Canes vs who? Elimination game...

I don't know that it means a whole lot that we dominated the RPI from February to May.

It does mean a lot because it puts us in the most favorable position to reach Omaha.

Being # 16 in the RPI instead of # 3 isn't going to help us.

If you don't know that then that's your problem.

Advertisement
God help us if our coaches aren't trying to figure this out and are sitting around saying "nothing we can do when it's random".

I mean this is comical.

So because I acknowledge that small samples in baseball are random then I'm somehow in favor of doing nothing to tweak the program.

You're a clown.

Then quit coming across as the guy who is being paid by Hecht to apologize for the program. Join the discussion. What philosophical changes in recruiting or game management do you think need to happen?

I don't know that it means a whole lot that we dominated the RPI from February to May.

It does mean a lot because it puts us in the most favorable position to reach Omaha.

Being # 16 in the RPI instead of # 3 isn't going to help us.

If you don't know that then that's your problem.

Except for the fact that being a national seed does nothing to help your chances. The stats back that up. Home team national seeds are losing more than they are winning. You're focusing on an aspect that doesn't matter.

Advertisement
We get exposed every June anymore.

We weren't exposed. Every weakness we had we knew about long before the CWS.

You're just not smart enough or inquisitive enough to understand what you're watching so you just resort to fanboy cliches to explain it.

Right, because Mediavilla had been a train wreck, losing the game for us in the first 15 minutes, all year long.

We had no clutch hitting all year long.

We were the same team in Omaha as we were the previous four months. Nothing changed.

Considering that the champion is determined under the current format, could we revisit our philosophy so that we have a chance of winning a title?

It's not a philosophy problem.

We've won 13 Regionals, 9 Super Regionals and 2 National Championships with the current philosophy.

Find a philosophy that has accomplished more in the current format.

Advertisement
How is it that we go into a season with our #1 being Thomas Woodrey? Why did we have to throw a patched up Eric Erickson out there to start a regional?

This is so ironic.

You first admit that we can't get our best arms to campus and that we should do better developing college guys into aces.

Then you complain that we have guys like Woodrey and Erickson as our aces. But those are the good college pitchers you were yearning for!

Woodrey was great last year. He had a 2.88 ERA. Erickson was very good and was hugely valuable (as a # 2 by the way) in 2008.

try 4.98 bud, he threw 2.88 as a junior...out of the pen

Thomas Woodrey Bio - University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

I'm going to ask this again: can you name the last time that we lost but played well?

No because it's an asinine question.

We went to extra innings with national seed Florida in the winner's bracket game in 2011. We were tied 1-1 late with CWS team Louisville in in the winner's bracket game in 2013.

Nobody cares that we were one play or one break away because we lost.

Our fans whine when we win. They are not going to be rational and credit lesser teams who almost won big games.

You're delusional if you think otherwise.

Please point to the seasons in the past 8 years when we lost but played really well.

This is a comical statement.

Because you can't find that season. In the last 8 years, we have come away from the last few games asking "what the **** was that?" You cannot deny it, so you go with the "Ur dumb" response.

It's because he has a baseball IQ of a gerbal and acts like a 5 year old when he's proven wrong

Advertisement
What philosophical changes in recruiting or game management do you think need to happen?

The changes have already been made. When there were issues (2009-11) they were addressed.

Gino came back to coach the hitters and be the recruiting coordinator. JD went back to focusing on the pitchers.

Everything has been upward since then.

I said it at the time too. When we lost in 2012 I got killed on the canestime for saying that we would be fine.

Advertisement
What philosophical changes in recruiting or game management do you think need to happen?

The changes have already been made. When there were issues (2009-11) they were addressed.

Gino came back to coach the hitters and be the recruiting coordinator. JD went back to focusing on the pitchers.

Everything has been upward since then.

I said it at the time too. When we lost in 2012 I got killed on the canestime for saying that we would be fine.

And you think we're fine?

I think the big valley between the two camps here is that one group is thrilled with regular season success and thinks that anything in the postseason is just a bonus. That's a scary mindset.

Considering that the champion is determined under the current format, could we revisit our philosophy so that we have a chance of winning a title?

It's not a philosophy problem.

We've won 13 Regionals, 9 Super Regionals and 2 National Championships with the current philosophy.

Find a philosophy that has accomplished more in the current format.

Exactly. We're using a philosophy that was successful 15 years ago. Now we lose home regionals and go 0-2 in Omaha. But we should keep doing the same thing.

Like I said earlier, if they're sitting around preparing to do the same thing next year, clean house.

Grinding it out with above average pitching gets you Coastal titles.

How do you win a title over 30 games with just above average pitching?

Pitching is more exposed over more games and more innings played.

If you think we had top-of-the-line pitching, you might want to move on to a new screen name. This one is now tainted.

This guy watched our team and doesn't think pitching was a problem. Capital WOW.

Advertisement
Back