Canes vs. Bama 2021 Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on the game:

I was completely wrong about the Alabama offensive line . They looked like they were playing together for years. Overall I was very disappointed in the play calling by Lash. Way too conservative and sorely lacking in imagination. Those multiple three announce lead to way too many possessions for that offense.

In the second half we competed the way I thought we would the entire game. Playcalling was more aggressive and we played them tough. Thought there were some brutal officiating calls that changed the overall score but this one was never in doubt.

Aready to play the rest of our schedule. Overall in week one I saw a ton of mediocre football teams. From Oklahoma to Oregon to UNC teams struggled.

Advertisement
All about coaching man. How many times are we gonna get embarrassed on these national televised games? I know OU dont play the best D, but even Tulane stayed in the game. We always get our *** whooped by these teams, while these lesser schools still manage to stay competitive against their big matchup.

i think you are missing my point. We wouldn't have won this game if we brought back Ken Dorsey. Its big picture and setting yourself up for the future. King has been non existent in big games. Why not start one of the two this year and let them get reps. You see it all across the nation where these nobody freshman come in and have success (saw it today for Tulane). We have two really talented kids and then a feel good story -overhyped RB playing QB.
I get your point but Garcia, like King would have been set up to fail in this game by Lashlee

I just don’t see how playing Garcia would have been a good thing other than seeing if he can withstand a horrendous beating
other teams are throwing out freshman all the time and many times they play well. (happens to us ) We know what we have in King, its serviceable with a hint of exciting . He won't do well when he can't "out athlete " the other team. that only happens a few games a year.

Advertisement
I agree in the sense that the only time teams trouble Alabama is when they spread it out and throw the ball around.

You're simply not beating these ****ers in a phone booth. The run should be used to keep them off balance, not to set up the pass.

Yes but it’s worse than that. We aren’t any good at it, haven’t been in a long time. At least of it were a strength I could justify tryin. But instead, we put our worst up against their best lmao.

I get the frustration. But am I the only person seeing a totally different set of athletes on both sides of the ball? Allen vs Mcloud
Zion vs Neal
Do I need to go on.
What about the running backs.
They might be better than last year.
Yes it sucks to get ***** slapped like that. But they’re gonna be doing it to a lot of teams.

Cribby, I love all your updates and insight, but did you see anything change since last year? All our players can’t rise to the occasion, nothing seems to change but the year.
The ol is noticeably better , especially with 70 in there. I actually came away feeling better after Scaife left. We knew we didn’t have dogs at de like last year , we need to blitz to get pressure. The front seven disappointed me , we’re definitely light in the *** but luckily nobody we face going forward will have a front seven like this .

No, it isn't. Richt retired, didn't take a buyout and Blake James hired Diaz without making one single phone call to a QUALIFIED candidate. That's on James, and the BOT. James should have been fired the moment he suggested that Diaz be named HC, without interviews.
He's talking about scheduling Bama

Advertisement
Let’s keep it a buck; Bama took their foot off the gas once they went up 34-3. They were literally just methodically killing the clock for about a 20-23 min stretch. Bama could’ve easily scored 55+ on us. The score don’t tell the whole story.
Same qb my guess trying to get him live reps . Saban has killler instincts diaz is a fairy

All I want is a team that looks like they are coaches well and prepared. That pays hard every week and competes. Is that to much to ask???? We will never dominate like the past but for gods sake can we at least be respectable

Let’s keep it a buck; Bama took their foot off the gas once they went up 34-3. They were literally just methodically killing the clock for about a 20-23 min stretch. Bama could’ve easily scored 55+ on us. The score don’t tell the whole story.
Man, just when I was starting to get pumped about keeping Bama under 50. Way to let the air out of the balloon.

This loss is on the same level as getting blown out by a UNC team that lost to FSU last year. This is the beginning of the end for Manny.

What??? UNC didn’t have -18.5 spread on us going into the game…. This game went about as expected. Offense was disappointing, but score was no surprise, the way the game played out was no surprise.

Advertisement
All about coaching man. How many times are we gonna get embarrassed on these national televised games? I know OU dont play the best D, but even Tulane stayed in the game. We always get our *** whooped by these teams, while these lesser schools still manage to stay competitive against their big matchup.
Tulane wasn't calling runs on 3rd and 7. They came to win.

This is our HEAD coach

manny diaz Archives - ItsAUThing.com — Formerly allCanesBlog.com — It's All  About 'The U'!

Advertisement
The BoT have to decide where they want to take this program. Serviceable coaching staff isn’t cutting it.
This isn't serviceable. Miami can't spend like Alabama, but Miami isn't getting anywhere near bang for the buck they should. Willie Fritz would have lost today to Alabama, but I bet you, they would have scored at least 24 points, and FOUGHT. Bill Clark would have had his team somewhat prepared. All these guys out there, working the midmajors, that could have possibly been hired, and Miami settled for Diaz without even bothering to ask around.

Any good coach with a good qb puts up numbers on manny
There have been horrible quarterbacks rip Manny defense apart. Still can’t get that VT qb that kept throwing that tightend drag play all game long that Manny could never figure out how to cover

You go after the mopes when things go well. This is the flip side.

Well? Is been a while but no one should take pride and be bumping their chest when we get blown out.
But it is what it is, good luck to you and all the mods this week. You are going to need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back