Canes vs Longhorns - Regional Final Game 1 - 6pm ESPNU/ESPN+

Wrong fella. I have lived in TN, NC, SC and Texas. Tn pork best in the world, TX Brisket is an awesome treat. See how opinions work? SUBJECTIVE! YOUR OPINION means nada to me

Yes, the problem that you run into in NC/SC/VA is an over-emphasis on pork.

And don't get me wrong, pulled pork can be excellent.

But NC is not the best in pork ribs, beef ribs, brisket, sausage, turkey, or chicken.

Advertisement
Why isn’t brisket real bbq? It’s just a different type of meat but it’s smoked. I’ve lived in Virginia (DC, Richmond and Hampton Roads) and NC where Eastern Carolina bbq rules, and those Virginians from Richmond going South on the 95 corridor also refer to bbq and they’re talking about pulled pork. That’s bbq in those parts but bbq isn’t one unanimous meat consisting of pork butt nationwide.

Come on man, you know that different parts of the country define bbq differently…. Even within the guise of slow and low smoking???
We raise beef in Texas. We cook beef. Nothing against the folks in the Carolinas, land and geography doesn't allow for large stock. Work with what ya' got. Peace out boys, we'll see ya next time.

Why isn’t brisket real bbq? It’s just a different type of meat but it’s smoked. I’ve lived in Virginia (DC, Richmond and Hampton Roads) and NC where Eastern Carolina bbq rules, and those Virginians from Richmond going South on the 95 corridor also refer to “bbq” and they’re talking about pulled pork. That’s bbq in those parts but bbq isn’t one unanimous meat consisting of pork butt nationwide.

Come on man, you know that different parts of the country define bbq differently…. Even within the guise of slow and low smoking???

Texas is known for brisket and beef ribs. ****, Maryland does pit beef.
Bbq is pulled or chopped
Brisket is brisket
Ribs are ribs

Advertisement

But NC is not the best in pork ribs, beef ribs, brisket, sausage, turkey, or chicken.
I have found really good stuff in Tx, TN, GA, SC and Fl. Grew up in Fl and TN, lived in Tx for 42 years. Love me some Bbq!

Nothing triggers Texas people more then reminding them that Brisket isn’t real bbq and that their pulled pork is mediocre
Eastern NC is the best bbq. Argentina is the best beef (and all associated with cow) and blood sausage.

This case is not open.

Advertisement
I can’t even begin to imagine what it’s like losing a child but Jd seems much more removed since that incident. Everywhere he goes is likely a reminder. So I don’t want to beat the guy up not knowing what is going through his head because you don’t just move on. Maybe a change in scenery would reignite his passion. Because at this point we haven’t made anyone better in recent memory. And it looks like we just add the most recent gadgets and data systems but don’t utilize it at all to get better. There is just no emotion from anyone on staff. No smiles, joy, no rage, nothing. Just a love of reviewing plays you typically lose and then whining to umps, which then players see as OK so they do it.

As for hitting we can still hit home runs but not everyone in the lineup has to have that approach.

Levenson isn’t getting drafted. If he does it’s a waste of a pick. He is a nice college player but until he starts using the whole field for power he is just your typical college 5/6 hitter.

We have another great class coming in…Cyr next year should be the man. Let’s see what type of step he takes.

It wouldn’t shock me if there were a few surprise transfers. If I were Ligon I’d think about it. 2 years in a row he wore out or got dinged up. He didn’t get any better when he was healthy despite have a really nice 3 pitch mix. I think the kids realize what most of us see.
Incredibly sad, but true. Although it's rarely the fault of an assistant. It starts at the top.

Time to blow it up like FSU did, before we're 3 - 4 years behind their curve.

Buz and Ned’s in Richmond has the best pork ribs I’ve ever had but I don’t profess to have been everywhere and tried everything. Eastern Carolina and Virginia is pretty pork shoulder/butt-centric as you know. That’s what they do there. The sauce is vinegar and spice. I actually like to take a Texas style sauce and cut it with the Carolina vinegar sauce. Blasphemy I know.

Wood ceilings. Like 2x4’s is the only thing that stuck out to me.

So you just googled.

I've had BBQ in all 13 confederate states (and wannabe confederate states) plus Kansas and Oklahoma. There is great BBQ in so many places, not just NC. And you can't narrow the definition to "just pulled pork", there's not any major BBQ competition that even defines things so arbitrarily.

Advertisement
Nothing triggers Texas people more then reminding them that Brisket isn’t real bbq and that their pulled pork is mediocre
No, nothing sends folks over the edge like a stupid bbq person. But you don't have an open mind about anything, so worthless energy.

Buz and Ned’s in Richmond has the best pork ribs I’ve ever had but I don’t profess to have been everywhere and tried everything. Eastern Carolina and Virginia is pretty pork shoulder/butt-centric as you know. That’s what they do there. The sauce is vinegar and spice. I actually like to take a Texas style sauce and cut it with the Carolina vinegar sauce. Blasphemy I know.
Good stuff! Love good ribs. Try Rendezvous and Corey's if ever in Memphis.

Advertisement
Spoken by a very uneducated cook. Bbq means low and slow fella. Memphis in May can educate ya!
I agree with you but they literally call it that in those parts. Like an old southern guy I worked with years ago in Virginia literally said when they call something bbq they’re referring to that chopped/pulled pork.

Advertisement
Back