Canes vs Longhorns - Regional Final Game 1 - 6pm ESPNU/ESPN+

Well Canes baseball fans, hard year. We ended up to be a better team than I expected, but still not what we want. Basketball was fun, I enjoyed going to the final 4. Football was downer. Onto the next season!!
Basketball should be really fun against next year. Not the same quality of starting 5 but a deeper team with 2 freshmen who should contribute and be in the rotation.

Advertisement
He might be. I’ve never thought he was a competent pitching coach and I can tell you why I completely gave up several years ago.

I emailed him about a sophomore pitcher in Ohio who was better than a lot of guys he had been recruiting. JD didn’t respond for several days so I forwarded to Gino.

Gino did respond within a few hours and clearly had researched the player and asked me to connect him to the parents, which I did. He actually tried pretty hard to get the kid to come camp but there were some other issues so that didn’t work out. He was a legit high D1 player. But, Gino at least followed up. JD apparently couldn’t be bothered from missing lunch to talk to anybody.

There is a reason I say JD is lazy and a poor coach.
Was sarcasm on my end, that is by and large the response I’ve been met with following criticism of JD.

Really appreciate sharing the experience though, makes it that much more visible to the larger fanbase. Obviously very sorry that happened to your kid however, hope he found his place elsewhere.

He might be. I’ve never thought he was a competent pitching coach and I can tell you why I completely gave up several years ago.

I emailed him about a sophomore pitcher in Ohio who was better than a lot of guys he had been recruiting. JD didn’t respond for several days so I forwarded to Gino.

Gino did respond within a few hours and clearly had researched the player and asked me to connect him to the parents, which I did. He actually tried pretty hard to get the kid to come camp but there were some other issues so that didn’t work out. He was a legit high D1 player. But, Gino at least followed up. JD apparently couldn’t be bothered from missing lunch to talk to anybody.

There is a reason I say JD is lazy and a poor coach.
So bc the kid didn’t show up to a camp they couldn’t be bothered to go see him?

Is the recruiting budget minuscule or did they just not care enough to try?

Advertisement
Western NC uses the shoulder and has a thick sauce that has a sweet, savory flavor.

Eastern NC is whole hog, vinger, spicier.

SC uses mustard sauce.

I honestly don't really know that TX bbq is, but I'm sure it has good stuff.

Texas BBQ doesn't use sauce as much in the cooking part of the process. Largely seasoned with salt, pepper and other spices. The sauce is for the table.

My brother has a competiton smoker that we use a couple of times a year, we do several kinds of meat including brisket and pulled pork. We sometimes do a few experiments with with different kinds of wood and injections and spices, BUT WE DO NOT SAUCE THE MEAT, except for late in the process with pork ribs.

And we go all over the country checking out both famous and hole-in-the-wall spots too. My brother found a Peruvian chicken place in Houston that he loves, and a lot of it has to do with the sauces. ON THE TABLE.

Was sarcasm on my end, that is by and large the response I’ve been met with following criticism of JD.

Really appreciate sharing the experience though, makes it that much more visible to the larger fanbase. Obviously very sorry that happened to your kid however, hope he found his place elsewhere.
I get it. I really think this program needs an ***** and some new blood. It’s been stale and lazy for a long time. Since 2008, we’ve missed regionals as much as we’ve been to Omaha (twice). That’s pathetic. Gino/JD/Norberto have had their shot and they can’t get it done. Not changing. Bring in someone from the outside.

I was on a plane to St. Louis once and sat next to a guy talking about how I needed to go to some place and eat snoots. Lol I think he was talking about pig noses.

Yep. That's the Bogarts/Pappys family of restaurants. I was actually watching a BBQ show on PBS (the one that Steven Reichlen does) and when they went to St. Louis for a show, they had one of the Bogarts/Pappys pitmasters come on and explain snoots.

Advertisement
I couldn't watch the game. So you're telling me we had a 3-0 lead in the second inning, couldn't score another run the entire game, and ended up getting blown out?

Texas BBQ doesn't use sauce as much in the cooking part of the process. Largely seasoned with salt, pepper and other spices. The sauce is for the table.

My brother has a competiton smoker that we use a couple of times a year, we do several kinds of meat including brisket and pulled pork. We sometimes do a few experiments with with different kinds of wood and injections and spices, BUT WE DO NOT SAUCE THE MEAT, except for late in the process with pork ribs.

And we go all over the country checking out both famous and hole-in-the-wall spots too. My brother found a Peruvian chicken place in Houston that he loves, and a lot of it has to do with the sauces. ON THE TABLE.
I don't use any sauce on any Bbq that I Bbq! Brisket, Pork Butt, Beef Ribs or Baby back ribs! You are a learned Bbq fan!

Amen Bro! Franklin's is really good!

Yessir. I've got all of Aaron's books and a few of Steven Reichlen's. I've watched so may BBQ shows and I can admire both Aaron's approach (same menu year-in and year-out) and Steven's more open-minded approach (he thinks you can BBQ just about anything).

So bc the kid didn’t show up to a camp they couldn’t be bothered to go see him?

Is the recruiting budget minuscule or did they just not care enough to try?
I think you misunderstood. JD didn’t respond to an email. I then sent to Gino who did. I appreciate Gino being engaged and recruiting him. JD? Lol he had no desire to even follow up.

He pitched in the mid 90’s so I guess he can be the pitching coach as long as he wants.

Advertisement
I think you misunderstood. JD didn’t respond to an email. I then sent to Gino who did. I appreciate Gino being engaged and recruiting him. JD? Lol he had no desire to even follow up.

He pitched in the mid 90’s so I guess he can be the pitching coach as long as he wants.
I understood that part. I’m asking if anything else happened. You said he tried to get him to a camp and sounded like it didn’t work out. Did they ever go see the kid in person and continue recruiting him after that?

Scroll a couple posts up for your answer

Uh, no. You didn't provide an answer.

You are just as stubborn as a French person who insists that nobody else on the planet can make champagne or use the term "champagne".

BBQ is a cooking style, and it is not limited to pork, no matter how much the NC French want to prevent anyone else from using the term.

Motha****a, NC didn't even invent BBQ, the people of the Caribbean did and you stole it.

Advertisement
Uh, no. You didn't provide an answer.

You are just as stubborn as a French person who insists that nobody else on the planet can make champagne or use the term "champagne".

BBQ is a cooking style, and it is not limited to pork, no matter how much the NC French want to prevent anyone else from using the term.

Motha****a, NC didn't even invent BBQ, the people of the Caribbean did and you stole it.
Argue with your English teacher about the dictionary definition.

Don’t care who invented it, we perfected it.

Advertisement
Back