Canes with the third-most players on NFL opening rosters

LOL at the nitpicking weirdos on here. Show them facts that absolutely support the premise that UM has DRAMATICALLY underachieved based on talent. Irrefutable facts.

They then opt to take those facts and claim our NFL PLAYERS are all bottom feeders while the other teams on the list produce only NFL Hall of Fsmers. Meanwhile, they offer NOTHING to support their stupid theory other than their old beat down Dominick the Donkey eeor wailing.

Fcking pvssies. Rejoice in these facts. These facts tell you that we are a competent HC away from you pvssies being able to watch games against the pathetic likes of UNC without shivering in the corner while your mom applies cold compresses to the back of your straw thin neck.

We’ve absolutely had the talent to win the coastal probably most of the last 15 years. There’s no question about that. That’s why I say get better college coaching, get more wins. That’s step one right now

Advertisement
Who was available who was elite? Simply paying more money for a coach doesn’t make him a better option if he’s not elite.

Plenty of programs overpay coaches and still get **** results. We have to do a better job selecting HCs. The pay will then follow the results.

Not saying there was or wasn’t someone established available. And not saying Manny will or won’t be good. Only stating facts....Miami went the cheap route for over a decade and got Wal-Mart results. And we just did it again. Eventually you gotta think we’ll hit one of these dudes, but we’ll see.

We’ve absolutely had the talent to win the coastal probably most of the last 15 years. There’s no question about that. That’s why I say get better college coaching, get more wins. That’s step one right now
Absolutely, it starts there. We have had enough talent to win at least the coastal but the coaching never matched for whatever reason. Golden had an okay offense, terrible defense, richt had a really good defense /terrible offense the final 16 games of his career at Miami.

By winning the coastal that leads to a perception change of the program, being on a bigger stage every year leading to being more relevant and getting even better recruits which ultimately helps facilitate the program in terms of success on the field and making it easier to produce those premium draft picks people keep clamoring we haven’t enough in the last decade

Advertisement
Absolutely, it starts there. We have had enough talent to win at least the coastal but the coaching never matched for whatever reason. Golden had an okay offense, terrible defense, richt had a really good defense /terrible offense the final 16 games of his career at Miami.

By winning the coastal that leads to a perception change of the program, being on a bigger stage every year leading to being more relevancy and getting even better recruits which ultimately helps facilitate the program in terms of success on the field and making it easier to produce those premium draft picks people keep clamoring we haven’t enough in the last decade

If we start getting better coaching, that translates to more wins, and coastal titles, then we’re going to improve our recruiting to whatever our ceiling is going to be.

Are we going to break through into Georgia/Alabama type recruiting. No, not with the bags that are being thrown around. But enough so that we become a possible contender for the playoffs. That’s the next step.

This also presumes that we have a really good eye for talent, some under the radar. Because we’re not gonna be winning a lot of recruiting head-to-head battles with Alabama and Georgia and other teams like that, no matter how much we win.

If we start getting better coaching, that translates to more wins, and coastal titles, then we’re going to improve our recruiting to whatever our ceiling is going to be. Are we going to break through into Georgia/Alabama type recruiting. No, not with the bags that are being thrown around. But enough so that we become a possible contender for the playoffs. That’s the next step.
Stacking classes like the storm 18 classes back to back to back should be Miami’s blueprint in terms of recruiting every year except maybe adding 1 more of a Tyson Campbell, jobe, surtain type to that class which would have been good for a top 5 class or so. As you said we will never get to the level of bama, uga or clemson I’m recruiting but we can win big if we did that storm18 blueprint year in and year out

Who was available who was elite? Simply paying more money for a coach doesn’t make him a better option if he’s not elite.

Plenty of programs overpay coaches and still get **** results. We have to do a better job selecting HCs. The pay will then follow the results.
This, pecisely, is my question too.

Who were we supposed to hire that wouldn't be considered to be from the "bargain bin?" Rex Ryan? PJ Fleck? Mario? Maybe we should've offered Venables 20,000,000$, interviewed Leach for the 20th time or (even better) resurrect Urban Liar.

Also, promoting from within seems to be the way to go. Starting with Jimbob at fsu, to Dabo, then Orgeron and Riley and now Day. Which of the "elite" teams went out and poached a coach? Georgia, maybe (kind of a different situation with an alum). Notre Dame, Washington and Penn st., I guess - but you'd be stretching the definition of elite.

I get that Manny is more of a gamble because he is from a "failed regime" - but I'd like to know which genius coach we were supposed to hire.

I think that’s D$’s point when he posts this NFL stuff. He’s trying to show the nincompoops who claim we’re not talented enough because we don’t have the 2001 roster that we are actually more than talented enough to get way better results than we have.

We’re a competent HC away. It’s very clear.

Advertisement
I’m pretty surprised how low UGA is on the list D$ posted.

Also not surprised that Wisconsin made the list despite being lower in terms of total average annual NFL talent produced. Their players seem to have good league longevity.

I think that’s D$’s point when he posts this NFL stuff. He’s trying to show the nincompoops who claim we’re not talented enough because we don’t have the 2001 roster that we are actually more than talented enough to get way better results than we have.

We’re a competent HC away. It’s very clear.

I mean I don’t know anybody that has half-witted intelligence that wouldn’t say it’s been coaching that’s been holding us back, at least as far as the coastal.

Even with just barely competent, average coaching, we would’ve won the coastal at least several times in the last 15 years.

