CanesInSight Podcast Q&A

Great podcast!

1) On both sides of the ball, name one guy who might not be on the radar right now but if everything starts to click could be an NFL type guy?

2) What type of season do you think Mario and the staff would view as a success?

Advertisement
Any buzz on Brashard Smith? Have not heard much about him. How does he fit into Gattis' offense?

Name a surprise impact player on offense and defense.

Advertisement
Wouldn't mind some talk about the new schemes. Route concepts and passing game on O, how they vary from previous coordinators in attacking the mid level and deeper portions of the field.

Any players that might make in impact and are not getting talked about much.

We are going to be taking some questions from the community on the Podcast next week, so if you've got anything for me and @Peter Ariz just pop your questions in here.

Our running back room is quite possibly the deepest it has been since 2000-2001. By the end of this season, who do you think comes out on top as RB #1 and #2, who drops in the depth chart to no playing time and who will be at risk of transferring?

We are going to be taking some questions from the community on the Podcast next week, so if you've got anything for me and @Peter Ariz just pop your questions in here.

Mario has built an impressive coaching tree at both FIU and Oregon, yet he seems to have a less-than-ideal reputation as a "gameday coach", which was also a common complaint directed at both Butch and JJ until his final year at UM. I know Mario's intelligence and competitiveness, so how much of this "gameday coaching" reputation is on Mario, and how much is on his assistant coaches? Mario HAS dealt with a lot of coaching turnover at FIU and Oregon, and maybe that is part of the explanation. Do you see Mario working to address the issue of gameday coaching in his hires of Steele and Gattis, who are more seasoned coordinators than anyone Mario has hired previously (with the exception of Joe Moorhead)?

Advertisement
Are we really trending for the elite 24-25 sofla guys or is it just a lot of hype?

What’s up with Ohio state and the footprint they’ve been having in sofla? Are they replacing Bama as the school of choice for the turncoats?

Advertisement
What’s going on with Khamauri Rogers?

We’ve seen some movement from other FR DB’s, but nothing from him. He’s 8-months out from his high school ACL.

Think you answered your own question. He’s only 8 months out. My guess would be a redshirt this year because he’s also skinnier than the Slender Man

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back