Canes vs Longhorns - Regional Final Game 1 - 6pm ESPNU/ESPN+

I understood that part. I’m asking if anything else happened. You said he tried to get him to a camp and sounded like it didn’t work out. Did they ever go see the kid in person and continue recruiting him after that?
No we needed to get him down there but it didn’t work out for a variety of reasons. I don’t want to get too deep in the weeds on that for obvious reasons.

I appreciated Gino for putting in some effort. JD? Well, look at his pitching staff. No further comment.

Advertisement
I understood that part. I’m asking if anything else happened. You said he tried to get him to a camp and sounded like it didn’t work out. Did they ever go see the kid in person and continue recruiting him after that?
Without having any clue and not meaning to answer for him I’m guessing no. I’m chiming in because this is the kind of stuff that needs to be put out in the open.

Many of us on here, be it the old Wizard’s Den Guard or otherwise, with the rivalries and animosities aside, all agree on that point. If you’re a Perfect Game 9.5 from the State of Miami that wants to come, that’s good enough.

I don't use any sauce on any Bbq that I Bbq! Brisket, Pork Butt, Beef Ribs or Baby back ribs! You are a learned Bbq fan!

Yessir. BBQ, the meat, the cooking, the sauces...everything is driven by the region.

Christopher Columbus brought over pigs on his ships. Until recently, there was still a legacy herd of wild pigs running around on one of the Georga/SC barrier islands that were descended from the Columbus pigs. Pork is the prevalent BBQ ingredient in VA and the Carolinas. The East Carolina sauce uses more vinegar, West Carolina is more tomato based, and South Carolina is mustard based (don't ask me how Alabama got into mayonnaise for its "Alabama white sauce").

Texas obviously has more cattle, and more BBQ beef and brisket and sausage. Texas doesn't use much sauce for cooking, but tends to go more towards spicy.

Memphis was an early trading spot, where goods from all over came together for commerce. The use of molasses was what led to the "sweet" variety of BBQ sauce.

And then KC became a massive trading spot for US commerce, particularly cattle and sheep, the larger herd animals. KC tended to use a mixture of sweet and spicy sauces.

Someone please tell "NC Cane" that the barbecue that started in the Caribbean INVOLVED DEER AND ALLIGATOR. And was first imported to Mississippi, before it made its way to the Carolinas.

You can't just steal something, change the name, and then define it in a way that nobody else can use the same term.

No we needed to get him down there but it didn’t work out for a variety of reasons. I don’t want to get too deep in the weeds on that for obvious reasons.

I appreciated Gino for putting in some effort. JD? Well, look at his pitching staff. No further comment.
Understood preciate that

Advertisement
IMG_4168.jpeg

Without having any clue and not meaning to answer for him I’m guessing no. I’m chiming in because this is the kind of stuff that needs to be put out in the open.

Many of us on here, be it the old Wizard’s Den Guard or otherwise, with the rivalries and animosities aside, all agree on that point. If you’re a Perfect Game 9.5 from the State of Miami that wants to come, that’s good enough.
It certainly seems like not as much evaluating is done at the coaching level and it’s farmed out to PG and BA. Would be interesting to see the big board and have it as open as it is with football.

Yessir. BBQ, the meat, the cooking, the sauces...everything is driven by the region.

Christopher Columbus brought over pigs on his ships. Until recently, there was still a legacy herd of wild pigs running around on one of the Georga/SC barrier islands that were descended from the Columbus pigs. Pork is the prevalent BBQ ingredient in VA and the Carolinas. The East Carolina sauce uses more vinegar, West Carolina is more tomato based, and South Carolina is mustard based (don't ask me how Alabama got into mayonnaise for its "Alabama white sauce").

Texas obviously has more cattle, and more BBQ beef and brisket and sausage. Texas doesn't use much sauce for cooking, but tends to go more towards spicy.

Memphis was an early trading spot, where goods from all over came together for commerce. The use of molasses was what led to the "sweet" variety of BBQ sauce.

And then KC became a massive trading spot for US commerce, particularly cattle and sheep, the larger herd animals. KC tended to use a mixture of sweet and spicy sauces.

Someone please tell "NC Cane" that the barbecue that started in the Caribbean INVOLVED DEER AND ALLIGATOR. And was first imported to Mississippi, before it made its way to the Carolinas.

You can't just steal something, change the name, and then define it in a way that nobody else can use the same term.
Thought there were still many on Sapelo Island. Allen Bailey country. Could be outdated with that notion.

Advertisement
Texas BBQ doesn't use sauce as much in the cooking part of the process. Largely seasoned with salt, pepper and other spices. The sauce is for the table.

My brother has a competiton smoker that we use a couple of times a year, we do several kinds of meat including brisket and pulled pork. We sometimes do a few experiments with with different kinds of wood and injections and spices, BUT WE DO NOT SAUCE THE MEAT, except for late in the process with pork ribs.

And we go all over the country checking out both famous and hole-in-the-wall spots too. My brother found a Peruvian chicken place in Houston that he loves, and a lot of it has to do with the sauces. ON THE TABLE.
I've been to Lil Red's on 84. It is NOT good.

Has there been any signs of NIL compensation to baseballers? I for one had high hopes when LW was recently spiking up our basketball Prospects (and football) that some funds would trickle over to Canes baseball recruiting. Anyone know if this is occurring (or will occur?) Come to think of it, you don't often hear of an NIL-enhanced transfer pool for baseball with the usual "final 5 choices" type-stuff at all.

Advertisement
Has there been any signs of NIL compensation to baseballers? I for one had high hopes when LW was recently spiking up our basketball Prospects (and football) that some funds would trickle over to Canes baseball recruiting. Anyone know if this is occurring (or will occur?) Come to think of it, you don't often hear of an NIL-enhanced transfer pool for baseball with the usual "final 5 choices" type-stuff at all.
I remember seeing that Yoyo, Walters, newly departed Kaden Martin, and somebody that I can think of off the top of my head were with LW.

Thought there were still many on Sapelo Island. Allen Bailey country. Could be outdated with that notion.

Might still be some on Sapelo. I know that one of the islands down there was being developed and they relocated the pigs to an agricultural university (K-State?).

I don’t wanna create no new enemies, so imma leave the BBQ discussion alone, but speaking of BBQ:

As I’ve preached for quite some time while on this fabulous board:

NEVER
HIRE
FROM
A
FAILED
REGIME

The results usually are BBQ Chicken.

Imo, this season reminded me a lot of the 2017 FB season; we had a lot of “whoa mama” moments, where we should’ve lost, & miraculously came back. The ACC Championship game exposed that 2017 team, just like the ACC Championship game exposed this 2023 squad. Wish these boys had better coaching b/c Gino looks lost af. I’m not sure what JD does, but those mound visits does chit for our pitching. Speaking of pitching, is it me or has the staff regressed?

Advertisement
Well Canes baseball fans, hard year. We ended up to be a better team than I expected, but still not what we want. Basketball was fun, I enjoyed going to the final 4. Football was downer. Onto the next season!!
I will agree. Sadly, I am almost programmed to expect less than what we field should achieve. ******* sick of this movie, but I keep expecting it to be looped.

Advertisement
Back