Not saying there was or wasn’t someone established available. And not saying Manny will or won’t be good. Only stating facts....Miami went the cheap route for over a decade and got Wal-Mart results. And we just did it again. Eventually you gotta think we’ll hit one of these dudes, but we’ll see.
In order to say we went the cheap way you’d have to know who was available and who we declined because their price tag was too high. You just saying we went cheap isn’t compelling without knowing the available options and why we declined those options.

Looks to me like we actually vastly overpaid for our last several HCs, and we paid a ton to get Manny and paid him a premium considering his lack of experience.

We’ve clearly picked the wrong guys, but many programs who spend money like a hot chick married to an ugly old rich guy have also made poor hires. Meanwhile, some programs who haven’t paid in the upper echelon have successfully chosen HCs.

I bet Clemson didn’t pay much for Dabo. Meanwhile, Texas AM paid a boatload for Sumlin.

In order to say we went the cheap way you’d have to know who was available and who we declined because their price tag was too high. You just saying we went cheap isn’t compelling without knowing the available options and why we declined those options.

Looks to me like we actually vastly overpaid for our last several HCs, and we paid a ton to get Manny and paid him a premium considering his lack of experience.

We’ve clearly picked the wrong guys, but many programs who spend money like a hot chick married to an ugly old rich guy have also made poor hires. Meanwhile, some programs who haven’t paid in the upper echelon have successfully chosen HCs.

I bet Clemson didn’t pay much for Dabo. Meanwhile, Texas AM paid a boatload for Sumlin.

Texas.

All the money in the world.

In a talent rich state, with the best players they could recruit.

Yet the only championship team they’ve had in the last 25 years, took a transcendent, one in a lifetime, one read and run quarterback. Other than that they haven’t sniffed any kind of a championship, or any kind of a really decent year.

Advertisement
This, pecisely, is my question too.

Who were we supposed to hire that wouldn't be considered to be from the "bargain bin?" Rex Ryan? PJ Fleck? Mario? Maybe we should've offered Venables 20,000,000$, interviewed Leach for the 20th time or (even better) resurrect Urban Liar.

Also, promoting from within seems to be the way to go. Starting with Jimbob at fsu, to Dabo, then Orgeron and Riley and now Day. Which of the "elite" teams went out and poached a coach? Georgia, maybe (kind of a different situation with an alum). Notre Dame, Washington and Penn st., I guess - but you'd be stretching the definition of elite.

I get that Manny is more of a gamble because he is from a "failed regime" - but I'd like to know which genius coach we were supposed to hire.
Yep. Lincoln Riley and Dabo were both unproven “bargain basement” hires. Overpaying HCs isn’t the answer. Finding the right one and then retaining him is.

We’ve yet to see an example of us being unwilling to pony up. Like I said, based on results achieved, we’ve actually vastly overpaid our last several coaches and have been way too quick to offer lucrative extensions.

The board of directors and the entire administration should be ashamed at the results and it’s taken them so many years to try and correct the product we’ve put on the field. Just think if they gave a ****, we would be killing it still. Can’t wait to see us develop players at a high level again.
1000%

BTW, if you want to narrow it down to one person being responsible, who would it be? There can only be one lol

Last edited:
Eh

Miller and duke are better than immortal gore at this stage

Njoku/Herndon next in line to replace olsen

For Campbell
Vernon has been one of the upper tier and most impactful defensive ends since he’s been in the league

Yeah - I meant for their careers

Campbell is still playing at a high level - but Gore, Olsen, Graham, and Miller coming off an ACL at 29 are all near the end, or not what they used to be.

Duke - It'll be good to see him get chance to prove he's a #1 RB this year. We'll see if he can handle a full workload
Njoku/Herndon - I love their talent. But it's hard to either having a career as good as Olsen or Graham.
Vernon - Just made his 1st Pro-Bowl, but Campbell has made 4 Pro-Bowls.

We'll still have a ton of guys in the NFL. It's just hard to see the younger guys reaching the same levels as the older ones.

Advertisement
Yeah - I meant for their careers

Campbell is still playing at a high level - but Gore, Olsen, Graham, and Miller coming off an ACL at 29 are all near the end, or not what they used to be.

Duke - It'll be good to see him get chance to prove he's a #1 RB this year. We'll see if he can handle a full workload
Njoku/Herndon - I love their talent. But it's hard to either having a career as good as Olsen or Graham.
Vernon - Just made his 1st Pro-Bowl, but Campbell has made 4 Pro-Bowls.

We'll still have a ton of guys in the NFL. It's just hard to see the younger guys reaching the same levels as the older ones.

Miller has the most rushing yards in the nfl since 2014, obviously he will be coming off a major injury next year but we will see.

Gore decline is inevitable but he still averaged 4.6 ypc over 700 yards last year and ran like the same frank gore. Also got the bills to release lesean McCoy one of the most productive running backs in the league since 2010 and 5 years younger than gore so the bills must be confident in him and the singletary.

If you look at each of njoku and Herndon stats they are already outpacing what Olsen and graham did in their first few years in The league and they have a lot of upside. Yeah Olsen and graham are on the outs but we just put studs in the league and got more on the way.

Calais Campbell has made the pro bowl in 4 of the 5 last seasons with his first one coming in his 7th season which is also when Vernon got his first pro bowl. Vernon probably should have been in the pro bowl his 2nd year when he had 11.5 sacks

Our problem is we have some great players but not great teams. Our current OL is a perfect example of Miami the last decade.
you aren't kidding. just saw a graphic that every starter on the UGA oline outweighs the NFL olineman average weight. this is the big difference between us and them.

8 is doable for sure, if Finley has the year I think He’s going to have he has a better chance of being drafted than mccloud imo

I agree to be honest... I actually think we should red shirt him if possible? He has a better chance being more productive for us next year .

Advertisement
Back