment front you can share?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Good question we will get to this
Considering this hasn’t been something for kids to consider as of yet, are you going to “guess” what happens after the season ends? I don’t believe it would be within the ncaa’s rules for this to be something the school and agent could coordinate prior to the draft. Is this something FRM is discussing with the student athlete or the school? Why would you make this a topic for public consumption? An agent/agency representing current Miami athletes… I haven’t posted anything in either of these podcast threads, but please think before you speak or post publicly. @DMoney

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back