Canes vs who? Elimination game...

You don't think we need to make any changes?

I don't think we need to make any coaching changes.

And that's really the crux of the fanboy argument. You think that 'changes' always have to include firing a coach. You don't know any other way. If you're not for firing somebody then you don't think we need to make any changes. That's the world you live in.

It's a childish viewpoint and one bathed in ignorant.

Advertisement
Keep going with the same philosophy and hope that our weaknesses (which you say we knew all year) don't hurt us in the postseason?

You don't change good philosophies. They are your philosophies because they're proven.

We need to keep the talent coming and we need to get more depth.

What you really want is the perfect team with no flaws that always wins. Just say it. You want the fanboy fantasy.

This is the real world where we deal with reality.

Yep, if other national seeds lose, then it's okay for us to look like hot garbage in Omaha. Again.

Another lie.

I merely mention the meltdown we have every year where people wonder 'what the **** happened?' for a team that won 50 games, was a national seed and went to Omaha.

That's an awful lot of success to wonder what went wrong.

What went wrong is we lost two games in Omaha.

Last edited:
Welcome to this board, apparently it's ok not to win more than one game at Omaha because we won in '99 and '01 and you're a fanboy for wanting just a little bit more and you want them to hit rather than bunt all the time.

It's comical watching you professional whiners operate.

Unless somebody whines as much as you do then somehow they don't want to win more.

This right here. But Ms. Morris will not acknowledge it.

You're right. I won't acknowledge something that's not true.

Mediavilla did have a couple of starts like that this year. It did happen. He struggled with his command at times. It was totally possible that it would happen again.

Advertisement
This team changes every year as soon as the postseason begins.

This is just lazy analysis.

I can't think of a postseason result that was unexpected based on regular season results.

All 7 of our national seeds went to Omaha. All but one of the non national seeds didn't. The results have been pretty straight-forward.

If Brian, err I mean Ms. Morris, cannot admit that we fail in the postseason in dramatic crash and burn fashion then he is just a fanboy troll.

So 10-3 last year to Florida is crash and burn and 5-3 to UC Santa Barbara is crash and burn too.

Which proves my point.

Our fans don't give a flip how we lose. They just care that we lost. Period. Full stop.

It's a lie to claim that you are upset with how we lost.

We lose close games you complain. We lose blowouts you complain.

2014 - stopped hitting scored 2 runs against TT in 3 games.

Wrong.

We didn't stop hitting. The team hit .258 that year and met a team that pitched out of their minds that postseason. So a team that struggled to hit played a team on a pitching binge....and struggled to score runs.

A predictable outcome. The team did not play differently.

Advertisement
Thats as far as Im going back but it is obvious we are playing our worst ball at the end of every season

No it's not.

It's just confirmation bias on your part.

We played the same way in each of those seasons. Regular season to postseason.

Advertisement
LSU, Texas, Arizona, USC off the top of my head.

God you're clueless.

Arizona has missed the postseason 8 times in the current format (since 1999). They only have 3 CWS appearances and 4 Regional wins.

But off the top of your head they've been better than Miami.

This is about as much as we can expect from the professional whiners.

You're wrong. Period.
We gave up 11 runs in 3 inning to Florida in the game that mattered.
We were eliminated by OK St. for scoring 1 run.

You prove me right again.

Our 'fans' don't even remember the details. They just remember that we lost.

We beat Jacksonville, 7-2, and then lost to Florida, 5-4, in the 1-0 game.

But the details don't matter. We lost. That's all the fanboys care about. Then of course 5 years later they whine about 'how' we played.

Give me a break.

Advertisement
We were eliminated by OK St. for scoring 1 run.

I've already clubbed you enough on this but you're wrong.

We were tied with Louisville late in the 1-0 game. That team had a lot of fight and just came up short against a better team.

But nobody cares about that! We lost. That's all they remember.

On the flip side it is time to notice that something is bad wrong with our postseason baseball and fix that.

Only if you believe the nonsense argument that the team plays differently in the postseason than they do in the regular season.

You're just using 2 losses in Omaha to skew everything. Forgetting that we were 5-1 before that in both 2015 and 2016.

Welcome to this board, apparently it's ok not to win more than one game at Omaha because we won in '99 and '01 and you're a fanboy for wanting just a little bit more and you want them to hit rather than bunt all the time.

It's comical watching you professional whiners operate.

Unless somebody whines as much as you do then somehow they don't want to win more.

It's comical watching you post 941 posts of pure BS and excuse making, quick question what fallbacks does this job contain that weren't here already before Morris took the job?? the answer is the fallbacks have been the same since he took the job and the last 8 years have been filled with failures and disappointments and you're ok with it because you're ok with being average come tourney time and just getting getting. Oh wait we win Coastal championships and win 50 games a season, let me go get my my Pom Poms to cheer because apparently conference championships and meaningless 50 win seasons matter more to Brian PickleSmooch over here than winning at Omaha.

Yup.
I think someone has their designations mixed up.
My definition of a "fanboy" is one that unconditionally justifies their teams inability to perform as expected.

The team did perform as expected. It got to Omaha like it was supposed to.

Fanboys are those who don't really follow the team but swoop in around May/June to whine when the team loses. They are usually delusional and don't understand college baseball.

Advertisement
Back