Canes vs who? Elimination game...

Advertisement
What philosophical changes in recruiting or game management do you think need to happen?

The changes have already been made. When there were issues (2009-11) they were addressed.

Gino came back to coach the hitters and be the recruiting coordinator. JD went back to focusing on the pitchers.

Everything has been upward since then.

I said it at the time too. When we lost in 2012 I got killed on the canestime for saying that we would be fine.

So back to square one, which you denied already. You don't think we need to make any changes? Keep going with the same philosophy and hope that our weaknesses (which you say we knew all year) don't hurt us in the postseason? Don't fix the weaknesses? Keep trucking along as-is?

This year we were a 3 seed, on "paper", the second best team in Omaha. This year our bracket shaped up nicely. This year we had the experience from '15 in Omaha.

What happened??

The same thing that happened to pretty much every national seed.

After tonight only one national seed will have won a game in Omaha. But somehow our situation is a crisis that requires fanboys to meltdown.

You'd think we were the only national seed to 'crash' out.

Funny. Remember the last time you called me fanboy?

"Now I know that you don't follow it much.
The conference tournaments don't mean all that much. Certainly 'making noise' isn't sufficient to make them a national seed.
You speak in silly fanboy talk."

I've followed hurricane baseball for a long time. Given your response style. I'd say I've been a fan long before you were even born.

As far as your comment goes, it's not even registering with me.
No meltdown. I wanted more. I really don't give a crap what the other national seeds do.

See you next year.

Yep, if other national seeds lose, then it's okay for us to look like hot garbage in Omaha. Again.
Welcome to this board, apparently it's ok not to win more than one game at Omaha because we won in '99 and '01 and you're a fanboy for wanting just a little bit more and you want them to hit rather than bunt all the time.

Advertisement
Because you can't find that season. In the last 8 years, we have come away from the last few games asking "what the **** was that?"

Our fans always do that!

We go the the World Series and our fans are waiting to pounce when we lose. They're not going to ever consider that we played well and lost.

Get outta here with that garbage.

We get exposed every June anymore.

We weren't exposed. Every weakness we had we knew about long before the CWS.

You're just not smart enough or inquisitive enough to understand what you're watching so you just resort to fanboy cliches to explain it.

Right, because Mediavilla had been a train wreck, losing the game for us in the first 15 minutes, all year long.

We had no clutch hitting all year long.

We were the same team in Omaha as we were the previous four months. Nothing changed.

This right here. But Ms. Morris will not acknowledge it.

You guys really screwed up by banning Jagar and leaving the ani Jagar on the board.

This team changes every year as soon as the postseason begins. All you need as evidence is every season since 2002, and 2008 may have been the most talented college team in the last 30 years and we go 1-2 in Omaha.

If Brian, err I mean Ms. Morris, cannot admit that we fail in the postseason in dramatic crash and burn fashion then he is just a fanboy troll. And I can already read his respons "every team fails", TCU could lose their next two games and I wouldn't consider them a fail. They played great in the post season, earned a trip to Omaha by beating a team supposed to be better than them. There are 20 stories like that a year. Teams like Miami and Florida are just failing to live up to their regular season success. And it is crash and burn fashion because every season it seems our best attributes become our biggest weaknesses.

Here is how we have been eliminated ever year since 2008.

This year, Meadiavilla pitching and fielding.
Last year, hitting quit.
2014 - stopped hitting scored 2 runs against TT in 3 games.
2013 - quote from Gino "The wheels fell off there, we couldn't get anything going offensively"
2012 - go 0-2 in a home regional. Score a total of 4 runs, give up 22. Quote from the final *** beating "The Bears plated seven runs in the bottom of the first, chasing junior lefthander Steven Ewing out of the game after only 2/3 of an inning." just to support the crafty left hander crowd.
2011 - 9 errors in 4 games.
2010 - played good in a home regional. In the supers committed 7 errors in one game.
2009 - Our starting pitching gave up 11 runs in 3 innings of work
2008- Our elite closer begins to lose it towards the end of the season, everyone sees it. Blows Game one of CWS. Game 2 we beat FSU but not before our elite closer throws 49 pitches in one inning and gives up 3 runs. Again, strength to weakness. Final game, our amazing offense goes cold. This year will make me sick forever until we win a title again.

Thats as far as Im going back but it is obvious we are playing our worst ball at the end of every season, save for maybe 2010. If you are arguing with that then you just refuse to see the truth.

Considering that the champion is determined under the current format, could we revisit our philosophy so that we have a chance of winning a title?

It's not a philosophy problem.

We've won 13 Regionals, 9 Super Regionals and 2 National Championships with the current philosophy.

Find a philosophy that has accomplished more in the current format.

LSU, Texas, Arizona, USC off the top of my head. No one is arguing we are not a premier program. People are ****ed that we can't get it together in the post season.

Advertisement
I'm going to ask this again: can you name the last time that we lost but played well?

No because it's an asinine question.

We went to extra innings with national seed Florida in the winner's bracket game in 2011. We were tied 1-1 late with CWS team Louisville in in the winner's bracket game in 2013.

Nobody cares that we were one play or one break away because we lost.

Our fans whine when we win. They are not going to be rational and credit lesser teams who almost won big games.

You're delusional if you think otherwise.

You're wrong. Period.
We gave up 11 runs in 3 inning to Florida in the game that mattered.
We were eliminated by OK St. for scoring 1 run.

What philosophical changes in recruiting or game management do you think need to happen?

The changes have already been made. When there were issues (2009-11) they were addressed.

Gino came back to coach the hitters and be the recruiting coordinator. JD went back to focusing on the pitchers.

Everything has been upward since then.

I said it at the time too. When we lost in 2012 I got killed on the canestime for saying that we would be fine.

I do agree with you here. There was clearly something bad wrong those years and it has been fixed and we are good/great in the regular season now. On the flip side it is time to notice that something is bad wrong with our postseason baseball and fix that.

Last edited:
Yep, if other national seeds lose, then it's okay for us to look like hot garbage in Omaha. Again.
Welcome to this board, apparently it's ok not to win more than one game at Omaha because we won in '99 and '01 and you're a fanboy for wanting just a little bit more and you want them to hit rather than bunt all the time.

Yup.
I think someone has their designations mixed up.
My definition of a "fanboy" is one that unconditionally justifies their teams inability to perform as expected.

Advertisement
And you think we're fine?

Yes.

I think back-to-back 50-win season and Omaha trips makes us fine.

We're at the mercy of the draft right now but we'll probably come out the other side in August just fine for the 2017 season too.

You will no doubt whine and complain if we lose our last game next year.

I think the big valley between the two camps here is that one group is thrilled with regular season success and thinks that anything in the postseason is just a bonus. That's a scary mindset.

You're lying again. As usual.

I said many times that Omaha is the goal. Anything less would have been a disappointing season. That's far away from thinking that 'anything in the postseason is just a bonus.'

Advertisement
Exactly. We're using a philosophy that was successful 15 years ago.

What would make a philosophy sound 15 years ago but unsound now?

I think the extreme imprecision of your claims is what makes the professional whiners so insufferable. You have a ton of broad points to make but none of them are grounded in specifics.

Last edited:
This guy watched our team and doesn't think pitching was a problem. Capital WOW.

And yet another lie.

Our pitching had some issues but it was good enough to win 50-games, win the ACC Regular Season and get to Omaha.

You're playing the result based on 2 games.

You're being silly.

Advertisement
Back