Canes with the third-most players on NFL opening rosters

Advertisement
Should have said elite guys, not just guys.

We haven't put a superstar into the league in a long time.

The "elite" guys is where we're really missing out.

And of our more recent NFL guys - most of the best ones didn't even play a full 3 years at Miami

Jimmy Graham - 1 year - He was learning the position, so he didn't contribute a lot while at Miami. He only had 17 catches.
Lamar Miller - 2 years - He was the backup RB one of those years
David Njoku - 2 years
Duke Johnson - 2.5 years - Was injured half his Soph year. The team went in the tank once he got injured. Team was 7-1 with him, 2-3 without him.
Olivier Vernon - 2.5 years - Was suspended half his Junior year

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some people have it just goes unnoticed. Linder is one of the highest paid lineman at his position. Duke has been one of the most productive players at his position per touch and will be featured this year with Miller sidelined. Njoku and Herndon are regarded as 2 of the best young tight ends. Dorset had the highest catch rating of all the receivers for the patriots last year and Brady loves him. Lamar Miller has the most rushing yards in the league since 2014(obviously that will change with him not playing this year). And that’s just a few names.

Miami has 4 starting olineman in the league right now
Henderson for the texans
Linder for the jaguars
Jon feliciano for the bills
Ereck flowers for Washington
Danny Isidora possibly can start for the dolphins
Agreed and well put. Crazy how we don't have more skill position guys in the league. Think that will change here shortly once Diaz gets things rolling.

The 2003 seniors are 37 now. I can't imagine that too many of them are still in the NFL.

Frank Gore, Greg Olsen, and Calais Campbell are the only ones that didn't play at Miami within the last 12 years.

They're also probably the 3 best players on that list. Once they retire we'll still have a lot of players, but very few "big name" players.

Frank Gore, Greg Olsen, and Calais Campbell are the only ones that didn't play at Miami within the last 12 years.

They're also probably the 3 best players on that list. Once they retire we'll still have a lot of players, but very few "big name" players.
Eh

Miller and duke are better than immortal gore at this stage

Njoku/Herndon next in line to replace olsen

For Campbell
Vernon has been one of the upper tier and most impactful defensive ends since he’s been in the league

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would say we have a chance to add 8-9 players next year.

Jeff Thomas
KJ Osborn
Deejay Dallas
Jon Garvin
Trevon Hill
Shaq Quarterman
Mike Pickney
Zach McCloud
Trajan Bandy
8 is doable for sure, if Finley has the year I think He’s going to have he has a better chance of being drafted than mccloud imo

Agreed and well put. Crazy how we don't have more skill position guys in the league. Think that will change here shortly once Diaz gets things rolling.

Rb gore, Johnson, Miller, homer, Walton

Tight end graham , Olsen, Herndon, njoku

Receiver- Benjamin, Dorsett, Hurns, berrios

Need to start putting more receiver guys in the league

A little OT but it's interesting not seeing USC in the top 10. I know we get compared to them by some on this board with the sanctions and campus setup, etc. I know people say we fell off(and we did) but their fall from grace might be harsher than ours right? Or am I wrong?

Advertisement
Outside of FSU, we are the worst performing team in that top 10. I'm tired of it, when are we going to start seeing some results where it matters, wins and losses.
The results will come with the right HC. I think we have a chance with Manny.

Same number as last year, which is good. I think we lose about 4 off that number next year.

This does beg the question, did Kaaya have the most underrated UM OL in history?

Kaaya made those UM teams worse overall so yes

I would say we have a chance to add 8-9 players next year.

Jeff Thomas
KJ Osborn
Deejay Dallas
Jon Garvin
Trevon Hill
Shaq Quarterman
Mike Pickney
Zach McCloud
Trajan Bandy

Everyone on this list except Zach McCloud

Advertisement
Said it earlier today, Either these recruiting sites massively underrate Miami’s recruiting classes year in and year out (certainly plausible) or there is some underrated development going on considering Miami is top 3 in active nfl players yet are not averaging top 10 recruiting classes in the last decade (more like top 15-20 recruiting classes.)

Point being Miami is developing the talent that they do get, we don’t have annual top 10 classes so of course there will be fewer 1st rounders or so like we had in the early 2000s but it’s still quality talent

And we just went with another bargain hire this time around. Maybe we'll get lucky.
Who was available who was elite? Simply paying more money for a coach doesn’t make him a better option if he’s not elite.

Plenty of programs overpay coaches and still get **** results. We have to do a better job selecting HCs. The pay will then follow the results.

Said it earlier today, Either these recruiting sites massively underrate Miami’s recruiting classes year in and year out (certainly plausible) or there is some underrated development going on considering Miami is top 3 in active nfl players yet are not averaging top 10 recruiting classes in the last decade (more like top 15-20 recruiting classes.)

Point being Miami is developing the talent that they do get, we don’t have annual top 10 classes so of course there will be fewer 1st rounders or so like we had in the early 2000s but it’s still quality talent

That whole DMoney “we don’t develop players” is nonsense.

From a sales/recruiting viewpoint, we develop players enough, even those that are not high star talent, to get to the NFL.

We’ve had decent/marginal talent come in the last few years, and that’s all we have in the NFL now. Yes there are a handful of outliers, but for the most part, the NFL talent we’ve been getting in now, is marginal talent.

The issue all along is we’re not recruiting in the upper tier. As well as, we’ve had poor college coaching. This whole development theory is ridiculous. Get a 17-year-old in a nutrition program and a workout program, and teaching them the basics, and if he has enough talent, the NFL will notice. End of story.

We need two things. Better talent and better coaching. And by better coaching I mean coaching that gets us college wins.

LOL at the nitpicking weirdos on here. Show them facts that absolutely support the premise that UM has DRAMATICALLY underachieved based on talent. Irrefutable facts.

They then opt to take those facts and claim our NFL PLAYERS are all bottom feeders while the other teams on the list produce only NFL Hall of Fsmers. Meanwhile, they offer NOTHING to support their stupid theory other than their old beat down Dominick the Donkey eeor wailing.

Fcking pvssies. Rejoice in these facts. These facts tell you that we are a competent HC away from you pvssies being able to watch games against the pathetic likes of UNC without shivering in the corner while your mom applies cold compresses to the back of your straw thin neck.

Advertisement
Back